Prologue

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

Life has always been difficult, in a million kind of ways. But when the chance at change comes, you need to grab it with your two hands and never let go. At least that's what I always thought when I was little. 

The only person who actually mattered to me was a boy. A single boy who lived next door. We went to school together and basically did everything together. People called us twins because we wouldn't let go of each other. He was my protector, the one I ran to whenever things got bad. And they often did. He was a couple years older than me, but he didn't care. He acted like the older brother I never had, the one I needed so badly. 

"Come here, Seol, it's going to be alright", he would whisper into my ear while holding me. He'd cover my ears so I wouldn't hear all the bad things. His voice soothed me and always calmed me down when I was at my worst. When they were at their worst. 

One fine day we were walking down the main street of where we lived. There was lots to see during the holidays. That was also the day he was taken from me. They scouted him on the streets and asked if he'd want to join their label. He had never wanted to do anything more than sing and dance in front of people. That was the only thing on his mind, next to me. 

"Will you be okay while I'm gone?" he asked me the night before he had to leave his home for Seoul. 

"I will try. Can I call you whenever it gets though?" I asked him with tears in my eyes. I was 14 years old at the time. 

"Of course, I'll always be here for you", he reassured me by patting on my head. I would always just be the little sister. 

The day he left was one of the worst days in my life. My lifeline and best friend were gone all at once. We did call once in a while until he got really busy with training. He didn't pick up his phone half of the time and things were not getting any better for me. The first year was the hardest. But I learned how to live without him. 

One day I traveled to Seoul to actually look for him. Things had gotten worse, they were about to crush me and he didn't pick up his phone. I bought a ticket with all the money I had and packed up some stuff to go. No one even noticed me being gone. I never thought Seoul was this big of a city, but it was. Finding him was harder than I'd ever imagined. People were looking at the 16 year old girl that was wandering the streets with a full backpack. Suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. She was older than me and looked very friendly. 

"I'm sorry, but you're a very beautiful girl", she told me and I smiled a little shyly. No one ever called me that. "I'm a scout for Pledis Entertainment and I'm looking for girls for this new group. Would you be interested in performing something for us?" 

"M-m-me?" I stumbled over my words. 

"Yes, here is my card. But you could come right now if you have the time? They're holding auditions", I went with her. She wasn't lying, there were a lot of people there. They all looked beautiful to me. I was allowed to cut the line and go in before anyone else. 

"I picked her up on the streets, she's very beautiful, no?" she asked her bosses and they smiled at me. 

"What is your name and age?" one of the men asked me. 

"Kim Seolhyun, 16", I mumbled and they smiled. 

"Can you sing or dance? Preferably both?" another asked while nodding. 

"I can dance. I'm in a dance school at home..." I stated and he was happy. "I can try to sing?" 

The woman from earlier pushed a microphone into my hands. The only song that came to mind was Eyes, Nose, Lips by Taeyang. I started singing and they all nodded. After I was done they clapped. 

"That was very good", the one at the corner told me. "Now for the dance..." 

I plugged in my iPod and put on a song we always rehearsed to back at home. It was one of my personal favorites: SHINee's Lucifer. I started out the original choreo and in the end I switched back to the one we always used at home. The dance didn't last all too long. They clapped again. 

"What would you think about joining?" 

"I would like that", I nodded. 

"We should call your parents", they said and I gave them their number. They wouldn't care about me being here at all, I was the source of all their problems anyways. They gave their consent without hesitating as I expected. And that was how I was recruited into this new life of hardships. 

If only I could talk to Hoseok. I read somewhere he went by the name 'Wonho' now.