Chapter 7

With and Without Oh Sehun

**He's finally here**



The first thing I did when I got home was lock myself in my room and hide under my blanket. I just felt like the world was out to get me and the only place where I felt safe at the moment was under my blanket where my vision was blocked from everything and I was covered. I just didn't know what to do with myself anymore by this point. Sure I was still embarrassed and angry about everything that happened today, but I was merely upset with myself. I was just allowing everybody to walk all over me and make a fool out of myself when I could instead be fighting back to clear up the misunderstandings. Yet again, I wasn't that type of person and don't think I ever will be and that's what I hated about myself.

After spending a few hours of doing nothing but curling myself up in a ball in my room, I was forced to come down for dinner since my mom was getting tired of the fact that I've been skipping my meals that's caused me to lose quite some weight. I guess I needed something to keep my mind distracted whether it be forcing myself to eat my mom's horrible cooking and telling her that it was delicious or carrying on a conversation. 

"I won't be coming home early for now on," I mumbled with a monotonous voice as I stared at my food. My mom smacked my hand while scolding me to stop playing around with my food because there was starving kids in the world who had nothing to eat. 

"Why not?" my dad asked as he took a bite of his broccoli before spitting it out onto his plate. So that's where I got my hate from vegetables from. 

"I'm part of the tutoring program now."

"That's great honey!" No mom. It really isn't. "It can keep you distracted from you know... Him." I brought my eyes to look at my mom in shock and I could see my dad do the same at the corner of my eyes. I didn't think she had the guts to mention him, yet at the same time, I guess it was true in a bitter way. One half of me was disappointed that my parents were not going against this tutoring idea yet again there was no reason to. It was like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I was helping out other students with school and keeping myself distracted from everything, particularly Se-Devil. 

I then decided to head off to bed after taking a shower and finishing up the last of my homework. I was kind of sad and disappointed with the fact that I would have to come home to my bed of comfort 2 hours later than usual starting tomorrow. But there was nothing I could do since I couldn't back out on Kyungsoo now. 

My eyes felt weighted down and I could barely open them, but it was impossible to fall asleep with how active and alive my brain was with the repetitive thoughts of today's happenings. I couldn't stop thinking about how cornered and small I felt when everybody was giving me the dirtiest look and spitting the meanest words about me. My hand also felt like reaching out in a socking motion whenever Sehun's face appeared in my mind and all I could see was him sitting down in his seat and watching everything happen. And don't even get me started on what I wanted to do when I thought of his pesky girlfriend. 

The next morning I woke up with bags under my eyes that could barely be opened. I was stumbling every step or two because of how unfocused and tired I was for falling asleep so late last night. Don't you just hate it when you're wide awake at night but barely living the next morning?

And here we go again with the dirty looks and glare that I was getting from people. I might as well just get used to this now and add it as part of my daily morning routine because it sure as heck doesn't look like people will mind their own business any time soon. School hasn't even officially started yet but I already wanted it to come to an end. I felt like crying and curling myself into a little ball when I was reminded with the fact that I was officially a tutor starting from today so I couldn't go home at the regular time. And the more I thought about it, I realized that my life was just going to be more miserable with this tutoring program because it meant I have to stay after school, and who else stays after school? You guessed it.

But fine I guess I'll just think of it as a way to repay Kyungsoo back. I was probably just exaggerating too. The chances that I'll see Sehun after school was highly unlikely since we were going to be on complete opposite sides of the school. There was no reason why the athletes would come to the academic building and there's no reason why someone like me would go to the gym (anymore). So basically I was just being a whining and lazy butthead. 

However, there was just one thing that sounded a little odd to me when I thought about Kyungsoo's words. Returning student? Why exactly do I have to tutor a returning student who sounds more than capable of catching up with school him or herself? I mean unless something happened like they got into a car accident or something or someone they knew passed away... But still. This "returning" part just sounded weird for some reason that I could not make out. But whatever. I'm sure this person I'm tutoring can't be that bad where he or she would make my life more miserable than I already was.

I've pretty much reached a new low point in my life and I don't think I could go any lower. My 3 year boyfriend dumped me so suddenly and by the looks of it, he's now having the time of his life while I'm the complete opposite. To make things even worst, he got himself a new girl not even long after we broke up and it just had to be the person that I completely hated with all my guts. The one who was hiding within the shadows and waiting for Sehun and I to break up in order to steal him away finally got her dream to come true. And as if that wasn't bad enough she's now using this to her advantage of ruining my life.

So now I got two things to deal with- my ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend. I then broke down like an idiot in front of the class and now his girlfriend embarrassed me too and made me look like some crazy and desperate ex-girlfriend who wanted her ex-boyfriend back. I now have this reputation that I've never had before because of a misunderstanding that I will never be able to clarify due to my timid personality. I'm now stuck tutoring some kid but I'm still trying to figure out if that falls into the category of miserable things in my life. I guess I'll find out soon but again, I'm sure he or she can't be that bad.

Suddenly, my footsteps came to a halt and it felt as I just got a punch to the stomach and could no longer breathe. My slow and faint breathing was starting to pick itself up when my blurry vision was able to confirm that this opened locker from afar was indeed next to mines. And for some reason before I could even realize it, my heart was beating faster than ever with denial and anxiety as I tried to convince myself that it wasn't who I thought it was. No no Areum. It's not who you think it is. This will just be too much of a coincidence when I said that my life could not get any more miserable. 

I slowly continued my footsteps forward and kept my eyes locked on the person who was going through his locker right next to mines. And yes, his, because I don't recall any girls who wears long and black uniform pants. 

I swallowed nervously and tried to open my locker with my trembling hands. Calm down Han Areum. It's not him. Someone else was probably just given his locker. And here we go again with the foolish and stupid me. I could have opened my locker by now if I just calmed myself down and focus my eyes on my locker combination instead of whoever this person was that was right next to me. But I couldn't help it because I was getting sudden flashbacks of thoughts that I just wanted out of my head right at this moment. My hands were flying all over the place and I was just ready to slap myself for acting like this. The last time I could recall feeling this anxious was because of well, him. All I wanted was to just quickly get out of here because of the very unpleasant aura that I was getting from this person which was starting to personally affect me. 

I tried to brush away my doubts and fear by reassuring myself that it was not him. There was no reason why he would return here. However, I only became more unconvinced and rather taken aback when I noticed the people passing by his locker who got a good look of his face (which I couldn't have because his locker door was in my way) were quickly filled with the same reaction and expressions as me. They looked alarm and whispered their quietest words to each other before quickly walking away as if they could be eaten alive if they didn't. And before I could even get myself together and breathe, I was interrupted by a loud and frightening bang that confirmed my doubts and nightmare. 

"What? You still haven't fixed your staring problems yet?" he scorned before slamming his locker shut and walking away.

I flinched away in complete shock and felt my heart almost jump out because of his sudden slamming, not to mention that I didn't expect him to close his locker so suddenly and look at me. I was caught off guard completely. Luckily enough I caught myself before I could fall back and land flat on my behind and make another fool of myself, but at the same time, I don't think anybody would be laughing in this situation. A realization occurred to me that for the first time I was seeing the backs of these people who used to always glare at me with their unsettling eyes, and it was because of him

I slid down my locker with my jaws dropped and mouth wide open in relief and shock and disbelief and everything else. I don't know man. I just don't know how to exactly describe this feeling. The person who I used to dread having my locker next to everyday. The person who once caused me to drop down onto my knees and beg to have my locker changed. The person who used to always make me feel small and uneasy and anxious and uncomfortable and scared all at the same time. The person who caused everyone to turn their backs in order to avoid eye contact because they were not ready to give up their life... He was now back again. 

And half of these things might lead you to think that I'm talking about Sehun but no. There was someone who came before him and caused me to feel like this before he did. Mind you that Sehun's locker is on my right side and this nightmare of mines was on my left. 

A choking exhale of misery came out from me when I realized that I have reached yet another turning low point in my life- having my locker right in between the two people who I just wanted to be the furthest away from. 

 

Oh Sehun.... And Min Yoongi. Even saying his name brought chills down to my bone. 

 

~End of Chapter 7~