Chapter 15

With and Without Oh Sehun

Something must have been wrong with me because for the first time I wanted to see the people that I have been trying to avoid for the past few weeks. My curiosity was getting the best of me and even driving me insane. Just what the heck happened last night? Why did they get into a fight? And to be more exact, why there of all places? I mean I hope it isn't odd for me to say, but I always thought that if they ever got into a fight then it would take place on school ground, or at least somewhere where high school students hangout at. 

But much to my disappointment that I'm yelling at myself to be grateful for, I didn't come across the two devils at my locker nor any one of the other troublemakers on my way to class. Were they not going to show up at all or what? But what the heck am I saying? This isn't none of my business. Why am I acting like I would find out what happen if they ever showed up? Sheeze Han Areum. 

I decided to head straight to the classroom instead of taking a detour to the restroom just because I figured that my morning would have some temporary peace that I have not had in what seemed like forever. I sat in my seat and saw how secretive people were being by whispering to their little group and paying no attention to me. Why would they anyways? However, I figured that they were talking about the situation from yesterday night since news seem to somehow spread around by itself. I'm sure some of Irene's friends have an idea about what happened, although I wondered why they didn't join the little troublemaking crew yesterday. 

Just then, the chattering in the room died down and my ears twitched to the sound of footsteps brushing against the tile floor and entering the room. I kept my face straight and eyes wide open because I honestly didn't expect them to be here, or at least not this early. Wouldn't you expect them to spend the whole morning meeting with school officials about the consequences and so forth? 

Unable to keep still and resist anymore, I slightly turned my head and saw the troublemakers taking their seat with serious or pissed off expressions. The bruises and scars on the boys' faces seemed to have worsen, and were highly visible. Meanwhile, I was surprised to see a slight change in the girls' appearances where it was obvious that they didn't get the chance to get their hair done or work on their makeup. But what was I expecting? Overall, they were all avoiding eye contact and breathing hard through their noses as some crossed their arms while leaning back in their chairs while others stared into space with their frightening eyes.

However, it didn't take long for my brain to drop everything and focus on the person who I was curious about the most. His hair was undone and possibly untouched once again as he sat in his seat and stared into space. His tie was nowhere to be found around his neck, and his collar shirt was not tucked in properly nor buttoned. I know that he should be the least of my concern right now since I have no reason to care or worry about him anymore, but I couldn't help but be bothered by this new person in front of me.

Oh Sehun getting into a fight? This just sounds so weird and off to say. He was never the type to physically fight unless it was really necessary, although in all fairness I shouldn't judge too quickly since I had no idea why they fought. But still, he knows how to control him and his emotions, so the idea of Sehun getting into an actual fight is just.... It doesn't sound right. 

Regardless, I kept on repeating to myself throughout the whole day to stop worrying about something that was not my business. I forced myself to focus and stay as far away as possible from the troublemakers despite my dying curiosity to know what happened. So who knows if the troublemakers were in some deep trouble, or if they were talking to each other as if nothing happened, or if they were rather keeping to themselves. 

After several torturous hours of school, I went straight home since there was no tutoring today. And oh yeah, it might be convenient to mention that Yoongi didn't show up to school. Why would I mention this? I don't know, just because you might also find it weird as I do that he didn't show up while the others did. Yet at the same time... Skipping school after causing trouble sounds just like Yoongi... So I shouldn't really be surprised in all honesty. I know that I sound judgmental, but hey it's the truth. I honestly wouldn't be surprised too if it turns out that it was Yoongi who caused the fight. Remember how much he overreacted that one time when I accidentally stepped on his heels that almost resulted in a clash between him and Chanyeol? Jeez. I'm happy that he made the right choice to stay home because I can't imagine the horror that I and the whole school would be in if he did come.

Anyways, moving on. I arrived home and grabbed a bite of the food that my mom was cooking up before heading up to my room to do my homework. As much as I just wanted to collapse into my bed and possibly drown my mind with curious thoughts about the situation and Sehun, I decided to make my time worth it with the stacks of homework. After a few hours of frying my brain, I decided to call it quits for the day and hit up the shower before going downstairs for dinner.

I could not help but awkwardly yet anxiously throw glances at my dad during dinner. I wanted to just blurt out and ask him about what happened, but that would seem too weird and I didn't want mom to get involved and throw me under the impression that I was involved. So I decided to wait until after dinner when the dishes and tables was clean, and my mom headed upstairs to take a shower before carefully approaching my dad who was sitting on the couch and enjoying a warm cup of coffee while overlooking paper works. 

I was debating in my head if I should really ask him. Again, was this really any of my business? But hey, who would it hurt if I just have with a small idea about what happened. I decided to proceed my steps as I kept my eyes locked on my dad to make sure that he would not disappear anywhere that would only lead my dying curiosity to grow. With just a few feet away from him, I forced air out from my throat and opened my mouth. 

"Hey dad."

"Oh hey sweetie. You need something?"

"No. I just wanted to know what you were doing."

He flipped the page. "Just looking through some paper work. Why?"

"Hmmmm, it's nothing."

It then went silent for a few seconds as the atmosphere was filled with awkwardness. Come on Han Areum. This is your chance. 

"Hey dad..."

"Hmmm?" He asked as his eyes remained on the papers.

Let's just get straight to it. "So... Whatever happened yesterday night?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know... With those high school kids yesterday night at the police station."

"What about them?"

Really dad? You really got to make this so complicated? "Well... What happened to them? Are they in trouble?"

"They got released with a warning only. We decided to let their parents handle their punishment."

That's all? 

"Why?"

"Oh nothing. I was just curious since they're my classmates." I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed. I was sure that there was more, but I didn't want to sound so desperate to ask and find out because it might just make me look suspicious. I also didn't want my dad to assume that this was all because of Sehun... Although I'd be lying again if I said that it wasn't. Thinking that there was nothing more to learn from my dad and I should leave him alone, I slightly turned to walk away but was stopped when my dad opened his mouth. Turns out there was more to learn after all. 

"Except that student with the funky looking hair."

Student with the funky looking hair...? 

"We decided to arrest him since he's a regular at the station with a record. We were tired of dealing with his crap."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion by my dad's odd choice of words. Who was he talking about in such a way? But suddenly, it then hit me. 

"You mean. Yoongi?"

"Yeah, him. Kid's always coming into the station for getting caught on stealing or starting fight and so forth. I honestly don't know how I still haven't remembered his name yet."

So that's why he didn't come to school today while the others did. 

"But wait... You can't arrest him if he did nothing wrong this time though." I can't believe that I'm actually trying to stand up for Satan. 

"Yes. We know that sweetie. He was arrested for starting the brawl and underage drinking. We were going to let him go, but he was getting aggressive when he kept on denying that he wasn't drinking, but it was obvious that he was. The whole station lurked with strong alcohol smell."

I took a moment to process about what happened, and for a moment I was relieved about what I heard. So Sehun wasn't the one who started the fight. Of course he wouldn't Han Areum. He's not like that. I know that I was sounding a little selfish to only care and worry about my ex-boyfriend, not to mention also stupid, but I couldn't help it. Of course it would be Min Yoongi who started it probably because he was drunk and out of his mind. That sounds more like him since he is a delinquent student after all. 

After having half of my curiosity answered and relieved, I decided to head to bed and relax. Although I wonder if finding out about all this information would only keep me up all night or allow me to sleep with ease. Regardless, at least I was sure about one thing. Oh Sehun was still the same person.


I got the news over the weekend from my mom that my surgery was scheduled to be in 2 and a half weeks, and that was when it really hit me. Just the thought of going under the knife of some sort... It just scared me. But hey, like I already stated. At least I'll be away from school and everyone else for a while. Maybe I'll be able to just rest in ease and get my life back on track during recovery... I hope.

When the weekend was finally gone and Monday was here again, I leaned my head on the bus window while staring outside at the many cars and people heading to work in the early morning. While doing so, I let out a small grin as I thought about what my dad told me on Friday night. Of course. I should have never doubted or questioned Sehun. Of course. No surprise that it started because of Yoongi. I then shook my head and even gave myself a small smack for worrying and thinking about Sehun so much when I no longer had any reason to. Come on Han Areum.

When I finally arrived at school, I peeked my head around the corner just to make sure that the two of them weren't anywhere in sight. Although I don't know why I was doing this because it seemed like Sehun and I were still on this whole schedule thing. As for Yoongi, I probably had a few more days until he returned to school so I should enjoy this peace while I can. It might be selfish of me to say, but I guess this whole fighting situation thing isn't so bad after all- No. Just stop it Han Areum.

I decided to head to the restroom not because I want to avoid going to class early, but because I actually really needed to use the restroom this time. I headed towards the secluded one on the opposite side of the school that I like to go to for privacy, although I don't know why when I could just use one near me, but I like being complicated you see. A small sense of relief filled me when I saw that the restroom was empty, primarily because of that encounter with Irene last time in here. I don't even want to imagine what the witch will start with me when she remembers and questions why I was there at the station that night.

Regardless, I decided to not test my luck and quickly proceeded to do my business before Irene or anyone else could show up. Maybe coming here was a mistake after all. If I really needed to use the restroom then I could have went to one near me, not one near the witch.

But before I could yell at myself any further and leave the stall, I flinched and nearly lost my breath when the restroom door swung hard open as if the SWAT team had just arrived after receiving a call about a terrorist attack. But intead of a SWAT team, you got a group of footsteps with chattering that turned the peaceful and quiet restroom into a festival. Great. Really? Out of all the restrooms, you just had to pick this one-

"I haven't been able to do my hair lately and it's annoying the heck out of me."

Irene? Of course. Girl probably hasn't been able to look her best since that night. So unlikely of her though.

"That's what happens when you go out and can't control your boyfriend. It's because of him and his stupid friends that you're like this now," said Seulgi.

"Shut up," Irene hissed. "How do you expect me to control a bunch of drunk freaks?"

I refused to move an inch or even breathe because of this sudden conversation that I have no part of, but have just suddenly happen to hear. As much as I wanted to just come out from the stall and leave immediately before they somehow catch me listening to their conversation, I had no guts to. But wait, where exactly is this conversation leading to? Drunk freaks? Control them? It's because of them that she's like this now?

"I did try to stop him but he wouldn't listen. Plus, stupid Chanyeol was screaming at the top of his lungs like a ing maniac so I couldn't talk properly."

"Well it was because of stupid Chanyeol that you guys got away wasn't it?"

"Shut the hell up Wendy. We got away because of him, but it was still his stupida*s that got us in trouble in the first place. Him and my boyfriend. They act like idiots when they're drunk I swear. Now my parents won't even trust me to go out or anything." Irene continued with anger and annoyance in her voice.

Meanwhile, I was still hiding in the stall while listening to a conversation that I wanted no part of. But this conversation that I wanted no part of was giving me a weird and unsettling feeling. So they were drunk...?

"Why didn't you guys just stay in the karaoke bar until they sobered up?" Seulgi asked.

The witch let out a groan, and it sounded like she was ready to give a smacking to her airhead friends. "For the millionth time, they kept on insisting that they wanted some fresh air and to smoke. But those idiots decided to go on and pick a fight instead."

"Just consider yourself lucky that they got into a fight with the delinquent kid at least. Who's going to listen to what he has to say? Just imagine if they picked a fight with someone else. It would have been harder to get away even with Chanyeol's connections." Wendy insisted.

I furrowed my eyebrows in complete confusion as I tried to process what I just heard from a conversation that I didn't mean to listen to. At least they got into a fight with the delinquent kid that nobody's going to listen to? You mean... Yoongi? They got away because of Chanyeol's connections? You're telling me, they were the ones who were drinking and started the fight but somehow got away because of Chanyeol's "connections"? In the end, Yoongi was the innoc-

I shook my head in disbelief because that thought just didn't make sense to me at all. None of this did. Nothing in the conversation matched up with what my dad told me the other night. I thought Yoongi was the one who started all of this, but the witch and her army's conversation is saying otherwise. But still, it doesn't make sense. It sounded more reasonable and believable when my dad told me that it was Yoongi who caused everything. That's just how Yoongi is and what he is known for. He is the delinquent student who is known for causing trouble after all, so if he really was the one who caused this then it was no big surprise.

However, I couldn't keep pushing this away when I was hearing the other side straight from Irene who was directly involved with what happened that night. So as much as I wanted to believe that Yoongi was the one in wrong here, I couldn't keep denying it anymore. Was I just denying this because of Sehun? The thought of him and Chanyeol drinking and starting the fight... It... I don't know. I'm just confused.

But before I could continue to further push this whole thought away, I suddenly came to remember that day from last week when I was broken to see a new image of Sehun that I have never seen before. The one where he didn't look too well or like himself, only for me to learn that he was hung over. It then clicked in my head that it was the same day where everything went down that night that resulted in me now hiding in the restroom stall while eavesdropping on this conversation. They did mention that day that they were going for a round 2 of drinking...

Suddenly, my heart nearly came to an absolute stop when I heard the restroom door shut. Sh*t. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I completely forgot about the witch and her army! I stood still with my eyes wide open as I allowed my ears to do its job of picking out sounds that would tell me if the restroom was clear or not. After a few seconds of dead silence with my heartbeat probably being the loudest sound in the room, I carefully unlocked the stall door and slightly pulled it. I then looked at the mirrors across from me through the small crack, only to find an empty restroom with no sign of life anywhere.

I closed my eyes and heaved out a breath of relief when I confirmed that the witch and her army were no longer here. Did they not care that somebody was in the stall? Or did they simply not even care to notice at all? What would have happened if they did notice and even went as far to have me come out? What would they have done when they saw that it was me who overheard their conversation? Would they have even gone as far to get my ex-boyfriend involved in order to keep my mouth shut? But it's not like I was going to open my mouth anyways. I really wanted no part in this. I really didn't after learning the truth.

I decided to waste no more time because class was going to start soon and I didn't want to be late. I stepped out from the stall and began to wash my hands, and while doing so, I took a moment to stare at myself in the mirrors.

What are you going to do now that you know the truth Han Areum?

 

~End of Chapter 15~