Chapter 17: Truth

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 17: Truth

“I don’t know if you would believe me but I’m going to tell you all the truth” Siwon finally said.

“I’ll listen” Yoona said with a serious face. They both walked silently to a place where they could talk without interruptions. Yoona took a seat in a bench but Siwon stayed up.

Siwon sighed. This confession would decide his future.

“Remember I told you that my parents died?” he asked holding back his tears

“Neh…” she said in a low voice. She knew it hurt him to talk about his parents

“Well, actually they were killed” he said with anger in his voice and Yoona gasped surprised. She wanted so badly to run to his arms and hug him but she couldn’t. “A man with no heart killed them in front of my eyes”

“I’m sorry to hear that…” she said with a shaky voice “But… what does that has to do with me?”

Siwon looked at her confused eyes and hesitated to tell her truth, but as she was waiting for an answer he couldn’t hide it anymore.

“I believe that man…” he started “It’s your father”

“WHAT?” she asked shocked and sounded really mad “What makes you think he did it?!”

“After he killed them he ran away and didn’t see me and her dropped this…” he said showing her the card with his father’s name. Yoona’s eyes were wide open, she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“This doesn’t prove anything…” she said

“I heard them talking” Siwon said, his words were bitter “They said Mr. Im”

“I can’t believe that my father is murderer…” she said with shaky voice. She couldn’t help it and started to cry. She was really confused. It was really hard to believe that his beloved appa was a killer but Siwon’s words sounded sincere…

“I won’t ask you to believe me instead of him” Siwon said with a sad voice “I just wanted you to know all the truth”

“So that’s why you came back?” she asked with a serious look “To get revenge?”

“Neh” he said not ashamed

Yoona’s expression suddenly changed, she looked hurt.

“So you just used me…” she said in tears. Her heart sank at idea of him being with her just to get closer to his revenge.

“NO!” he yelled trying to explain “At first I became close to you for information… but later… I fell in love with you, really. I know I shouldn’t love you, but i do.”

She believed in his words, she didn’t know why.  It was a mistake to be in love with a guy who wanted to hurt his father but at the same time it was wrong to have her loyalty on someone who was murderer… was he really a murderer? She was more than confused now.

“I… don’t know what to say…” she said “You are seeking for revenge… against my father…”

“I’m not trying to put you against him” Siwon said “But after what I told you, we can’t be together”

“I know…” she said with a big pain in her heart. She knew now that they couldn’t be together until he figured out all the truth. But if her father turned out to be the murderer, their relationship would be impossible.

“I know it’s selfish but please don’t say anything to him yet” he said “Until I find all the truth”

……………………………………………………………

“THAT YOU DID WHAT?!” Sooyoung asked in disbelief after Siwon told his siblings about his conversation with Yoona. They looked at him shocked with the news and they couldn’t believe that their older brother had spoiled 15 years of plans just for love.

“I told her all the truth” Siwon said

“Isn’t she going to tell everything to his father?” Minho asked discouraged

“I told her not to” he replied “But what she does is up to her”

“I can’t believe you did it!” Sooyoung scolded him “Now our plan is screwed”

“I couldn’t hide the truth anymore” Siwon said “It would have hurt her”

Sulli sighed. She wanted to understand her brother but deep inside her heart, she knew that what he had done was wrong.

“You chose the wrong person to fall in love with” Sulli said

“I didn’t choose to fall for her…” he said really sad

“Guys…” Minho said breaking the mood “Have you ever wondered what if that man isn’t the real murderer?”

The room was filled with silence, until Siwon broke it.

“I’ve think about that too” he said

“Is it that you want to believe that Yoona’s father is not guilty?” Sooyoung asked

“Maybe…” Siwon admitted “But I think he is not the only suspect”

“What do you mean?” Sulli asked confused

“Well I heard them mention Mr. Im…” Siwon said “But as far as I’m concerned, he has a brother”

The three of them looked surprised.

“Oppa” Sooyoung said “How will things change between you and Yoona if you find out that the real murderer is his uncle and not his father?”

…………………………………………………………..

Taecyeon had invited Taeyeon out on dinner and she finally agreed. They went to a fancy restaurant an ordered they favorite meals. Everything was perfect and they were really happy. Taec couldn’t believe that he was finally having a date with Kim Taeyeon. He was about to say something when his phone started to rang. He apologized and answered.

“Yeoboseyo?”he said

“Taec…”he could heard Yoona’s sad voice and felt worried

“Yoona? Are you ok?”he asked

“No”she said “Am I interrupting something?”

“I’m on a date with Taeng but don’t worry you can tell me anything”he said

“Oh”she said feeling bad for interrupting “I’m sorry I didn’t know, it’s just I didn’t know who to call”

“You can count on me Yoong”he said softly “Tell me”

“I should hang up, it’s not something I can tell you by phone”she said

“Then I’ll go”he said and Taeyeon looked surprised

“No, you shouldn’t miss this opportunity with Taeng”she said “Don’t you dare to leave Taeng!”

“You need me”Taec insisted“I’ll go, bye”

Taecyeon hung up his phone and looked apologetically to Taeyeon.

“I’m sorry, but it’s really important” he said and she looked sad

“Don’t worry” she said “I understand, she’s your best friend”

“Yes” he said “I promise we will finish this someday”

“I don’t think we should do that” she said with a weak voice

“Why?” he asked confused

“Look Taec, I’ve always liked you but I never accepted to date you because Yoona is always the first one in your heart and that haven’t changed. I really understand that she is best friend but I think I can’t handle this, sorry” she said with a really sad voice

“Taengo…” Taec felt bad for doing this to her

“Don’t worry about me” she said trying to cheer up “Yoona needs you now more than I do”

“I’m really sorry” he said sincerely “But this isn’t over”

He paid the bill and then left running to Yoona’s place. He arrived in about 20 minutes and knocked the door. Yoona opened it and was surprised to see his best friend standing there. Taecyeon was worried when he noticed she had been crying.

“YAH Ok Taecyeon, I told not to leave Taeng!” she scolded

“You said you needed to talk” he said entering the house “I’m here”

Yoona sighed.

“Thanks” she said with a sad voice“It’s a really long story”

“DID THAT JERK DO SOMETHING TO YOU?!” Taecyeon yelled

“Calm down please” she said “And don’t call Siwon a jerk!”

“Ouch, you are still on his side?” he asked hurt

Yoona explained everything to Taecyeon with all the details and he listened with completely surprised to hear all the truth. Deep inside his heart, he wanted to punch Siwon. He knew he had something that couldn’t be trusted and now he understood. But he couldn’t do anything because he knew Yoona still loved him.

“And I thought my life was hard” he joked “Aren’t you going to tell your father?” he asked

“Not yet” she said “Not until I find out all the truth”

“You?” he asked surprised

“Neh” she said determined “This thing involves my family so I won’t let Siwon do this on his own”