Chapter 16: Heart break

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 16: Heart break

As days passed, Krystal was still really mad at Jessica and wouldn’t talk to her. Jessica tried everything to make her understand but she was really upset. That morning, Donghae decided not to go to the Jung residence to pick them up because it would make things worse. Jessica didn’t speak to him during the weekend since the day of the incident and he was still waiting for a reply.

“Krys… talk to me please” Jessica insisted

“I don’t talk to traitors” Krys said coldly and continued eating her breakfast

“I’m not with Hae, I swear” Jessica said, Krystal just sent an icy glance to her sister and continued ignoring her. She knew that her sister wasn’t with Donghae but she couldn’t accept the idea that he loved Jessica and not her.

Jessica just sighed and held back her tears. She was going to reject Donghae’s love even though it hurt. She wished they could be friends like before but she knew that everything was going to be different from that day on.

………………………..

Taemin was worried about his brother because he wasn’t eating his breakfast as always, he was just playing with the cereals.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin asked him

“No” Donghae said and sighed

“What happened?” he was afraid to know the answer but he asked

“It’s Jessica” he started “I confessed my love to her and she doesn’t seem to return my feelings”

“BWOH?” Taemin was surprised to hear that “You finally confessed your love to Jessica noona?! UNBELIEVABLE!”

“Well I shouldn’t have, now I’m gonna lose her friendship if she doesn’t feel the same way”

“I’m sure she loves you” Taemin said. Donghae didn’t say anything, he just sighed. “By the way, aren’t you going to pick them up?”

“Not today” he said “Krystal is mad at me and Jessica”

“There’s no way in hell that Krystal Jung would be mad at you” Taemin said and then regretted having said that because Donghae looked at him in a strange way.

“What did you mean?” Donghae asked confused

“If I tell you, she’ll kill me” Taemin gulped at the idea of Krystal being mad at him and killing him

“She’s not going to kill her best friend” Donghae said “Now tell me, I’m your hyung”

“If she asks, don’t say I told you” Taemin said scared

“Just say it” Donghae demanded

“Well Krystal… is totally in love with you” Taemin said really fast but Hae understood

“What?!” he asked shocked

“I can’t believe you didn’t know”

“I just thought it was admiration or a temporarily crush but I never imagine she loved me”

“She is more like obsessed with you” Taemin explained

“Now everything makes sense”

After their little conversation, Donghae headed out to the university. She needed to talk to Jessica so badly. Luckily when he arrived, he saw that she was alone. If Yoona and Yuri had been there, he wouldn’t have been able to talk her.

“Sica!” he called and she turned to face him

“Hi oppa” she said and sounded sad. The atmosphere was filled with an uncomfortable silence.

“This is akward” he said “Things had never been like this before”

“Yeah” she agreed

“I can still wait for your answer, Sica” he said looking straight into her eyes

She felt her heart beating so fast.

“Anniyo” she said and sighed. “I’m sorry oppa but I cannot accept your feelings for me”

She looked down and was about to cry but she fought the tears. Donghae was sad but he kind of knew he was going to be rejected.

“Answer something, but be sincere” Donghae said and Jessica just nodded “Do you love me?”

“Neh…” she said and now she was crying, enough of trying to be strong

“Then why don’t you accept me?”

“It’s…” she hesitated, she couldn’t tell him about her sister “Something I cannot tell you”

“Is it because of Krystal?!” he asked. Now he was mad at that brat. He wouldn’t accept losing his love just because of a spoiled brat that was obsessed with him.

Jessica didn’t answer but he could tell by her look that he was right.

“I’m sorry for her but she’ll had to understand that the world doesn’t spin around her” he said “I’m gonna fight for you Jessica Jung and I won’t let you little sister break us apart”

…………………………………..

Yoona was a little bit more relieved after she and Siwon had talked but she had a bad feeling. She felt that something was going to happen that day.

She walked around the school searching for him, she felt like she needed to talk to her boyfriend because something wasn’t all right.

Siwon was also looking for Yoona. He was really sad because he didn’t want things to end but they had to. He never imagined that he would fall in love with the person he was supposed to hate.

After walking around the corridors for a while, he finally saw her. She smiled but seemed sad.

“Hi oppa” she said in a low

“Hi Yoong” he said “I need to talk to you”

“I kind of felt that something like this would happen” she said

“Yoona…” he didn’t want to say it, but it shouldn’t last longer “We have to break up”

Yoona suddenly started crying silently. Now she knew what her bad feeling was about. He couldn’t stand seeing her cry but now he couldn’t do anything to fix it, it had to end.

“Why?” she asked in a low voice

 “Please don’t cry” he said softly “We can’t be together”

“Why can’t we be together!” she asked in tears “You said you loved me…”

“And I do” he said trying to be strong “But you have to hate me”

Yoona didn’t understand why Siwon was saying those things and she was confused. Why would he ask her to hate him?

“Why would I hate someone I love?” she asked

Siwon felt a pain in his heart. Sooyoung was right, whatever he did would hurt Yoona anyway. If he had stayed away from her since the beginning, they wouldn’t have suffered so much.

“You shouldn’t love me” he said

“I want to know why you are acting like this” she said with a determined voice

Siwon had thought it for a long time and he decided that he wasn’t going to keep secrets from her anymore. He was going to tell her all the truth and that would make things easier. That way she would hate him. The only problem was that she could tell everything to his father…

He sighed. He had to do it, there was no turning back.

“I don’t know if you would believe me but I’m going to tell you all the truth