Chapter 4: Jealousy

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 4: Jealousy

Taemin and Krystal arrived at high school a little bit early and sat on their common seats waiting for the class to start. Taemin always sat beside the window and Krystal next to him. They were talking about their summer holidays when they saw the new girl come in. Sulli wouldn’t take her eyes off of him.

“I think she likes you” Krystal whispered in Taemin’s ears “She’s been looking at you since yesterday”

“She freaks me out” he said avoiding her sight

“She can’t be that bad” Krystal said

“You say that because she is not stalking YOU”

Sulli had noticed how cute Taemin was since the first day she saw him but he didn’t seem to be comfortable with that. She was kind of feeling jealous of Krystal for being so close to him so she decided to approach to where they were.

“Hi” she said to them nicely “I’m new, my name is Choi Sulli”

“Yeah we know that” Taemin whispered and Krystal hit him with her elbow

“I’m Jung Krystal” she greeted her pretending nothing happened “And this babo is Lee Taemin”

“Hi” he faked a smile but she didn’t noticed it wasn’t real

“Nice to meet you Taemin oppa”

Now she is calling me oppa?- Taemin thought- How annoying can this girl be?

……………………………..

(Seoul University)

Sooyoung was on her way to her first class of her second day in the university. She liked it but she didn’t want to get attached to that life. She sighed. All she wanted was to fulfill their revenge and leave Seoul forever.

“Hi” some random guy greeted her while she was walking

“Hi” she replied coldly

“So you’re new” he said “Do you want me to show you the university?”

“No thanks” she replied “I’ll be okay by myself”

“Well, anything you need just talk to me” he said “My name is Lee jinki, but you can call me Onew”

“Good” she answered feeling a little bit annoyed

“So… you won’t tell me your name?” Onew asked

“I don’t give personal information to strangers”

“But I’m not a stranger anymore, you know my name is Jinki” he said with a big smile “Besides, that’s how you meet people”

“Sorry I’m not here to make friends” she said coldly and walked away from him “And I don’t want to know you”

“Ouch” he said “That was harsh from such a beautiful girl”

………………………………….

(At lunch time)

Siwon was waiting impatiently in queue to get his lunch. The first step was successfully completed and now they were friends. Well kind of. They had talked a bit, but the only information he could get was the same he already knew. He and his siblings had made a lot of research about that man before coming to Seoul and everything she had said, he already knew it. He needed to know more, Sooyoung was right. The closer, the better.

Jessica was behind him, so he decided to talk to her.

“Jessica, I want to ask you something” he said nervously

“You like Yoona, right?” she asked with a smirk

“No… well kind of” Siwon replied faking “But we don’t know each other very well and I’m afraid she might not want me so close to her”

Jessica just laughed.

“I don’t think so” she said “But what did you want to ask?”

“I was wondering if you think she might like to go on a date with me” Siwon said it really fast “Is it too soon to ask?”

“I’m sure she likes you too” Jessica replied “Just try asking her”

Not so far away from them in the queue, Donghae was watching them talk and felt really annoyed. His friend Leeteuk just sighed

 “Why is that new kiddo so close to Sica?!” Donghae asked angrily. He was really jealous to see Siwon and Jessica talking so closely.

“Donghae you’re annoying me” Leeteuk said “If you like her, CONFESS YOUR FEELINGS and stop bothering me”

“No!” he replied “Maybe she likes him”

“Maybe she doesn’t and she is just being polite”

Yoona was already eating her lunch with Yuri in front of her. She also saw Jessica and Siwon talking and felt weird, like jealous.

“I thought he said he didn’t like her” Yoona said out of the blue

“Maybe he is just asking for advice” Yuri replied trying to cheer her up “Besides you know that Jessica loves fishy”

“I know but I’m worried that he might like her” she said

“Are you jealous?” Yul asked very interested

“NO” she said and Yuri looked at her like saying I know you’re lying “Well maybe”

“C’mon Yoong, you can see in his eyes that he likes you”

“Im Yoona you’re a really bad friend!” someone interrupted their conversation. Yoona turned around surprised and saw her best friend Ok Taecyeon. She immediately stood up and hugged him tightly. “You didn’t even look for me yesterday”

“I’m sorry, I was busy” she apologized “Taecyeon oppa I missed you” she said as he returned the hug

“I missed you too shorty” he said

Siwon was looking at the scene and raised an eyebrow when he saw the two of them hugging. They really looked like a couple and that made him mad.

“And who is he?” Siwon asked Jessica and he couldn’t hide his mad tone

“He is Ok Taecyeon, her very best friend” Jessica replied

“They look like a couple and they act like one!” a little bit too loud

“Don’t be jealous Siwon oppa” Jessica tried to calm him down “They are childhood friends but you don’t have to worry, they don’t like each other that way”

“How do you know they don’t like each other?”

“Because Taecyeon oppa is into someone else”

“And Yoona?”

“I’ve already told you she likes you!” Jessica said impatiently “If you don’t believe me, ask her out and see by yourself”

“I will” Siwon replied

When he finally got his lunch, Sooyoung saw him and approach to him.

“The blonde girl you were talking to… is she Im Yoona?” she asked

“No, she is her best friend” Siwon whispered

“Then who is Yoona?”

“The brunette over there” he said showing her who she was

Sooyoung returned to her seat but she didn’t take off her eyes of her brother. Siwon approached to the table were Yoona was sitting and she smiled.

“Can I take a seat?” he asked politely

“And you are?” Taecyeon asked being a little bit disrespectful and Siwon looked at him furious.

“He is Choi Siwon” Jessica said trying to break the tension between them “He is a new friend”

“Nice to meet you” Taecyeon said shaking his hand but gripping it tighly

“It’s a pleasure” Siwon said sending a death glance to him that only the two of them could notice. “So Yoona… I wanted to ask you something”

“Hmm” she said looking up

“I know it is too soon but I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me…” he said nervously. Everyone in table, except Jessica, was surprised to hear that. Taecyeon almost choked and Yuri giggled. Yoona was speechless.

“I understand if you don’t want to…” he said kind of disappointed

“NO” she said “I mean yes, I’d love to go on a date with you!” she said really excited and his face lightened up

“So let’s meet at the park at 5”

“Sounds good to me”

………………………………………………..

“You are a really good actor” Sooyoung told his brother after lunch when no one else was hearing “I almost believed that you really wanted to go on a date with that girl”

“Yeah, part of my plan” was the only he said. I didn’t need to act that part- he thought