Chapter 13: Yoona's uncle

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 13: Yoona’s uncle

Yoona couldn’t sleep because she was still thinking about Siwon. Should she call him or not? Was he mad at her? She sighed. Why did it have to be so complicated?

She grabbed her cellphone and hesitated for a while but then dialed Siwon’s number.

“Yeoboseyo?” a male voice answered but it wasn’t Siwon, it was maybe his brother Minho

“Hi, I’m Yoona…” she said nervously “Can I talk to Siwon oppa?

“Hmm ok…” he said hesitating “Hang on a second”

She heard him calling for his hyung and some footsteps. She felt her heart racing really fast.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said

“Oppa, it’s me Yoona” she said

“Hi” he said. He was really happy to hear her but he didn’t want to show it.

“I was worried about you” she started to say and was about to cry “You’ve been avoiding me these days”

“I’m sorry I’ve been busy” he made an excuse but he was being cold and Yoona noticed that

“So, what are you doing this weekend?” she asked him with hope

“I still have some things to do” he said coldly “I’ll talk to you in classes, bye”

He hanged up the phone and felt guilty.

“Ashh” he let out a yell and pulled his hair “I hate doing this to her!”

Yoona couldn’t believe that Siwon was being so cold to her and she started to cry. She loved him so much and he didn’t even seem to care for a bit. What changed with him? A fews day ago, he was sweet and caring and now he didn’t even want to talk to her.

“Maybe he has someone else…” she mumbled in tears but refused to believe that

……………………………………

Jessica felt like she was dreaming. When air was needed, they pulled away. She couldn’t look at him in the eyes.

“Jessica…” Donghae started “I’ve been hiding my feelings for so long… I don’t know if I can take it anymore”

“Donghae oppa… this isn’t right” she said in tears. She wanted so badly to tell him that she loved him too but she couldn’t because she knew that would hurt Krystal. He wiped her tears and caressed her cheek.

“It’s ok if you don’t feel the same way” he faked a smile but he was really hurt

“It’s not like that…” she said and he looked at her surprised “I have to go home now…”

Donghae expression changed, he seemed really disappointed. Jessica was about to go when Donghae took her by the wrist.

“At least let me take you home” he said and she nodded

They walk silently, neither of both knew what to say. Donghae felt sad because he thought that Jessica didn’t feel the same way and he was losing her friendship now.  Jessica was afraid to lose Donghae as well. She loved him but couldn’t accept his feelings because of Krystal.

“We’re here” she finally spoke when they got home. She was about to put the key on the door when suddenly it opened, it was Kyrstal.

“Unnie why are you here so early?” she asked but she already knew the answer

“Krys…” she started saying nervously “I’m sorry but… I got fired”

“What?!” Krystal pretended to be surprised and started to yell questions at her “What did you do?! What are we going to do now?! How am I going to study?!”

“YAH you brat stop yelling at your sister, it wasn’t her fault!” Donghae scolded her and Krystal was shocked. Tears started to form in her eyes.

“Look what you have done unnie! Now Hae oppa yells at me because of you!” she said and then ran to her room crying.

“Krys wait!” Jessica tried to stop her, she felt really bad and wanted to cry too but she had to be strong

“Sica, I’m sorry” Donghae apologized even though he didn’t need to

“Don’t worry” she said “Let’s talk tomorrow and thanks again”

“Bye” he said and left still thinking that he had screwed his relationship with her. Jessica ran upstairs to talk to her sister. She knocked the door but she didn’t open.

“Krys… please let’s talk” she said

“GO AWAY!” Krystal yelled still crying “This is all your fault!”

“I promise I’ll do anything to get another job, you don’t need to worry” Jessica said

“That’s not why I’m mad!” she yelled and still didn’t want to open the door “Donghae oppa scolded me because of you! He only thinks about you!”

“That’s not true” she tried to explain “He worries about you too”

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” Krystal said “Just go away!”

Jessica sighed and tears started falling from her eyes. She decided that it was worthless to try to explain things to Krystal. She wiped her tears.

“It hurts, but I have to reject you Hae even though I love you…” she said herself crying, it was a decision she made and wouldn’t change her mind.

……………………………………………….

The next morning, it was Sunday. Minho went out to the movies with Seohyun, Sunny and Key, and Sulli stayed home to do some homework. Siwon woke up really early that morning and after some hours, he decided to go out.

“Where are you going, oppa?” Sulli asked

“There’s some things I need to do” he said “I’ll talk to you guys later”

He headed out, it was raining again. He remembered that day when he kissed her and confessed his feelings. It felt so distant to him. He sighed.

Even though it was raining, he went walking instead of taking a taxi but this time he had an umbrella. He walked for about 15 minutes or so and arrived at the place. He saw the big building and a lot of memories started to come to his mind. It was so different now but he could still recognize it.

He walked in and went to talk to someone.

“Hi, how can I help you” the recepcionist asked

“I want to see Mr. Im Yonseong” he said, it was hard for him to hold his feelings

“Do you have an appointment?” she asked politely

“Mmm…” he hesitated before answering “No”

“I’m sorry to tell you that you won’t be able to talk to him then” she said

“But it’s really important” he said and she fell for his puppy face

“Who is it that wants to talk to my brother?” a man entered the building, he wasn’t that old. He was about his 40.

“Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Im YongHwa” the recepcionist bowed and Siwon was surprised to hear the name of Im Yonghwa. He was that man’s brother, the one who helped his father. Was he?

“Annyeonghaseyo” Siwon bowed 90º “Sorry to interrupt sir but I need to see Mr. Im Yonseong”

“You look familiar to me…” the man said and Siwon started to feel nervous “What’s your name son?”

“Mmm… Choi Siwon” he replied

“Choi…” he mumbled, he seemed nervous as well “Are you familiar to Choi Shinwoon?”

“He was my father” Siwon said in low voice and the man’s eye opened widely “Did you know him?”

“Well yes” he said “We worked together a lot of years ago, he was a really nice friend”

“I see” Siwon said “So… can I talk to Mr. Im Yonseong?”

“Mmm I think he’s busy…” the man said

“But it’s really important” Siwon said almost begging

“Wait… you said your name was Siwon right?” the man asked surprised

“Neh” he replied “Why?”

“Aren’t you Yoona’s boyfriend?” he asked curiously and Siwon felt bad. Why did she have to come out in the conversation? He didn’t want her to be involved in any way.

“Mmm yes…” he said. He wanted to say no but he couldn’t deny her in front of her uncle. The man looked ill; maybe he didn’t want him as her boyfriend.

“So that’s why you need to talk to my brother?” he asked “Wait… are you proposing?!”

The man was shocked and Siwon blushed.

“It has nothing to do with her” he said “It’s about business”

“Business?” he asked “Aren’t you too young?”

“Age is not important in business” he said “So… am I allowed to talk to him?”

“Mmm yeah come this way…” he said a little bit insecure and led him to his brother office

“Sir, can I ask you a favor?” Siwon said “Please don’t tell your brother that I know Yoona”

“Why not?” she asked surprised “Are you ashamed to be with her?!”

“That’s not it” he said “I don’t want him to think that I’m using his daughter to get a job”

“I see” the man said and he seemed more relaxed now “Ok, let’s meet him now”