Two

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV 

The TV is one for once in the practice room. It's weird to be able to watch it while sitting around and eating something. Normally we don't get this much time off and our comeback is coming up soon too. Jooheon thought it was time for some relaxation so he put it on. 

"Hey look! They're announcing a new girl group!" Minhyuk says and I tune in to see too. Apparently Pledis entertainment is finally coming up with a girl group. Good for them. 

"I wonder if the girls are cute", I.M. says with a sheepish look on his face. He may be the youngest, but he has the dirtiest mind you could ever imagine. 

"Shhhh, it's about to begin!" Jooheon shushes us all while looking at the screen. For some reason they all are. I join in, maybe they're cute? 

The girls step out on stage and they really are cute. There's 7 of them, like there are 7 of us. Cute. They look a bit out of place except of one person. She looks like she's been doing this all along, like she was meant to do it. As I look closer she kind of looks familiar to me. She's the member who has the least clothes on too, to show off her legs that go on for days apparently. 

One by one they say their name and what their position will be in the new band. Which is called H&K, short for Hugs and Kissed. Again: cute. The last one is always the leader, the girl with the legs for days. 

"Hello, I'm Kim SeolHyun! The leader of H&K! I hope you will support us through our debut!" She flashes the crowd a big smile while my mouth drops open. 

Little SeolHyun, my little SeolHyun is on tv. And she is the leader of a new girl group. Not to mention I was fawning over her just a few seconds ago. How in the name of hell did this happen? Last time I ever saw her was 5 years ago when I left home. The last time we spoke was 3 years ago when I stopped checking my phone because of being too busy. I never even checker her messages and kind of feel guilty now. She stopped sending me them or calling me 3 years ago and I figured she was alright without me in the end. 

This is the first time I'm texting her in over 3 years. I still have her number because I just couldn't bring myself to erase it back then. Not even now. I just hope she will answer of hasn't changed her number in the course of the years. Which she probably hasn't, knowing her. 

"Didn't we meet them at that rookie shoot?" Shownu sits down beside Jooheon. 

"Yeah like a year ago. I thought they were pretty cute back then. I even talked to that SeolHyun girl", Jooheon smiles back at the memory and I'm shocked. Did we really meet them? Did I really not see her? How is this possible. 

I've been texting her for a while now, getting her to meet up with me. From reading what she said I can make up she is still pissed at me for never getting back to her. I still don't know why I never did. I guess it reminded me too much of what my life used to be like. In the end she agrees to meet me tonight, finally a chance to redeem myself. 

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Kihyun asks me while poking my arm. 

"Nothing", I put my phone away and squint my eyes at the boy. "Seriously.." 

"Fine, don't tell me then", he throws his hands up and continues to talk to I.M. who is still hung up on one of the girls in the group. I didn't catch her name since SeolHyun caught me attention. 

Hyungwon and Minhyuk are playing a little game while Shownu and Jooheon talk about the girls too. It annoys me that Jooheon actually talked to her and I didn't even see her. 

Later that evening 

SeolHyun's POV 

The move from dorm to dorm wasn't that hard. The other girls were still training while we packed up. We wouldn't be seeing them today. It's kind of sad to say goodbye to the place that has been your home for the past 3 years. It's even harder than leaving my hometown which wasn't even a home at all. 

"Bye dorms", YeonA whispers while having a sad look in her eyes. 

I shake my head and close the door behind us. MiNa is right beside me, holding one of my hands while we walk out. 

"It's finally our time to shine", she tells me while we get into the car. Next to me, MiNa has been here the longest. She's been here for two and a half years. She knew the former trainees too and it's been hard on her ever since they left. She's a year younger than me and her time was running out as well. The rest of our group is 17, so they still have some time left. But if we weren't picked for this group, our dream would've been over.

"Are you going to miss them?" I ask MiNa who nods her head. 

"They were are little family", she admits and I nod too. 

"Yes they were, I wonder who will take over now?" A sigh escapes my lips. 

"Maybe JiMin will finally step up to the plate!" MiNa jokes. JiMin is the most disorganised person you'll ever meet, but she cares about people a lot. That's her best trait. We always laughed with how careless she was, but I guess we won't be able to do that now anymore. 

JiHee is still a little depressed, but she's getting out of her slump a little too. Ever since the shoot and press conference she's been blooming a bit more. I guess it's finally hitting her that we'll be doing this for real. Our recordings went well too, the song is catchy and up beat. I like it. 

The one thing going through my mind at the moment is Wonho. I've started calling him that and even changed his name in my phone since that person isn't really Hoseok anymore. Wonho is going to meet me tonight, it's going to be weird for sure. I want to see him, so bad, but I don't want to see him at the same time. He hurt my feelings by never calling or texting me back. 

2 new text messages 

Wonho: 

What time are we meeting tonight? 

Me: 
At around midnight I should be able to make some time. 

read: 8:43 pm 

Wonho: 
Great! Can't wait to see you! 

He has literally lost his mind, there is no other explanation for this. How can he ignore me for so long and now he can't wait to see me? He's had my number for 3 whole years. Why did he never get back to me. Jerk. 

MiNa senses my uneasiness but let's it slide. She knows I'll be under a lot of stress starting tomorrow. This is my last bit of freedom before we have to really start. 

Midnight approaches way faster that I would've liked. I tell the girls I'm going for a stroll around the neighbourhood to get a feel of it. They let me go without asking any kind of questions. The walk takes me about 10 minutes, we're way closer to the building than before. The other forms are like 25 minutes away. I like it. This way I can use more of my time for practice. 

The fountain is beautiful at night when no one is around. Most people are always taking pictures and clouding it by standing in front of it. I don't like it one bit. The loneliness of it now speaks to me. It speaks to the loneliness I've felt for all of these years. Of course MiNa has been there for me, but she can't replace the family I never had or will ever have. 

I sit down on the side of the fountain, waiting for Wonho to finally show up. He's a minute late, but I can tell it's him from the way he walks. He still has the same flair to it as he used to. Some things never change, so they? He is wearing sunglasses even though the sun has already gone down a good 2 hours. Dork. Who does he think he is? 

"SeolHyun!" He says loudly while approaching. His voice has grown a lot deeper than it used to be. 

"Wonho", I say, deliberately saying his stage name. 

He doesn't seem to notice while he comes closer and tries to hug me. I step aside without a warning, making him do an awkward tumble. But he stays up gracefully. 

"You really grew up, didn't you?" He sighs while taking me in. 

"We all do at some point", my replies are short. 

"So when did you get to Seoul?" He sits down on the side of the fountain. 

"About 3 years ago", I comment and sit beside him. 

"Are your parents here with you?" He whispers, knowing this is a sore subject. 

"Of course not, I haven't spoken to them in 3 whole years", I scoff and he looks at me with big eyes. 

"Still the same huh?" He sighs. 

"As if you would know", my voice is barely a whisper while he looks up. 

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" 

"That you never returned any of my calls or texts. I needed you back then, you have no idea what I went through, all by myself. I literally had no one to talk to anymore." 

His eyes get very serious as he leans in. "I'm so, so sorry for never answering you. But everything got so hectic and you know.." His excuses are lame as . 

"Oh please. You're about to make a comeback but you have time to text me and even meet me.. It's way busier now than you were back then", I say while getting up. 

"Are you alright?" He catches my wrist and spins me around. His eyes are dead serious and concerned. 

"You lost the right to ask me then when you never even listened to my voicemails or when you didn't pick up my calls or when you didn't read my texts", tears are pricking at the back of my eyes. Stupid feelings, always getting in the way. I free myself from his grip and walk z few feet away from him. 

"I never meant it to be like this", he whispers while I hear him standing up too. 

"Whatever. It happened." 

"Why did you ever come to Seoul?" He asks me in the end. 

"To find something. But I found something else instead", I turn around and dare look at him again. Like hell I'm going to tell him about coming to look for him. He will not have the satisfaction of knowing that. Never. He just sighs and sits back down. 

"I always imagined you being the top of your class and living out a normal life. Not this.." He motions around him.

"So this life is good enough for you, but not for me?" He's being a hypocrite. 

"I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that you are so smart and you can do anything. Why would you ever do something like this?" 

"Because being smart never got me anywhere, this did," my voice is a sneer towards him and he winces from the sharpness of it. 

"You're really pissed at me, aren't you?"

"Good job at stating the obvious, Sherlock", I roll my eyes and start walking away. "I guess I'll see you soon. It's time for me to go to bed." 

I hear him protesting but I'm already gone too far to hear it. He can't have it his way, I won't let him.