Chapter 11: Decision

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 11: Decision

Siwon’s POV

Again I was trying to sleep but couldn’t. I got up of my bed and head to the living room. It was about 1.30 am and everyone was asleep so I tried not to make any noise. My mind kept wondering what the right thing to do was. Should I continue my revenge? Or should I drop all my plans for Yoona?

I sighed. Yoona why did you have to be his daughter? I sat down on the couch with all the lights off and stare at the wall. There was a picture there, of my family. I approached to where it was because I couldn’t see anything in the darkness.

It was a picture of 15 years ago, when I was 7. Sooyoung was 5, Minho was 4 and Sulli was 1. I saw my parents there standing next to us with their happy smiles and tears started to fall down.

I will always remember that day as if it was a nightmare that came to me every single night.

End of Siwon’s POV

Flashback

It was a really cold night and it was snowing. Mr. and Mrs. Choi had gone to work even if it was late because they had some problems to solve. Apparently Mr. Choi had been promoted and now he needed to go and talk to the boss and not everyone in the company was happy about it.

Siwon was the oldest of the siblings so he was in charge of taking care of them while his parents were away. He was in the living room watching TV when he saw in the table some papers. He approached to see if they were important. In fact, they were. His father had forgotten them in the table when he went out in a rush.

Siwon didn’t think it twice and took a coat to go the company and give his father his papers.

“Sooyoung, I’ll be right back” Siwon yelled from downstairs “Please take care of Minho and Sulli and don’t open the door to strangers”

“Don’t worry oppa” the 5 years old girl said “Be careful”

It was cold and dark but he didn’t care. He wasn’t sure were the building was but he remembered the day when his father took him there. He walked for about 30 minutes and arrived at a big building. There was only a light on in all the windows so he went there. There was no one in the front door of the building so he could enter without any problems.

He walked upstairs and stopped in front of the door where he saw the lights on. He wanted to enter but he heard some people yelling inside.

“You don’t deserve the job Choi!” someone yelled “I do! Even my brother would be better for the job than you!”

“Mr. Im please calm down” Siwon heard the voice of his mother

The door was slightly open, so he decided to carefully see what was going on inside. He saw a man talking to his parents. He seemed really mad.

“How do tell me to calm down?!” the man yelled “Your husband is taking away all what I worked for!”

“I worked really hard too!” Siwon’s father said “I was the one who saved this company from the bankrupt along with your brother, not you!”

“He isn’t fighting for his right, I am!” the man said

Siwon was shocked when he saw something sharp shining in the darkness. It was knife and that man stabbed it on his father chest. Everything happened so fast that he couldn’t think properly. He heard his mother scream and he wanted to scream too but covered his mouth with his own hands to avoid being discovered.

“You saw everything” the man told his mother. She tried to run but the man grabbed her wrist and stabbed the knife on her chest too. Tears started to fall from Siwon’s eyes when he saw his parents covered with blood lying on the floor. The man ran away and apparently he didn’t see Siwon standing there.

“Umma, Appa!” Siwon called for them running inside the room. He couldn’t stop crying. He could do nothing now, they weren’t breathing. He cried there, in front of his parents death bodies. They were the bitterest tears he had ever cried and he would never forget.

Next to his father, there was a piece of paper. He took it and saw it wasn’t a piece of paper but a personal card that said Im Yonseong.

“Im Yonseong” Siwon said in tears “I hate you”

End of the flashback

He would never forget that night, the bitterest night of his entire life. Maybe the idea of revenge would take away that bitterness of the Choi’s life. He cried in silence and didn’t even bother to wipe the tears.

After everything that happened that day, nobody found out who the murderer was. They did a lot of investigations but the police never find out the truth so after some years they closed the case. Siwon never told anybody but his sibling that he had witnessed the murder of his parents.

Flashback2

They were in their parents’ funeral and couldn’t stop crying. Siwon was trying to be strong but couldn’t. Sooyoung was next to Minho trying to explain everything to him but how can a 5 year old girl explain their parents’ death to a 4 year old kid? Sulli was still a baby so she wasn’t aware of anything. There were few people there, just some friends of the family and them. Siwon looked around and tried to see if the murderer was there but he couldn’t recognize the faces. They were standing there in front of their parents tomb.

That was the moment when they vowed that they were going to get revenge for their parents. 3 kids vowed that they were going to find the murderer and made him pay.

“Mom, Dad” Siwon said “We promise to get revenge for you”

End of the flashback2

Even though it had been like 15 years ago, they would never forget that terrible day. They kept in mind their promise to get revenge. After the funeral, the Choi siblings were taken to LA to live with some relatives until Siwon turned 18 and they moved away to live on their own. They had inherited a lot of money from their parents and they used it to live. 4 years later, they decided to go back to Seoul to fulfill their revenge.

Siwon sighed again. He didn’t even try to hold back the tears that were coming out.

“What was I thinking?!” Siwon said to himself “I should have never tried to stop my revenge!”

“I’m really sorry Yoona but I have to do this!” he said “Your father has to pay for what he did, even if it means losing you”

………………………………………..

The next day in the university, Siwon avoided Yoona as much as he could. He tried not to go to where she was or to meet her, pretending to be busy with exams. He was also acting really coldly towards the rest of their friends.

He was trying to stay away from them because he didn’t want to make strong bonds with people he would have to hurt.

Yoona was really worried about Siwon. She thought he was stressed or maybe he had problem that he didn’t want to share with her.

“What could be happening to Siwon oppa?” she asked Jessica

“He’s acting really coldly towards us” Jessica said “This morning he just said hello and walked away”

“Something might be bothering him” Donghae interrupted their conversation “I think he might be stressed with basketball and exams”

“I hope it’s that” Yoona sighed “Or maybe he’s just avoiding me…”

“YAH Im Yoona what are you thinking?” Jessica scolded her

“Maybe he doesn’t love me anymore…” Yoona said and was about to cry but Jessica hugged her

“Don’t be silly!” she said “I’m sure that if there is guy who really loves you, that’s Choi Siwon”

“I bet he’s just having some problems” Donghae said

………………………………………………….

Siwon was walking to his next class when Sooyoung and Minho stopped him. She looked really mad and Minho looked as if he couldn’t do anything to help

“Can I know what the hell you think you’re doing?” she asked him really mad

“I’m going to my next class” Siwon said coldly “And if you excuse me, I’m going to be late”

“Hyung wait” Minho said grabbing his wrist

“What do you guys want?” Siwon asked impatiently

“Why are you avoiding your girlfriend?” Sooyoung asked “You need to be close to her!”

“Do I need to be the 24 hours stick to her like a chewing gum?!” he asked furious

“You are not following you original plan” Minho said “What changed?”

“Nothing!” Siwon said “I just need some time alone!”

“You are not dropping the plans, are you?” Sooyoung asked him

“Of course I’m not!” Siwon yelled way too loud

“Then why are you being like this?!” Sooyoung scolded him

“It’s just that I don’t want Yoona to be involved anymore!” Siwon said looking down

“What?” Sooyoung asked shocked “You said you didn’t have feelings for her, why do you care?”

“Maybe because I fell in love with her!” he said out loud but just his two siblings heard. They were really shocked to hear that.

“Tell me you are just joking” Minho said

“I’m not” Siwon said upset at himself “Look guys, I’m sorry but I cannot make my feelings disappear. I do want revenge, I’m really sure about it but I don’t want her to get hurt”

Sooyoung sighed.

“I understand that you may be in love with that girl” she said “But whatever happens, if you hurt his father she’ll be hurt anyway”

“I know” Siwon said really sad “That’s why she has to hate me then she won’t feel hurt if I betray her”

“So you will stay away from the woman you love for revenge?” Minho asked

“That’s the price I have to pay for falling in love with the daughter of our enemy”