Chapter 7: Ex-boyfriend

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 7: Ex-boyfriend

Yoona’s POV

I was walking to my next class with Siwon on my side, talking about random stuff. It was always so nice to be with him and silence wasn’t uncomfortable, but still hadn’t said anything about the kiss. Well it wasn’t a big issue but I really wanted to know his feelings. I sighed. Everything was back to the ordinary. While walking, I saw someone I didn’t want to see. I turned and faced Siwon.

“Oppa, let’s go the other way” I said trying not to be so obvious

“But this is short cut to our next class” he said

“Please?” I begged and he just laughed

“Ok, but not ditching class, ok?” Siwon replied smiling

I laughed and nodded. When we were far away from HIM I sighed in relief.

“So… who were you avoiding?” he asked out of the blue

“I wasn’t…” I tried to deny it but when my eyes met his, I couldn’t hide it “Ok, I was hiding from Yoochun”

“And who is he?” he asked

“My ex-boyfriend” I said and his expression changed, he seemed… mad?

“What happened?” he asked “Bad break up?”

“No” I said “Yoochun was always really nice and caring but he didn’t take our relationship seriously. While dating with me he was also dating other girls, that’s why we broke up”

Siwon clenched his fists. Was he jealous? That made me smile but I was also afraid that he would get into a fight with Yoochun.

“Did you love him?” he asked me still a little bit mad

“I cared a lot about him but it wasn’t love” I admitted “He’s trying to get another opportunity and that’s why I’m avoiding him”

“Didn’t Taecyeon hit him?” he asked and I was surprised by that

“Well he wanted to but hitting his hyung wasn’t good for his image”

“Well hitting my hyung won’t be bad for my image” Siwon said and I laughed.

“Don’t do it” I said “I’ll just talk to him… someday”

“Why don’t you tell him you already have a boyfriend?” He suggested and I was shocked. What was he trying to say?

“Well… that would be a lie as I don’t have a boyfriend” I said a little bit blushed

“Yet” he said

……………………………………………….

Yoochun’ POV

On my free time, I was sitting in the library but I wasn’t paying attention to what I was reading. Why did Yoona ignore me? Didn’t she see me there?

“Changmin-ah, why do you think Yoona would avoid me?” I asked my friend who was also reading.

“Huh… because she is your ex-girlfriend? Isn’t it obvious?” he said “Besides, you cheated on her”

“Well I didn’t know our relationship was exclusive. If I had known I wouldn’t have dated other girls I swear” I said, it sounded dumb but it was the true “I learnt my mistake, now I want her back”

“She doesn’t want you to go after her, that why she is avoiding you!” he said “ it up”

“Your are really cruel maknae”

“Because I’m the only one of us 5 besides Jaejoong that uses his brain” Changmin said “Like Yunho hyung  for example. He is always trying to get Tiffany when he knows she doesn’t like him that way”

“Well that’s not the same!” I tried to make a point but failed. It was pretty much the same.

“It is the same” Changmin said “The only difference is that Yunho hyung wasn’t a jerk”

“Yah! I said I learnt my mistake”

“Just saying” he said “And it seems like she’s dating the newbie”

“That Choi guy?” I asked and he nodded “Well I’ll get him out of the way and show Yoona that I’m better”

……………………………………………………

Siwon’s POV

Why the hell was I feeling like that? When Yoona talked to me about his ex-boyfriend I felt really mad and I wanted to punch his face for cheating on her. Why? I wasn’t supposed to be feeling that way for her but I couldn’t help it. And that kiss on the cheek I gave her the other night, felt really great but I shouldn’t have done it! I shouldn’t be feeling this way! I should hate her with all my heart instead of… loving her?

I was so confused. I needed to stop thinking about that stuff but boring classes didn’t help at all. Maybe trying out for the basketball team would make me relax a bit. I didn’t know I could be so wrong.

After classes I went to them gym were the try outs were taking place. I saw a lot of guys there waiting for their turns. And the coach was there yelling at them along with Nichkhun and the rest of the team.

The cheerleaders were there too and seeing Yoona didn’t help much. She waved at me and I smiled. She was dressed in her cheerleader outfit and she looked stunning.

“I knew you would come” Hangkyung said “What I didn’t know was that you only came to drool for your girlfriend”

“Shut up, I’m not drooling” I said blushed “And Yoona is not my girlfriend”

“I didn’t mention Yoona, you turned yourself in” he teased

“You tall guy!” the coach yelled, apparently he was talking to me “What’s your name?”

“Choi Siwon” I said

“Well Choi, how good are you?” he asked

“I played in my old school, but never in an official team”

“Then start!” he shouted and I ran to take a ball. It was me against Donghae and Hangkyung. Donghae took the ball and ran to his hoop but I stole the ball and ran faster. I avoided Hangkyung and made a three points shot.

The cheerleaders cheered for me and yelled excited when I made shoot.

“Not bad, Choi” the coach said “But let’s see how it goes against Ok and Horvejkul”

This time Taecyeon and Nichkhun were in front of me. I ran to my hoop but Horvejkul was faster and stole the ball from me. He ran to his side and I followed him. He almost made the shoot but I took the ball before it could enter the hoop. I ran to my side and tried to make a shoot but unfortunately, Taceyeon is taller than me. He took the ball, passed it to Nichkhun and he finally shot.

“Not bad for a beginner” Nichkhun said mocking “But not good enough to beat the captain”

“That was enough for me” the coach said “Welcome to the team Choi”

I smiled and then everyone except Nichkhun and Taecyeon cheered. Hangkyung gave me a pat on the back and Donghae gave me a small hug. Taecyeon didn’t cheer but he shook my hand.

“Well, congratulations” Nichkhun said “You’d better train harder”

I went to the showers and took a quick shower. Then I changed myself and walked out the gym. I was really happy that I had made it to the basketball team. It was something I always wanted to do but never tried.

While I was heading home I heard someone calling my name. I turned and when I saw Yoona I smiled. She ran to me and put her arms around my neck in a hug and i put mines around her waist.

“Congratulations, Mr Choi” she said

“Well thanks Ms Im” I replied and it was then when I realized our faces were just inches apart.

My heart started beating really fast and i could feel hers beating fast as well. My face slowly approached to hers and our lips met. I couldn’t help it anymore and kissed her.