Chapter 3: Let's be friends

Love is sweeter than revenge

Chapter 3: Let’s be friends

Siwon went to bed very early that night, but he couldn’t even close his eyes. He was wondering if it was a good idea to get involved with that girl. He wanted to hate her! But he couldn’t, that was the thing that made him angrier at himself. He said he didn’t want to get closer to her, but it was not true. It wasn’t a lie either. He didn’t want to get too close to her because he had liked her before knowing who she was.

Why? Why did she have to be the daughter of the man who killed his parents? He was so confused and he couldn’t sleep! Maybe it was jet lag or stress but he couldn’t even close his eyes and stop thinking about everything.

“You’re being weak, Siwon” he said to himself. No, he wasn’t going to think about her in that way again. He was going to hate her, he HAD TO. He would get closer to her, get the information of her father and finish with his revenge. End of the story.

……………………………….

(The next morning)

“Morning guys” Siwon said with a tired voice. It seemed like he hadn’t slept very well the previous night

“Morning hyung” Minho answered

“Are you ready?” Sooyoung asked

“Does it have to be today?” Siwon asked annoyed “You know you can’t make someone fall in love with you in one day”

“I didn’t mean that!” Sooyoung yelled “But you have to start as soon as possible”

“Yeah I will, don’t worry” he said “I already have something planned”

“Can we know what is it about?” Sulli asked

“Don’t be impatient” Siwon said “You’ll see”

………………………………………..

(Lee residence)

“Hyung, hurry up I need to use bathroom too!” Taemin yelled at his brother “You know, looking at the mirror won’t make you less ugly!”

“Shut up” Donghae said when he came out after taking a long shower

“Finally” Taemin celebrated “You take longer than a girl”

“At least I look decent” Donghae teased

“All you want is Jessica noona to like you, but you can’t make her like you more” Taemin said before entering to the bathroom and closing the door after him.

 Donghae felt kind of bad about his little brother comment but what Taemin actually meant was that he couldn’t make Jessica like him more than she already did. But Donghae didn’t understand it that way. Jessica liked him indeed but he didn’t see that.

He waited for his brother to come out of the bathroom to leave the house. An after 15 minutes or so, he came out.

“Aren’t we going to go and pick Sica noona and Krystal?” Taemin asked

“Of course” Donghae “But yesterday you didn’t want to go, why did you change your mind?”

“I just want to go!” Taemin said

“You like Krystal, don’t you?” Donghae teased his dongsaeng with a smirk in his face

“NO” Taemin said “I like Jessica noona”

Donghae looked confused and sent a death glance to his younger brother who started to laugh loudly holding his stomach.

“hahah, your face was HILARIOUS” Taemin said “I was just joking”

“If you continue bothering, I won’t let you use my car” Donghae said with a smirk. He got him

“Eh? Why hyung?!” his dongsaeng asked annoyed “Hyung, you sometimes can be really annoying”

“I know, that’s what older brothers are for”

“Yeah yeah, very funny” Taemin replied sarcastically “Let’s hurry before they leave without us”

……………………………………….

(Seoul University)

When Yoona arrived at the university she saw Jessica and Donghae talking comfortably. They were like little kids when they were together. She smiled at the sight of his friends. She didn’t know how they managed to hide their feelings from each other. She liked him; he liked her everyone knew except them!

“Sica, fishy” he called them. Donghae frowned; he didn’t like people calling him fishy.

“Hey! Don’t call me fishy” he complained

“I didn’t see you yesterday” Yoona said

“ Yeah we didn’t have the same classes”

Yuri came running towards like an excited little kid and jumped over Yoona and Sica.

“Good morning guys!” she said loudly

“Yul, can you talk a little bit less loud?” Donghae complained

“Don’t complain, fishy!” Yuri said

“I’ve told you for the 100thtime, DON’T CALL ME FISHY” he said

“I’m sorry Donghae oppa, but you will always be our fishy” Jessica said and Donghae sighed but then smiled at her best friend. He couldn’t fight against Jessica and that made Yuri and Yoona laugh.

“You silly interrupted me from what I was going to say!” Yuri told Donghae “Guess who asked me out…”

“Mmmm… Hangkyung oppa?” Yoona said

“Jaejoong oppa?” Jessica asked

“A complete stranger?” Donghae asked

“No” she said to all of them “Nichkhun oppa!!”

“Wait, what?” Donghae asked confused “Isn’t Horvejkul dating Victoria?”

“He said they broke up” Yul said “I’m so excited”

“And you believed him?” Jessica asked

“Why not?!” Yul asked “He can’t be cheating on her”

“Oh Yul you have to be sure that they have already broken up before dating him” Yoona said

“I think you’re right, I’m gonna spy on him” the three of them looked confused at her last statement but whatever happened they wouldn’t let Nichkhun hurt her.

…………………………………………………..

Siwon was walking to get to his first class when he saw Yoona talking with some friends. The other brunette he had seen in the calculus class, a blonde girl he had also seen the previous day talking to her and one guy. He decided that the best way to get to her, was to be friend with her friends so he approached to them.

“Hi, Yoona” Siwon said with his nicest smile and she smiled back almost forgetting about the conversation with her friends.

“Hi Siwon oppa” she answered a little bit nervous. Even though they were the same age, he was some months older than her. She didn’t know it but she called him oppa anyway.

“So… Yoong” Yuri interrupted “You haven’t presented us to your new friend”

“I’m Choi Siwon” he said “The guy who accidentally took Yoona’s book”

“Ah, now I know who you are” Yul said with a big grin “I’m Kwon Yuri”

“Hi, I’m Lee Donghae” the guy said and he shook his hand

“My name is Jung Jessica” the blonde girl said

“Hi everybody, nice to meet you” Siwon replied

“Omona I think I’m going to be late for my class!” Yuri said “See you later guys”

She ran away as fast as she could and she almost trip but fortunately she didn’t. Donghae sighed

“What a clumsy girl” he said

“Don’t be too harsh on her” Jessica said laughing “Donghae oppa I think we’re going to be late too!”

“Let’s go” he said looking at his watch and then holding Jessica’s arm. He dragged her to their class and Yoona just smiled.

“Are they dating?” Siwon asked Yoona

“Unfortunately no” Yoona answered and looked at him. She felt a little jealous by the idea of him liking her best friend. It was crazy because they barely knew each other but she felt that way, “Why? You like Jessica?”

Siwon laughed and then looked at her. Pretending to be her friend wasn’t as hard as he thought and he was having fun, but he wouldn’t admit it. Everything was working well and he didn’t need to fake all the time.

“She’s beautiful but she’s not my type” Siwon said

Yoona smiled relieved. She looked at her watch and knew she was going to be late. She cursed the time for not letting her spend more time with him.

“I have to go” she said and she was about to leave when she felt a soft grip in her wrist

“Hmm Yoona I know we barely know each other but I want to get to know you more” Siwon said with a big not so faked grin “Let’s be friends”