Chapter 10

With and Without Oh Sehun

If you asked me what we learned in class today then I'll most likely tell you that I have no idea because my mind was too focused on the situation that happened this morning. I don't understand why my leg was still nervously shaking up and down. I guess I was just scared that it wasn't going to end there and they could possibly bump into each other again since we are in the same class afterall. However, nothing fortunately happened during class since Yoongi never showed up and Chanyeol and his crew kept to themselves instead of spilling it to the whole class, which I don't understand why they would in the first place. They must have updated Sehun about what happened though because he didn't look too happy either since it deals with his friends or because he missed out on it. 

Anyways, I was just thankful that it was lunch again. I was walking without really processing where I was going. I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened this morning, and came to think about Chanyeol who stood up for me, not to mention that he also tried to stop me from bumping into Yoongi in which I still did. But still, was I just passing my hate for Sehun along to Chanyeol just because they were friends? What if Chanyeol didn't mean to purposely ask that question out loud to Sehun at the bus stop last week? What if it was just part of their "boys' talk" and he didn't know I was there? Was I just overthinking it? There's a chance that I was because of how sensitive I have been lately and could just be taking things the wrong way.

With the guilt now getting to me, I began to head towards the place that I never thought I would be going near ever since Sehun and I broke up and school started. I peeked my head inside and saw that it was filled with countless people and gibberish conversations. My heart was starting to beat fast just because of how nervous I was to be here again in a place that I have not been to for months. It was a place where Sehun and I used to always hangout and enjoy our lunch together along with the others if we weren't hanging out by ourselves outside. 

Suddenly, I flinched in shock and let out a small shriek when I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder. "Nice! So you finally came afterall."

The excitement and grin on his face made me wonder if he was the same person from this morning who was angered by Yoongi's words. I then realized that I have never seen Chanyeol so serious before besides volleyball practice, but even so, he's never been so serious before like this morning. 

"Let's go sit." He then pushed me towards the table on the complete opposite side of the cafeteria where he and his friends hangout, which was also the same exact table I used to sit at before also. "Yo! Look at who's joining us again today!" he yelled when we reached the table. Really Chanyeol. It's really not necessary to-

My footsteps stopped and it was as if my heart dropped when my eyes laid upon the person who was the reason why I never wanted to come in here in the first place. His eyes were staring right back at me as his hand stopped feeding himself. He must have been more shocked to see me here than I was to see him, although in all fairness, I had already expected to see him while he had no idea that I was going to show up.

"Sit down sit down," Chanyeol insisted as he pushed me down to sit before taking a seat across from me and next to Sehun.

"Yooooo Areum!" Baekhyun called from the opposite side of the table. I let out a small smile because as annoyed as I was of Baekhyun that one time, I kind of missed his quirky personality that used to always make me laugh hysterically. 

However, I felt a heavy burden on my shoulder when I saw through the corner of my eyes that Sehun was asking Chanyeol why he brought me here. It didn't even seem like Chanyeol was trying to hide it when he responded rather loudly that Sehun shouldn't overreact since I was just hanging out with them again like the old times. Still, Sehun didn't seem too please or happy to be sitting and eating his lunch at the same table as his ex-girlfriend, but I couldn't blame him. I wasn't all too comfortable to be here also. 

Just then, my ears twitched and the anxiety took over my body again when I heard familiar chuckles that came to a stop. I kept my face looking straight as if I didn't notice their presence when in fact I did and was ready to run out any moment now because of how uncomfortable and out of place I felt. 

"What is she doing here?" Ouch.

"Calm down Irene. She's just having lunch with us today," Chanyeol said.

But I could tell that Irene wasn't too happy just like her boyfriend, and seemed rather pissed that I was here. I nervously gulped and tilted my head down in order to prevent the others from seeing my trembling eyes. A small feeling of relief filled me when Irene along with her army took a seat, although their mumbling continued under their breaths. I also knew that they rolled their eyes and shot me dirty looks while sitting down. I began to debate if coming here was such a smart choice afterall. I should have thought this through more such as how awkward and misplaced I was going to feel when my ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend along with her army are unable to properly enjoy their lunch because of me.

Coming to a conclusion that I still had a long way to go until lunch would end, and I probably would die out of suffocation and awkwardness before then, I stood up from my seat. "Sorry Chanyeol but I have to go. I forgot I had something to do with Kyungsoo." That sounded pretty reasonable and legit... Hopefully. "I'll see you guys in class." I then left before Chanyeol or any of the others could oppose and before Irene could spit out some venomous words. 

When I safely made it out of the cafeteria in one piece and with my soul, I decided to head down to the basement since I was tired of locking myself in the restroom or staying in front of my locker. I wanted a place that I can hide myself in and just calm myself down where I wouldn't feel too trapped. 

I peeked my head around the corner before making my way down the hallways to find the room that I was in last time before getting caught by Kyungsoo. And before I knew it, I reached the end of the hallway where I found the room that I was in last time- Room 12. Wasting no more time, I quickly stormed inside and shut the door before heaving out a breath of relief as if I was running away from some murderer or something when I wasn't even running away from anyone at all, unless the spirit of Kyungsoo counted. 

I then collapsed into the chair from last time and leaned back on to it, and for the first time today, I felt calm and at ease. I was alone again for once where I didn't have to worry about anything around me or being judged. I don't know if it was because of my breakup with Sehun where I have become more antisocial, or was I always like this? Regardless, I took this alone time as a chance to close my tired eyes and rest myself before lunch ends. 

But suddenly, not even 10 seconds after I closed my eyes did my ears twitch to the sound of a rustling noise. No no. It was probably just the air from the air vent that caused some of the papers on the table to move. However, my doubt increased and my heart started to beat fast when I heard yet another rustling noise... That wasn't coming from the papers, but rather something else that was getting louder and.... Closer

And before I knew it, I saw a bright light shine through my closed eyes and for a moment I wondered if I was dying. Of course not you stupid idiot. Realizing that the bright light was now flashing right in front of my eyes along with a small wind brushing against my face that had a faint cigarette smell, I quickly opened my eyes. 

I let out a loud squeal and almost had a heart attack when my eyes adjusted to the light being flashed and saw an evil and wicked and monstrous face behind the light... Okay, maybe there's a small chance that I might have exagerrated that part. But still, the mention of almost having a heart attack was not an exaggeration when I saw his eyebrows cocked up while giving me a confused look of what I was doing here. I came to this room for some alone time where I could be comfortable and calm, only to lead myself into a trap where I was now face to face and no more than a few feet away from Satan! 

"Can you scream any louder?" Yoongi scorned as he plugged the pinky of his non-occupied hand into his ear with a bitter face. Well to be fair, I was kind of loud with that squeal, but it's not my fault! 

But before I could retaliate back and throw a contemptuous question at him like how he does to me, I was interrupted by a faint yet strong sound of what seemed like footsteps.

"Great." Damn. I'm sorry. Yoongi shut off the light to his phone and quickly backed away and swiftly hid himself next to the bookshelf that was behind us. And just like the dumb and slow person that I am, I continued to stare at him, wondering what the heck he was doing. "Come here idiot," he whispered with a harsh tone. The thought then clicked in my head that he was hiding himself before the owner to the footsteps could walk in and find us in here where we're not supposed to be. 

I quickly stood up from my seat, and with a collision between my leg and the legs of the chair, I made yet another foolish mistake before placing myself next to Satan which was odd and funny in a way because I never thought I would be standing this close to him for any reason. And with how scared I was of him even more now because of my mistake, I was seriously considering of just running out like a maniac because I would rather get detention than possibly never get to say that word ever again. 

Suddenly, I inhaled a gasp when the door knob turned and opened, and footsteps entered the room. The dark room was now covered with dimmed lights from the hallway and a shadow could be seen. I covered my mouth and closed my eyes tightly while trying to not let out a squeal or breath, acting as if I was in some type of horror movie. Meanwhile, Yoongi was staring at me with a weirded out look and wondering what the heck I was doing, but I couldn't help it! I have never been in a type of situation like this before, considering that I would have just revealed myself to the person instead of trying to hide. 

And before I knew it, there was yet another gleam of bright light shining right at me... Or us. 

"What are you guys doing here?" asked the low and thick voice.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. Meanwhile, I was ready to collapse onto my knees and grab Kyungsoo's legs and beg for mercy and forgiveness because I really didn't want to experience the hell of how detention was like, especially since I was going to now be stuck with Satan. 

"Areum. What did I say about staying in here-" But suddenly, the serious look in his eyes changed as he shifted his eyes back and forth between Yoongi and I. "Were you two... Doing couple things in here...?" Couple things... Wait, what?! 

"What?!" Yoongi and I both shouted, probably the only time that we will ever be in unison. Yoongi let out a scoff of disbelief as he his tongue around his mouth, unable to believe that Kyungsoo would assume such a thing between the both of us. But wait! I'm in disbelief just as much as he is too! Why would I be having some makeout session or other "couple things" with someone like Yoongi? I don't even want to be anywhere near him, let alone touch him! 

"Of course not!" I quickly defended.  Kyungsoo you ert. 

"Then what are you both doing in here?" Kyungsoo continued. 

"We were just hanging out in here, but it's not like we meant to be in the same room. I didn't know he was going to be in here-" I then stopped when I realized that I was talking a little too much. Meanwhile, Yoongi let out another sigh and continued to remain silent. "But please let us go this once," I begged as I grabbed his arm desperately. 

Kyungsoo took a moment to think to himself as he scratched the back of his head, as if he was actually considering about what I said. With a deep breath and hesitation, "I have something else that you both can do in replace of detention." 

My eyes lit up in admiration and joy and happiness and I was ready to storm at Kyungsoo and hug him tightly for always letting me off the hook. And when I thought about it, he looked pretty cool and even handsome with the way he remained so serious yet lenient when doing his job.... Or so I thought. 

"Instead of detention, you both have to attend the tutoring session after school starting from today." 

Hold up hold up hold up. We're back at his tutoring thing again? Kyungsoo really believes that I'll tutor Yoongi where I have to talk and interact with him rather than just sitting down in a room where we don't even have to look at each other? And I guess Kyungsoo saw this thought through the confused look on my face. 

"You know that it's going to be two detention for you and calling your parents right?" A sense of disbelief and betrayal filled me when I saw that Kyungsoo was throwing the first detention that I was able to avoid right back at me. But in a way I guess he has every right to since I never actually tutored Yoongi who never showed up. He then turned to look at Yoongi which I noticed was the first time, but unlike everybody else who was typically hesitant and afraid to stare at Yoongi, Kyungsoo was different. "And you know that you only have 3 strikes before you are sent back, right?" 

3 strikes? I turned to look at Yoongi and was filled with a sense of shock and total disbelief when I saw his expression. He was moving his lips around in a distinct motion, as if he wanted to curse at Kyungsoo but was unable to in which was shocking because that wasn't like him. He then let out a sigh which confused me because it wasn't meant to show his annoyance. It was rather another one, or at least from my understanding, that shows he has no choice but to back down and listen to Kyungsoo as much as he wanted to just storm out without a care about the consequences. And throughout all the years that I've known Yoongi, it was my first time seeing him look so defeated and helpless where he was unable to do anything back. 

Sure he was still angry and upset as shown through his deep breathing and face expression, but there was something about this "3 strikes" that was causing him to remain silent for once. Just what was it?

 

~End of Chapter 10~