Chapter 23: Discovering the truth

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 23:  Discovering the truth

After their conversation, Yoona and Siwon didn’t share a single word during the rest of the classes. They were both upset and didn’t to talk to anyone else either.

During lunch, Yoona was sitting with Jessica, Yuri, Donghae and Taecyeon while Siwon was sitting with Sooyoung and Minho.

“Oppa, what’s with your upset face?” Sooyoung asked her brother

“Yoona finally discovered that…” he paused before  “Her father is the murderer”

His words sounded bitter but neither Sooyoung nor Minho was surprised by what he said.

“Bro you knew this since the beginning” Minho said “I don’t understand why you are so upset”

“Because I was starting to believe that her uncle was guilty” Siwon said “But he is not”

“It’s time to face the truth” Sooyoung said and Siwon just nodded

Meanwhile in Yoona’s table, everybody was quiet even Jessica and Donghae, who were just talking to each other. Taecyeon was the only one who knew what was happening between yoona and Siwon and he didn’t ask for more information. Yuri was tired of the at the atmosphere decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

“Yoona, are you going to tell us what happens to you?” Yuri asked and Yoona looked up surprised

“What do you mean?” she asked

“Yoong, we know you” Jessica said with a worried face “You are worrying about something”

“Yeah, your face cannot fool us” Donghae added

She sighed and looked at them.

“Just don’t jump into conclusions after I tell you” she said and they nodded. Yoona started to tell them all the story and they listened carefully with their mouths wide open.

“I really cannot believe Siwon would be like that” Donghae said in disbelief

“I cannot believe that your father is… you know” Yuri said

“This is all crap” Jessica said and everybody look at her confused “I really think your creepy uncle is hiding something”

“I agree with Jessica” Taecyeon said “After you told us how he was acting, I still think he is suspicious”

“But the journal says everything” Yoona said giving up

“You said your uncle saw you in his office when he had it” Jessica said and Yoona nodded “Then you found it easily in his room”

“So you think I shouldn’t believe what it says?” she asked

“Exactly” Jessica said

“Yeah it was too easy to find it” Taecyeon said “I know it’s some kind of trick of your uncle”

……………………………………………..

After classes, Siwon went to the Im company to the see Mr. Im. Finally he was going to face the man that killed his parents. He was trying to hold his anger but he couldn’t. He didn’t know if he would be able to control himself in front of him.

When he arrived, he waited outside his office. His nerves were killing him and he couldn’t help but feel really imapatient.

“Mr. Choi Siwon?” the secretary asked him

“Yes, it’s me” he answered

“Mr. Im says you can go in now” she said and he nodded.

His heart started beating faster ans his hands were sweating. What was he going to tell that man? How was he going to face him?

He took a deep breath and entered the room.

“Siwon ssi, I was expecting you” he said with a wide grin “I talked to the rest of the members and they…”

“Before you continue” he interrupted his statement in a really cold way “There are some things I need to talk to you”

“What do you mean?” he asked annoyed at his attitude

“I know you kill my parents!” he said with anger “Just admit it!”

Mr. Im eyes opened widely and he gasped.

…………………………………………………….

Yoona went home still thinking about what Jessica and Taecyeon said. They were kind of right but she didn’t have proves that his uncle was lying either. She was afraid that Siwon could do something stupid.

While walking to her room, she saw that the door of her uncle’s room was half opened. She approached there an eaves drop a conversation he was having. He was laughing so hard and it sound so creepy.

“She actually found it” he was saying while laughing “Yeah now she belives my hyung did it… That fake journal really worked, thanks for the help…”

“Of course he didn’t do it, I did…  He is a chicken, he isn’t brave enough to fight for his rights… I had to solve his problems… I had to get rid of the Chois”

Yoona gasped when she heard her uncle talking like that.  She couldn’t hold her tears.

“How could I be so stupid to believe that” she said to herself

She ran and her uncle heard her footsteps. Yoona decided to go to her father’s company to stop Siwon from doing something wrong and to tell them all the truth.

“Damn this girl” he cursed and walked out of his room “WAIT THERE!”

He yelled and Yoona felt chills running down her spine but she didn’t listen. She ran out of the house and her uncle followed her. She could have taken a taxi but she didn’t want to be stuck in the traffic jam so she decided to run.

Her uncle was obviously not as fit as her so he took his car and went after Yoona.

…………………………………………..

“Why don’t you say something?!” Siwon yelled loudly

“I really don’t know what are you talking about” Mr. Im said “I didn’t kill the Chois”

“Don’t lie anymore” Siwon said angrily and holding back his tears “Your brother has a journal that points you as the murderer of my parents!”

“Then it’s fake” he said without hesitating “I would never kill anyone”

“I don’t believe you!” he said

“Then what are you going to do?” he asked “Kill me?”

“Wish I could” he said “But I’m not like you, you deserve to go to jail”

“I didn’t kill anyone!” he yelled again

“You hated my father, I know that” Siwon said

“I won’t deny that” he said “I hated Shinwoon because he was better than me but I would never kill him. We worked together to save this company”

Siwon couldn’t help his anger and listening to him denying everything made him even angrier. He went to were he was sitting and grabbed his collarbone.

“Siwon wait!” someone yelled from the door. Siwon let go of him and saw Yoona in the door. She was running out of breath.

“Yoona, you know him?” her father asked in disbelief

“That’s not why I came” she said taking a deep breath. Her lungs were burning “The journal was fake, it was a trick of my uncle”

“WHAT?!” he asked “How do you know that?”

“I eaves drop a conversation he was having with someone” Yoona said “He admitted it, he did it!”

Siwon was speechless and felt even angrier than before. Yoona didn’t know what to say because it was she felt guilty for telling him everything without being sure.

“I HAVE TO SEARCH FOR THAT BASTARD!” he rushed outside when suddenly someone barged in and pointed a gun at Siwon.

“Very brave, young man” he said with an evil grim

“You killed my parents!” he yelled at him and he laughed

“And it took you 15 years to find that out” he said

“YONGHWA STOP IT!” his brother yelled at him “I can’t believe you tried to blame me of your crime”

“You shut up!” he said “I did it because you weren’t brave enough to fight for you rights!”

“Uncle please let him!” Yoona pleaded

“YOU SHUT UP TOO!” he yelled this time pointing the gun at her “This is all your fault!”

“If you don’t let that gun down, I’m gonna call the police” Mr. Im threatened his brother

“Too late” he said grabbing Yoona and pointing the gun at her head. She shouted and covered with his other hand “Too bad you will never see your beloved daughter again. And for you Choi, we still have some things to solve”

He said and took Yoona out while poiting the gun at her head. Siwon didn’t think it twice and followed them outside.

“If you follow me, I’m gonna kill her” he yelled and left. Siwon felt useless at that moment just watching how that man was taking Yoona away.