Chapter 19: The secret

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 19: The secret

Donghae was really shocked to hear the news. He didn’t know that kid would be such a trouble maker. Jessica sounded really worried and Hae didn’t know what to do to calm her down.

“Calm down Sica” he said softly “Taemin and I will go to help you”

“Thanks oppa” she said and hung up

Donghae sighed; he really missed Jessica and their old friendship. His intentions weren’t to show off in front of Jessica, he just wanted to be helpful and be next to her as much as possible.

“Hyung I heard the phone” Taemin said walking down the stairs with a worried face “What happens?”

“It was Jessica” he replied “She said Krystal is missing”

“BWOH?!” Taemin seemed really shocked and worried about his best friend “Aish that girl. She has everybody worrying about her”

“Let’s go to Sica’s house and help her” Donghae said

“Ok”

…………………………………………………

Krystal was walking in the almost empty street when she finally arrived to the place she wanted. She just wished they would accept her in the house just for a few days. She went on the elevator and found a guy in front of the house that was next to her friend’s house.

“Annyeonghaesyo” he said politely “Lee Jinki imnida”

“Annyeonghaseyo” she said uninterested “Jung Soojung imnida”

“Are you looking for the Chois?” he asked with a friendly smile

“Neh” she said

“I think Sooyoung and Siwon hyung aren’t home” he said scratching his head confused “Just Sulli ssi and Minho ssi”

“Oh it doesn’t matter, I came to see Sulli” Krystal said smiling. She was relieved to know that Sulli’s older siblings weren’t home because they were kind of scary. “Thanks and nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too” he said with a dorky smile and left to the elevator

She knocked on the door nervously and unluckily for her, Minho opened the door.

“Jung Krystal” he said remembering her name “What brings you here at 9.00 pm and what with those bags?” he said exceptically looking at his watch

“Is Sulli home?” she asked ignoring the question

“I’m right here” she said when she suddenly appeared “Please excuse my impolite oppa and come in”

“Thanks Sulli ssi” she said entering the house and Minho followed

“What brings you here?” Sulli asked

“I want to ask you for a favor” Kyrstal said hesitantly “Can I stay here? Just for a few days…”

“Well…” Sulli was thinking about it “That’s something you have to talk with Siwon oppa and Sooyoung unnie, they make the decisions here”

Krystal felt defeated when she heard that.

“Does your sister now about this?” Sulli asked with curiosity

“Mmmm…” she was now nervous and hesitated before answering “No”

Minho and Sulli exchanged glances; they were both surprised to hear that.

“Why didn’t you tell her?” Sulli asked trying to understand

“Because…” she hesitated before explaining “We’re having some problems, that’s why I don’t want her to know”

“That’s selfish” Minho said in a cold way which surprised both Sulli and Krystal, he never acted thay way

“I didn’t ask for your opinion” Kyrstal said in a mad tone and there was an awkward atmosphere.

“I think I’m gonna go to prepare some snacks” Sulli excused herself and went to the kitchen. There she couldn’t hear them and they couldn’t hear her either. She grabbed the phone shaking. She knew she was betraying her friend, but it was the right thing to do.

She dialed Taemin’s number. She knew that he cared about Krystal and even though she was jealous of them, she knew that it was the best to tell him that she was there.

“Yeoboseyo?”her heart started racing really fast when she heard the voice of Taemin on the other line

“Oppa? I’m Sulli…”she said nervously and Taemin sighed

“Sulli ssi, I don’t have time to talk now”he said kind of annoyed

“I know where Krystal is”she said “She is here in my house…”

Meanwhile in the living room, Krystal was sending death glances to Minho, who juts ignoring her. He was really pissed off by Krystal’s childish attitude. He never imagine she was like that.

“You are worrying your sister” he said out of the blue breaking the uncomfortable silence

“And why do you care?!” she asked annoyed

“Because I have siblings too, I know how it feels when someone is missing” Minho said and Krystal didn’t know what to say. Deep inside she knew he was right but she was still mad at her sister.

“She took away from me the love of the person I love!” she yelled and Minho’s eyes widened

“Did she really did that?” he asked surprised

“I like my sister’s best friend but he only cares about her and she loves him back!” she explained and now Minho understood everything. Kyrstal was being really selfish.

“That’s childish and selfish!” he yelled at her “If you really loved him and your sister, you would let them be happy”

“I told you because I thought you would understand me!” Krystal complained

“You’re losing your sister just because you are obsessed with some boy?” he asked in high tone “If I were in the same situation as you with my hyung, I would give up my love for his happiness”

“When you love someone you have to fight for that person!” Krystal said

“But if that person doesn’t love you back and loves someone else, you can only wish for that person’s happiness” he said as if he was in that same situation. He was, kind of because he loved Seohyun but she loved someone else. “Don’t lose your sister just for a stupid obsession”

Krystal was speechless after what Minho said; she knew that he was right. She really didn’t know if what she felt for Donghae was real love. For the first time in her life, she felt like she didn’t want to lose her sister.

“Aren’t you being too harsh on a person you’ve just met twice?” Krystal asked in sad tone and Minho smirked

“You know I’m right don’t you?” he said but Krystal didn’t say anything.

…………………………………………..

Yoona arrived home at about 7.00 pm and was surprised to see there was almost no one there. Usually she would find her mom reading a magazine or her dad on his office, but they weren’t home. His uncle wasn’t home either.

“Mrs. Kim, aren’t my parents home?” she asked the maid

“No miss, they had to go on a business trip” she answered

“And my uncle isn’t home either?” she asked surprised to hear the news

“He said he will come home late tonight” Mrs. Kim explained

“I see” Yoona said. It was perfect, now she had the house for her own. Now was her opportunity to search for something that could prove his father innocence.“Mrs. Kim, do you know where the keys of my father’s office are?”

Mrs. Kim was suspicious about why Yoona had asked her about the keys but didn’t say anything. She had known her since she was a little baby and she really cared about her. Mrs. Kim was the maid that had more years working in the Im house. She was really nice and everybody trusted and loved her.

“I have a copy of the keys right here” Mrs. Kim said handing the keys to Yoona. “Why do you want them?

“Erhhmmm” Yoona didn’t know what to say but then came up with an idea “I lost something in his office and I want to find it”

“Ok” she just said “But after you finish, please hand them back to me”

“Arasso” Yoona said with a big grin “Mrs. Kim, can I ask you a favor?”

“Anything you want my dear” she said

“Please don’t tell my parents that I asked for the keys” she said and Mrs. Kim smiled.

“Don’t worry” she said and left.

Yoona sighed relieved and went straight to her father’s office that was in the second floor. Her heart was racing really fast while she was opening the door. It was the first time that she was in there alone. She almost never entered that room and she did, it was always with her father or her uncle.

The room was big and dark. She didn’t know where to start. She approached to her father’s desk but it was locked. Yoona hit her forehead. She knew that her father wouldn’t have a copy of his desk’s key. The she went to his uncle’s desk. Locked again.

“Think Yoona” she said to herself “A murderer wouldn’t hide proves of his crime in an office that he shares with his brother”

She decided to give up on her research when she heard footsteps. In a rush, she decided to hide herself behind the book’s shelf. Her heart started beating so fast that she thought that that person could hear them too.

“Is anybody there?” she heard to voice of her uncle entering the room “Maybe he didn’t lock the door. He’s a babo, what if someone comes in out of curiosity”

He took a key out of his pocket and opened the drawer of his desk. Yoona saw him when he took an old book that seemed to be a journal.  

“I have to hide this somewhere else” he said to himself. "I don't want him to discover my secret"

 He approached to the book shelf and Yoona gasped but immediately covered . Unfortunately, he saw her.

“YOONA?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”