Back to Love

Back to Love

The Confrontation

 

 

 

Jealously she hides
Her smile
Looks into the endless skies
And green is the colour
Of her eyes ...
Green is the colour
Of her eyes...

--Green is the colour, The Coral

 

 

 

Just in silence, feeling my heart breaking

Echoes from my heart, shouting and crying

A heart that is slowly sinking in the sea of pain

Looking for a place where she could be free

Outburst of emotions she hides inside

Upon her green eyes that no one could find

Someday her heart will not cry again

 

 

 

I didn’t want wearing these green eyes for any longer. So what I did first thing in the morning when I arrived in school was to go straight to the classroom and wait for Yoona. I really wanted to task her about the scenario I’ve seen that weekend that kept on bugging me all the time. It was totally bothering me that I couldn’t focus on my works especially—studying.

 

 

Walking my errands, I at last saw her alone sitting inside our classroom, silently reading a book. My shoes made an annoying sound that caught her attention. Yoona looked up.

 

 

“You’re really…” I said, breaking the silence in the air.

 

 

“Oh, Jessica, good morning.” She greeted me back, made a smile and turned back her gaze to the book she was reading.

 

 

It was really early that I thought it would give us enough time talk about certain things. I didn’t want to be an unfaithful friend. But I didn’t want also to reach to a point where I will be acting hypocrite in front of her saying that I like her well in fact that I hate her. I didn’t want that to happen. I would like to be true to her—not just as a friend, but as a person to be respected.

 

 

“Good morning too.” I replied as I sat to my sit that was before her. After greeting each other, we remained speechless. I was fiddling my fingers, feeling uneasy and serious. I didn’t know how to make an approach to her that it wouldn’t sound so offensive.

 

 

“Yoona, can I disturb you for awhile? I just need to talk to you about something.” I uttered, carrying a little self-confidence in the sea of nervousness that would drown me any time.

 

 

“Of course. About what, Jessica?” she said as wonderment appeared in her face.

 

 

“I just want to know if there’s something going on between you and Donghae?” I said very straight. I looked at her without blinking and later pivoted my gaze away, avoiding her stare.

 

 

“What do you mean?” she said, a little wrinkled in her forehead.

 

 

“I mean, if you like him?” I said, crossing my fingers. Hoping her answers turned out to be no.

 

 

“I noticed Donghae is such a nice guy…full of humour and very fun to be with. I think there’s no reason for me not like him.” She said, smiling.

 

 

I felt a little arrow shut my heart straight that I felt pain on my entire body. I wanted to run. I wanted to shout. But all I could do in front of her was to make a fake smile to hide the pain that was enveloping that moment.

 

 

“So, you like him?” I clarified.

 

 

“Yes. The very first time we met, I find myself attracted to him.” She said.

 

 

“Can you please not like him?” I said as I tried to ask her not to do so.

 

 

“Why should I not like him?” she said as she raised her brow.

 

 

“I—it’s because…because…”

 

 

“You know what, Jessica, if you’re only jealous, then I’m sorry. But I can’t do what you asked me to do. I can’t stop my heart from liking him. I’m sorry.” She bugged in as she closed the book she was reading.

 

 

“But why not?!” I exclaimed as jealousy pierced me inside.

 

 

“Because I like your friend and I want him to be my boyfriend.” She said in an inclemently way.

 

 

“I don’t know why you have to like him. But whatever you do, he’ll never be attracted to you.” I said as I stood up from my sit. I felt my face burning slowly from rage as I tried controlling my sudden emotion.

 

 

“You and Donghae, are just friends, right? You said that when you introduced us to each other. And besides, you have no right to say to me that because you’re just a friend. You’re not his girlfriend anyway. So, back off.” She said with crossed arms over her chest. Her lovely image turned into a which I couldn’t believe.

 

 

She was my only friend who back stabbed me after the good friendship I gave her.

 

 

“I treated you as a friend. Why you have to do this to me?” I said as a tear dropped down on my face.

 

 

“You’re such a jerk. Treat me like an angel and I’ll be your little devil.” She said as looked fiercely to me like devil. I saw annoyance in her eyes.

 

 

Without uttering a single word, I just turned out my back. I know I still have enough patience and respect for her. So, I just let it passed us by. And though the thought of her and Donghae being together crossed my mind, it makes my heart thumped thrice as faster as before.

 

 

After class, I saw Donghae standing in front of the school publication’s room. Seeing him from afar, I knew he was reading some articles that caught his attention. I tried coming near to him, but as I was ten feet away from him, Yoona entered the scene. She looked at me before staring at him. She wore a weird face when she looked at me. I knew right then that she was planning something out of my reach.

 

 

She waved sweetly to Donghae and patted him simply on his shoulder. I saw him outraged. She smiled and he did the same. I saw them walking away as Yoona’s hands were tangled around his arm.

 

 

“Look back, Hae. I’m here…” I whispered, thinking he could hear me.

 

 

I felt like I was under a cold shower—soaking my whole body with cold and dry water. I felt my heart crying again for the second time. I wanted to shout for his name so he could notice that I was just behind them, looking with jealous eyes. But it seemed like there were no words or sounds coming out from my mouth.

 

 

I ran away from them, stopping my eyes from releasing any single tear. I have to act strong. But how long should I act as strong as a bamboo? And as hard as a rock?

 

 

When classes finally ended, I decided to not wait for Donghae under the tree near the school gate where we used to wait each other after class. I realized to get used of being alone in everything I do though I used to do them with him—walking to school and to home, eating snack and lunch together, doing home works in our house, spending weekends together because not all the time I have him with me. There would come a certain point that we have to live our lives alone.

 

 

“Jessica…Jessica…” I heard him calling out my name. It was playing inside my head millions times that day. It was like I took drugs and the hallucinations got intense as I just not heard his voice but I also saw Donghae standing before me, breathless. I winked my eyes at the double and I still saw him there. I even scratched my eyes. He tapped me on my shoulder. And that’s when I realized that it was happening for real.

 

 

“Dong…hae…” I uttered as my lips shivered in surprise.

 

 

“I’m calling for you. But it seems you’re not in yourself.” He said, looking at me with a wrinkly forehead.

 

 

“Why are you here? I thought you’re with Yoona.” I said as I tilted my body away from him.

 

 

“Why do I have to be with Yoona? Are you giving me away to her?” He asked as he walked towards me. He tilted me to face him and cupped my face.

 

 

“I’m not giving you away.” I said as I bit my lower lip and shook my head.

 

 

“Then why think I am with her?” He asked.

 

 

“I—I just thought b—because I saw you with her outside the publication’s room after class.” I said as I lowered my gaze down to the ground.

 

 

Donghae cupped my face again. Our eyes met like it was always the first time. I felt sudden electricity running down my veins and he said, “He just asked me to teach her in math. That’s all. And before you think of if there’s something going on between us, I will clear any hunch that’s going on your mind. There’s nothing going on between us. We’re just plain friends. ”

 

 

“Are you sure that you and Yoona are only friends?” I queried, still a little doubtful despite the fact that he would really never do that to me. There was part of me who wanted to hear straight from him that he could only offered friendship to her.

 

 

“Yep. Only friends…nothing more, nothing less.” He said.

 

 

“Promise?” I said as I placed my pinky finger before me.

 

 

“I promise…” he said as he tangled his pinky finger to mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

I'm here for a new chapter of this story. I hope all of you would enjoy it. Leave your comments behind.^^,

By the way, I want to ask for something. I'm calling out talented and artistic people, frustrated graphic maker or not who are willing to share their talents with me. I wanted to ask for different chapter banners for this story. Don't worry; every banner you will send me will be surely used and I will promise to give proper credit. Send the link/s privately or privately in my AFF account.

I’m looking forward for your full cooperation.

Enjoy reading! ♥ ♥ ♥