Chapter 20: Apology

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 20: Apology

Donghae and Taemin were at Jessica’s house trying to calm her down while waiting for some news of her sister. Suddenly, Taemin’s phone rang. They heard him talking to some girl, he sounded annoyed but then his voice changed.

“BWOH?”he said surprised and excited at the same time“We’ll be there, thanks Sulli ssi”

He hung up his phone and looked at his brother and Jessica.

“What happened?” Donghae asked impatiently

“Krystal is at the house of one of our classmates” Taemin said happily

“Really?” Jessica said and sighed relieved

“Neh” he said “Her name is Choi Sulli”

“Do you know where she lives?” Donghae asked and Taemin nodded “Wait… you said Choi? Sica, didn’t Siwon mention that he had a sister named Sulli? “

“Neh” she said really surprised “Maybe is his house”

“Now that I remember, Sulli has a brother called Siwon” Taemin said thinking deeply

“That’s good” Donghae said with a big grin “Ok my little dongsaeng, take us to the Choi’s house”

…………………………………………………………….

“Sulli, what is taking you so long?” Minho asked a little bit annoyed

“Mianhae oppa” she apologized and went to the living with some snacks. Just then, they heard the door of the house opening. Kyrstal jumped of her seat surprised when Siwon and Sooyoung entered the house.

“Oppa, unnie” Sulli greeted them

“Annyeonghaseyo Krystal imnida” Krystal said and bowed to them

“No need to be so formal” Sooyoung said smiling warmly “What are you doing here?”

“Mmm…” she tried to say something but she couldn’t come up with an excuse. She was saved by Siwon’s phone that started ringing suddenly.

“Excuse me” he said and then turned around to answer his phone “Yeoboseyo?”

“Siwon ssi, are you home?”he heard a female voice on the other line

“Jessica?”he asked and when Krystal heard the name of her sister, she started to feel really nervous and Sooyoung noticed that.“Yes I’m home”

“Please don’t let my sister leave”she said worried and Siwon frowned

“Your sister?”he asked confused and Jessica explained everything to him“Ah Krystal ssi, now I understand everthing”

“I’m going there right now”she said

“Ok, don’t worry”he said and hung up his phone. By then, everyone was looking at Krystal and she looked down. Siwon stared at her and she felt nervous, he scared her.

“So, you are escaping from your sister” he said

“Who told her I was here?” she asked nervously

“I told Taemin” Sulli said apollogetically “Sorry Krys, but it was the right thing to do”

“Ahmm…” she mumbled “Sorry, I think I should leave”

“You can’t go” Siwon said in a soft tone and his siblings were surprised “Jessica told me not to let you go”

“You know Krystal’s unnie?” Sulli asked

“Neh, she is a friend of mine” he said

“Why did I come here” Krystak whispered and no one heard her. Some minutes later, they heard the door bell rang. Krystal’s heart bumped. Siwon went to open the door and saw Jessica, Donghae and Hae’s little dongsaeng, Taemin.

Jessica rushed to where Krystal was and hugged her tighly. Krystal was speechless and really surprised; she didn’t expect that to happen. She thought her sister would scold her but she was hugging her. She didn’t know how to react.

“Krys, don’t ever do that again” Jessica said softly in tears “I was really worried”

“Unnie…” Krystal was really moved by Jessica’s tears. Her sister was always nice and sweet to her but she never noticed before “Sorry, please don’t cry”

“Sulli ssi…” Taemin tried to say something but he was really nervous “Thank you. It was so nice of you to do that…”

“It was nothing” Sulli said blushed “I just did what I thought was right”

“I think we should go now” Donghae said trying not to spoil the mood “Thanks Siwon”

“You don’t need to thank me” he said “It was all my little sister”

“Thanks Sulli ssi” Jessica bowed

“No need to do that unnie” Sulli said embarrassed and blushed

“Sulli…” Krystal said “I’m really sorry”

“You don’t need to apologize to me” she said

……………………………………………………………………………………….

Yoona felt scared of her uncle for the first time in her life. She had never seen him so mad before. I’m death-she thought. She tried to come up with an excuse but she thought nothing sounded reasonanble.

“I…” she started thinking “Lost my phone here the other day… and I can’t find it”

What a lame excuse, babo you couldn’t think of something better?- she scolded herself in her mind.

She gulped and hoped her uncle would believe her lie. She felt her cell phone in her pocket and prayed that it wouldn’t sound while she was in there.

“Why didn’t you say anything when I came in?!” he yelled loudly, which made Yoona shiver

“Well…” she was really nervous and couldn’t talk properly “I- waass- ssur-prised  to see you –aand- I thought- you wo-uld-be-e mad to see me here”

She breathed heavily and hoped that he wouldn’t notice that she was being really obvious.

“I think I’ll go now” she stood up and went to door but her uncle grabbed her wrist tightly

“WAIT” he yelled and she felt chills “WHAT DID YOU HEAR?”

“Nothing important” she said immediately “Don’t worry uncle, everybody has a journal and I don’t think my dad would want to read it”

 “Ok…” he said more relaxed

“Can I go now?”  she asked and he just shooed her with his hand.

“I think this brat knows more than what she should…” he mumbled when Yoona left “I think I’ll have to get rid of her”

Yoona ran to her bedroom as fast as she could and locked herself there. Her heart was beating really fast and she was breathing heavily. When she was inside she sighed relieved.

“Gosh, Yoona when did you get into this…” she said to herself. She knew it would be difficult but she couldn’t give up. She was so close to figure out what really happened. What was certain was that her uncle had a secret and she had to find out what was it about.  That journal had the answer but she knew her uncle would hide it somewhere else after what happened.

She decided to take a hot shower and go to sleep but she couldn’t. There were still a lot of things in her mind. At first she found it difficult to believe that her uncle could be a murderer, but now she wasn’t that sure.

She thought about her father and her uncle. They both seemed to be nice people but one of them was a murderer. Yoona didn’t want to think about it anymore, so she just fall asleep.

……………………………………………………………

Jessica, Donghae, Taemin and Krystal were all silent while they were going back to the Jung residence. Krystal was still thinking about everything that Minho said and she knew she was wrong acting like a little baby, especially when her sister was so nice and caring. She realized that Minho was right when he said that she was only obsessed with some boy and that that was making her lose her sister.

When they arrive, they were still silent and the silence was uncomfortable and awkward.

“Hmm I think Taemin and I should leave…” Donghae said breaking the silence

“Neh” his dongsaeng agreed

“Wait, Donghae oppa please don’t leave yet” Krystal said

“Arasso” he said trying to be nice but he was still really mad at her 

“Sica unnie, Donghae oppa…” she said in a sad tone “I really want to apologize for what I did, I was being childish”

“It’s ok Krys” Jessica said and hugged her again. Krystal was really happy that her sister wasn’t mad at her but she felt bad for what she did. She felt like she didn’t deserve to have Jessica as a sister.

“No unnie” she said “What I did was wrong and it’s my fault that you and Donghae oppa are not friends like before”

“It’s not completely your fault Krystal” Donghae said with a warm smile “It’s my fault too”

“It was actually my fault” Jessica said “I was being a chicken”

“Sica unnie” she said and faced her sister “I know you really love Donghae oppa and I don’t want to be a burden between you and him”

“You are not a burden” she said

“I just want you to know that I won’t be against your relationship” she said with a smile. After that, she dragged Taemin inside the house and let them two alone outside. There were both silent and didn’t know what to say. Donghae just smiled.

“Sica, now you don’t have an excuse to say no to me...”