Chapter 8: Dilemma

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 8: Dilemma

Siwon didn’t know why he had kissed her, but he did. It was soft but passionate and he hadn’t felt that way for anyone before. He was more confused than ever. When they broke apart, she looked at him really surprised.

“Yoona… I…” he tried to explain himself but couldn’t, words didn’t come out

“I…” Yoona tried to say something but she ran away from there. It was getting dark and it started to rain but she kept running.

“Yoona wait!” Siwon ran after her.

Perfect-he thought- I have just ruined our friendship. I’m a complete idiot

He was getting wet but he didn’t care. He just wanted to catch her and try to apologize for doing that.

…………………….

Yoona’s POV

Why did I run away? The boy I like kissed me and I ran away like that. Maybe he thinks that I don’t like him. But… why did he kiss me? Does he feel the same way as me?

I got tired of running and sat on a bench in front of the lake. I sighed. Yoona, you babo shouldn’t have ran away from him! You should have let him explain! Now it’s too late for regretting.

“You know you can catch a cold?” someone said and I recognized his voice. He had followed me. I didn’t want to face him, I was too scared to hear what he wanted to say. He had run all the way here and he was breathing hardly. “I’m sorry, Yoona. If you want, we can forget that all this happened”

His words hurt. Tears started to come out of my eyes and I couldn’t stop them. He wanted me to forget that he had kissed me. That was too hard for me.

“Please say something” Siwon said softly. He made me face him and put his hand on my cheek wiping the tears softly. “I didn’t mean to make you cry”

“Why?” I asked still crying “Why did you kissed me?”

He sighed.

“You really want me to answer that?” he asked and I nodded

“Because I… I love you Im Yoona” he said and I was shocked for a moment. He said he loved me! I wanted to yell that I loved him too but I was speechless. “We’ve known each other for just a few months but I started to fall for you since I met you. Now I’m afraid my stupidity will make me loose your friendship”

“You babo!” I yelled “I love you too”

When I said that, he smiled and hugged me tightly. I was so happy but I couldn’t stop the tears that were coming out. He leaned forward and kissed me again. I felt sparkles. It was still raining but I didn’t care.

“Im Yoona, if I don’t die from hypothermia… would be like be my girlfriend?” he said knelt to the ground and shaking. I laughed by the statement.

“Well Choi Siwon, if I don’t die from pneumonia… I’d love be your girlfriend” he grinned and we kissed again. To bad we were both freezing out there in the rain and we had to go back home.

…………………………………………………………

Normal POV

Sooyoung was walking back home, luckily she was carrying an umbrella unlike her brother. Suddenly, she felt footsteps behind her. She had never been a girl who easily got scared but now she was feeling a little bit nervous.  She started to walk a little bit faster and the person behind her started to move faster as well.

She decided that it was time to stop and she turned around to face that person.

“Who are you and why the hell are you following me?!” she yelled the question. The other person seemed really surprised

“Mianhe I didn’t mean to disturb you” the person said, he was Lee Jinki “But I wasn’t following you”

“Then why are you walking behind me like a stalker?” she asked

“I’m going home” he said

“Yeah right” Sooyoung didn’t believe him

“It’s true!” he said

She started to walk even faster. She really thought he was annoying. Onew started to walk faster as well.

“If your are not following me then why do you walk faster when I do?!” she asked mad

“Well… hum… I just feel lonely” he said blushed

“You’re obnoxious!” she yelled at him and continued walking

“Well I think you’re cute” he said and she just pretended she didn’t hear what he said.

When she finally arrived at the building she sighed in relief but then she noticed he stopped there too.

“You said you weren’t following me!”

“And I’m not!” he said “I live here”

“This can’t be true” she cursed at wind in a low voice

“I think we’re neighbors!” he said jumping with excitement “Maybe we can go to the university together tomorrow!”

“Yeah, in your dreams” she just said and walked to the elevator and Jinki walked in too. There was just the two of them there. She pressed the button of the third floor and Onew just smiled and didn’t press any.

“I told you we were neighbors” he said when they walked out. He headed to his apartment nº 302 and hers was nº 303. “Why didn’t I see you before?”

She shut the door when she entered to the apartment.

“Ugh! He’s so annoying” Sooyoung complained throwing her stuff in the floor.

“Who is annoying?” Minho, who was watching TV, asked

“Did you know that Lee Jinki was our neighbor?” she asked him

“Of course, I saw him the first day we came” Minho said “What I didn’t know was that you knew him”

“Unfortunately, he is my classmate” Sooyoung sighed

“It’s hard to believe that you didn’t know your classmate was your neighbor after like 2 months living here” Sulli added walking in the living room

“Hey guys do you know where Siwon hyung is? It’s getting late and it’s raining. I’m starting to worry about him” Minho said looking at his watch

“He went to basketball try outs but I didn’t know that he was going to take so long” Sooyoung said

After what she said, they heard the sound of the door opening. They were surprised to see a completely soaked Siwon. He was all wet and shaking but he had a bright smile on his face.

“What the hell happened to you?” Minho asked

“I –waaas wa-walking ba-ck hoo-me and it startee-ed raining” he said shivering

“You could have caught a cold!” Sooyoung yelled at him. Sometimes she acted like an umma for them.

“Sorry” he apologized

“So tell me what you were doing after the basketball try outs because I won’t believe you if you say you stayed there until now” Sooyoung said

“I was… talking to someone” he said

“In the rain?” Minho asked “You’ve gotta be crazy hyung”

“Who was this person you were with?” Sulli asked. For some reason, Siwon felt like he was in a court accused of committing a crime because all his siblings started to ask questions.

“Humm Im Yoona” he said and Sooyoung seemed mad

“I’m ready to listen” she said “And it better be good”  

“She is my girlfriend now” Siwon said

“That’s good!” Sulli said

“Yeah it is” Sooyoung agreed “But let’s make things clear, you don’t feel anything for her, do you?

“No” he lied and felt bad for that

“Good” she said “Because you have to remember that nothing of this is real. This is all part of the plan”

“I know” he said sadly but his siblings didn’t notice.

He felt guilty because he was betraying his family, he was also betraying Yoona and most importantly, he was betraying himself. He didn’t want to do that but he couldn’t do anything to avoid it. He wanted revenge, his blood called for it but he loved Yoona and he couldn’t deny it anymore.

Im Yoona, I don't want to love you-he thought

“Well having made our point clear” Sooyoung said “Why don’t you invite her here so we can all get to know her more?”