Chapter 22: Goodbye

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 22: Goodbye

Yoona’s POV

 

July 17th1995

I can’t believe what happened today. Now it is all over the news but no one knows who the culprit is. The Chois are death, someone killed them and that someone is my brother.

 

“This can’t be true” I immediately closed it and tears started falling. I changed the page and read more.

 

July 19th1995

He has the knife hidden somewhere but I don’t know where. He won’t admit he did it, but I know he did. His face shows guilt.

 

It can’t be true, my father cannot be a murderer. I couldn’t stop the tears from falling and I ran away from my uncle’s bedroom. My heart ached. All this time I believed that he was a nice man but he was a murderer.

How did my uncle know that my father was the murderer? I still don’t want to believe that he did it. Now how am I going to face Siwon? How can I tell him that my father killed his parents?

I locked myself in my room again. What am I going to do? I was still thinking when suddenly my phone rang. I saw de ID… I felt my heart beating faster when I read his name.

“Oh god is Siwon…” I didn’t know what to do. Should I answer it?

End of Yoona’s POV

……………………………………………………

Siwon’s POV

I was wondering what Yoona could be doing. She had been acting so strange lately and I’m pretty sure she’s up to something.

I picked up my phone and hesitated before dialing but then I decided to call. My heart was jumping so fast that I could even hear my heart beats. She was taking too long to answer.

“Yeoboseyo?” Finally, she answered but sounded different. As if she had been crying

“Yoona have you been crying?” I asked worried

“Did you call to ask that?” she asked

“Anniyo, I was just worried about you” I said. Damn you Siwon. Did you forget you are not her boyfriend anymore?

“I’m ok” she said but I knew she was lying, she still sounded sad

“I know you’re lying” I said and she giggled “Is there something you don’t want to tell me?”

I heard her sighing and I could swear some tears were falling down her beautiful eyes.

“Actually…” she sounded insecure “There’s something important I need to tell you”

“Ok, you know you can tell me anything” I reassured her

“But not by phone” she said “Let’s talk tomorrow, bye”

She hung up. She was acting really coldly towards me and it hurt. But, what else could I expect? I sighed and went to bed. No sleeping for me this night, I guess.

End of Siwon’s POV

………………………………………….

Normal POV

Siwon rushed that morning to the university and that surprised Sooyoung and Minho, who were left behind.

“And now what bug bit him?” Minho asked

“I don’t know” Sooyoung said and the two of them rushed to follow their older brother.

Yoona arrived at the university but was still unsure if it was a good idea to talk to him or not. When she saw him, she felt really nervous and tried to run away. She turned around and was about to run when she felt someone grabbing her arm. Holy crap, he caught her.

“You were not trying to escape from me, were you?” he asked

“Hmmm….” Words wouldn’t come out of

“You can tell me now” she said expecting her to explain everything

“Maybe this is not the right time” Yoona said avoiding eye contact with him. To her surprise, he held her head with his hands and made her face him. That gave her goosebumps and blushed. Even though they broke up, she still felt nervous everytime he was near her.

“Even if it’s really bad, it’s better if you tell me now” he said softly

Siwon let go of her and she looked down. Yoona sighed trying to hold back her tears. She still couldn’t believe that her father could be a murderer and she didn’t know how to explain everything to Siwon.

“I think I should tell you after classes” she said not looking into his eyes

“I have a meeting with your father after classes” he said and Yoona gasped.

This is really bad, if I tell him now I don’t know what he can do later to my father- she thought

“Then let’s talk after your meeting”she said trying to escape again but Siwon didn’t let her go.

“Im Yoona, what are you hiding?” he asked

“If I tell you, please promise me you won’t do something stupid” she said

Siwon thought about it for a while. How bad could it be for her to ask him that? But he accepted.

“Ok, I promise” he said and Yoona sighed a little bit relieved.

“I found my uncle’s journal” she said and Siwon’s eyes were wide open

“And?” he urged to know more

“There it says that the murderer is…” she doubted before continuing. Yoona felt that Siwon was already really mad and she was right. “My dad”

Siwon stood there speechless. For 15 years he believed her father was the murderer but he never felt the way he was feeling at that moment. He wanted to believe that those words weren’t right. He was angrier than before also.

“Is he sure that he is the murderer?” Siwon asked with a tough voice

“He doesn’t have proves” Yoona tried to calm him down “But he states that my father is the one who killed the Chois”

Siwon hit the wall which made Yoona jump frightened. She had never seen him acting so violently.

“I sorry Yoona, but I have to get my revenge” he said and tears were forming in his eyes

“Siwon…” she said worried about him and her father “You promised you wouldn’t do anything stupid”

“I know and I don’t usually break promises” he said “But this is different”

“What are you planning to do?” she asked him scared to know the answer

“I will face him and make him confess” he said with bitterness “And then he’ll go to jail”

Yoona didn’t know what to say or to do. She knew that if her father was a murderer. He should go to jail but she didn’t want him to. Tears started falling from eyes because it was too much for her to handle. It was the man she loved or her father. Now she knew that her love for Siwon was impossible.

“I know I cannot tell you not to do it” Yoona said “But please don’t do anything that can hurt you or him”

“As much as I want to kill him with my own hands, I won’t” he said “I’m not like him”

“So this means the end of us” Yoona said in tears

“Yes” he said holding back his feelings “Goodbye forever Yoona”