Chapter 8

With and Without Oh Sehun

**Consists of some very very very little mature content. Not so much though**



For the first time in what seemed like forever, the classroom was filled with silence and nobody was glaring at me. Instead everybody was keeping their heads down or gazing around the room because of course, you had to do this if you still wanted to live. It just seemed as if everybody was uncomfortable and being held back, which was something that I was still trying to decide if I liked or not. Meanwhile, my living nightmare was standing at the front of the room with his sharp eyes peering around the room with intimidation. 

"I'm sure you all should remember him from your previous school years, but go ahead and introduce yourself just in case they don't." It even seemed like Mrs. Lee was nervous when she turned to look at him and was staring at his pale forehead instead of eyes. 

But instead of a word of introduction, Yoongi let out an annoyed sigh while rolling his tongue around along the tips of his teeth as his sharp eyes pierced around the room. His eyes were like those of Medusa's where you had to avoid or else face the consequences of turning into stone. Yet at the same time, I wondered if it was a chance worth to take because at least I wouldn't have to live in fear. But unlike everyone else, I must have been the only one without a brain because I was still staring at him for some reason without even realizing it. But lucky enough, as if the world was finally on my side for once, our eyes did not meet. I then quickly shifted my eyes to look elsewhere... Only to have my luck turn on me again and look straight at Sehun. Great. 

But instead of quickly turning to look the other way, I could not help but notice something odd about him. Unlike everybody else including me who was avoiding eye contact with Satan, Sehun was still looking at him... Or perhaps glaring would be a better way to describe it. A sudden realization then hit me when I remembered that those two never got along, and the serious expression on Sehun's face shows it all. I then felt a chill run through my body when I saw the cold look in his eyes, as if he could snap at any given second now and commit a wicked crime. 

"Which one is my seat?" Yoongi grumbled.

I snapped out from my thought and turned back to look at Yoongi, only to remember that I was supposed to be avoiding his eyes in the first place. I then turned to look at the window since it was the only area that I could look at where nobody was in my sight. 

"That one right there," Mrs. Lee said as she quickly pointed. And that's when I realized that I have never seen my own teacher look so small in front of a student or anybody before. She must have felt the same way as everybody else and wanted to hide in a corner when she learned of his returning and that she was going to be his homeroom teacher. 

I continued to stare out the window and held my breath in, just because I thought he would trample me or anyone if he heard us breathing. I began to frantically shake my legs up and down while trying to find a sign that would tell me that he had taken his assigned seat and the center of attention was no longer on him. Hurry up Min Yoongi. Let me breathe! I began to turn tomato red as my body began to rise with the urge to breathe, but I wouldn't allow it to. It's either I faint and wake up again or possibly never see another day of light. 

But suddenly, it was as if my stomach turned upside down and my soul abandoned me for its own safety. No no. I probably just heard wrong. There's no need to worry Han Areum. However, the last time I tried to convince myself that I didn't need to worry (which was this morning), I was wrong. My instinct was starting to kick in and telling me to run away and fleed for my life when I heard the chair next to me slide roughly against the floor. My heart was starting to beat faster than ever when I felt a slight breeze of wind coming from someone collapsing into the chair while exhaling a deep breath. And through the corner of my eyes I saw that the empty chair was now replaced by a black figure that had pale whiteness towards the top. 

I closed my eyes and bit down on my lips as hard as possible as I tried to wake myself up from his nightmare, but instead, I got something else that only confirmed that it was all true.

"What are you sick or something?"

I slightly jumped in my seat when I failed to be invisible to Satan. I then sat up properly in my seat to his liking, although I don't know why I was doing this. For my own safety and life I guess. And don't mistaken his question as caring and warmhearted because it was meant in a sarcastic and comtemptuous way to make me feel stupid and vacuous and dumb. When I confirmed that his attention was no longer on me, I let out a small breath of relief just because I thought I deserved it for managing to stay alive.

For the remainder of the class, I could feel my body rising in temperature as I tried my best to not breathe or do anything that could possibly trigger Satan. I didn't move, swallow, blink, write, and so forth, all just because I thought my life was a little too precious to give it away yet. But it was just my luck that time seemed to be playing around with me because of how slow it was passing by. I was getting a very unpleasant and obnoxious aura that I couldn't bare with from my new partner. I was ready to run out any second now because of how uncomfortable I was, and for some reason I thought that people wouldn't make fun of me because they'd do the same in my shoes. 

After a horrible and uneasy day of school, I never knew that I would look forward to the after school tutoring program so much. But I guess I preferred anything as long as it kept me away from the 3 people who I now have to avoid and worry about- Oh Sehun, Bae Irene, and Min Yoongi. The world was out to get me after all. 

I was now waiting alone in some room in the Academics Building, finally feeling a sense of calmness and ease that I was dying for. But for some reason, I could not stop thinking about the look in Sehun's eyes when he was staring at Yoongi. I guess Yoongi must have been gone for a while, although it wasn't particularly that long, that I almost forgot it was best for those two to not be anywhere near each other. Let's just say that it all started back in my sophomore (2nd year of high school) year where I was pushed roughly to the ground by Satan and my now ex-boyfriend wasn't too happy about it. 

Just then, I nearly flew off from my seat when I heard footsteps enter the room and a low and calm voice greet me. 

"You're still alone?"

What kind of question is that? "Yeah, for about 20 minutes now."

A sigh came out from the class president and it wasn't a normal one but rather one that confused me a bit. It was as if he already saw this coming and hadn't expected any more. Meanwhile, I just want to know who this bastard is that I'm tutoring so I can give him or her a good smacking to the head for wasting my time like this. Do they not know that I have a life (not really)?! 

But why is he making such a big deal out of this? "Who's this person that I'm supposed to tutor anyways?" 

"You... Still haven't figured out yet?"

Again, what's with the question? "Well would I be asking you right now if I knew?" There, threw the stupidity right back at him.

"You're not so smart after all."

Seriously?! I'm so close to ripping off this class president's head and I don't care if I go to prison for it-

"It's Yoongi. You know. The returning student." 

"...One of our student classmate is returning and I think you'll be a good suit for him."

Returning. Returning. Returning. Returning. Returning. 

I stood still with my eyes wide open and head taken aback as I tried to allow the words process through my head, and for a moment I forgot where I was or who I was when everything started to slowly hit me. An echo of "oh" was going through my head for a moment when I finally grasped that the returning part was none other than the returning Yoongi where I've stated several times in my head that he has returned.

I then slowly dropped my head and met with my hands when the thought finally occurred to me that I should have been smart enough to figure this out ever since my encounter with Satan this morning. And for a moment I just wanted to grab my hair and pull it all out because I was stupid after all like Kyungsoo said. 

My foot was dragging onto the cement floor and I wasn't sure if I left my soul back at school, or maybe more like my soul never came back to me. I've been filled with so many emotions for the last few days that I didn't think there were any left in me, or maybe again, they must have been drowning right now in Kyungsoo's ears. And it'd be too long of a story if I had to tell you about what I did after I realized that I was supposed to tutor Yoongi, who thankfully did not show up. But it's not like he was going to anyways and Kyungsoo was the stupid one to think he was and for wasting my time like this. 

Before I knew it, I arrived at the bus stop just a few minutes early, realizing that I spent longer than I expected at raging on Mr. Class President. But again, he deserved it even though it was kind of my own fault too. 

I then took out the earphones from my backpack and plugged it into my phone before plugging it into my ears. I just needed something to drown out all the other noises. Maybe some music could help me relax and find peace within myself. I began to scroll down my music list when I suddenly hear faint laughing and talking that was starting to get closer and louder. My thumb stopped moving and I stayed still and quiet to check if I was hearing correctly, and for a moment my anxious heart must have stopped too in order to get a better hearing. 

My eyes opened wide and my heart continued its fast beating pace when I confirmed that the familiar voices were indeed who I thought it was. I began to move my eyes around frantically in hopes of finding a place to hide myself, but there was no where to hide unless I was desperate enough to hide behind one of the bushes not too far behind me. But if it came down to it then I just might.

However, before I could even move a finger or think another thought, the owners to the familiar voices were now just a few feet away from me. Why were they here?! I thought practice usually didn't end until another hour or so! Or at least from what I remembered... I kept my head and body still while grasping on tightly to my phone, hoping that they wouldn't care to look towards my direction. But needless to say, the world was once again doing its job at making my life miserable.

I could sense a sudden halt in Chanyeol's steps before he cleared his throat. Sh*t. He noticed me. "Yo Sehun. How did you like that party on Friday?" He asked out loud when it really wasn't needed. 

But it didn't seem like my ex-boyfriend noticed me yet, so I was still in some luck here. "What are you saying," he brushed off with a small chuckle.

"How did you like that from Irene?" 

Lap... Dance? My eyes began to quiver as I could feel tears making its way into my eyes. My heart beating fast with heaviness as if someone was holding it down. Why was Chanyeol doing this to me? Didn't we used to be good friends who used to always gang up to mess with Sehun or talk about the randomest things that could go on for hours that only we would understand? 

"Didn't you guys disappear for like half an hour after that too?" Jongin joined- another volleyball player and friend of Sehun's. Everybody was now cheering out loud with an "ouhhh" as some patted Sehun proudly on the back while one even jumped with excitement. 

My hands began to frantically shake as I picked whatever song that my thumb could land on and turning the volume onto full blast after that. I closed my eyes and tried to remain calm while breathing out a few slow and deep breaths in order to stop my trembling lip and body. I was so hurt and filled with so much emotions at this point that the only thing that could help calm me down was this ear bleeding volume of music that was blocking everything else out. I knew that everybody was staring at me and judging me, but heck, when was I not being judged? 

My mind was now in a state of bewilderment because of the loud music and emotions and thoughts and words of Chanyeol and Jongin, and I didn't know what to do anymore. I just wanted to escape from here or stop time. I couldn't understand why the world was treating me like this. What did I do to deserve this? 

But suddenly, a sense of shock and confusion filled me when I felt the left side to my earphone be abruptly yanked out from my ears. I turned to look at whoever did this and was met with yet another sense of shock, but also with a sarcastic and contemptuous question. 

"Are you deaf?" His full set of Satan eyes glaring right at me. 

 

~End of Chapter 8~