BACK TO LOVE

Back to Love

 

Surprise beyond expectation

 

 

 

 

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.

-When you look me in the eyes, Jonas Brothers

 

 

 

The next morning, I chose to wake up early and spend early hours of errands under the presence of the glistening rays of the sun. By the sea side, I watched big and small waves dancing simultaneously like people swinging in an upbeat melody. How lovely they were before my eyes. The salty-smelled air touched me and rebuking my concerns. White sands under my feet caressed me as I trod. There, I found tranquillity and peace of mind for a short time.

 

 

I couldn’t hide the things that perplex my inner. My mind was still anxious with his sudden departure. Inside me, my heart was in the middle of fear and nervous. Fear of change that might take place between me and him over a long period of time that we were apart. Nervous of those miles away we unexpectedly lose sight of each other and found our selves living contentedly without us together.

 

 

I knew right then that I was becoming negatively affected with the occurrence. But right in the middle of deep thinking, I should remain positive.

 

 

Taking steps back to my cottage, I met my parents along the way. Grasping. I saw uneasiness in their faces as they tangled their arms around me.

 

 

Hearts filled with love

Hugs as warm as the sun

Meant awhile but not to last

 

 

“What’s wrong?” was all I asked as they held me tightly in their arms. My eyes grew big from the actions they were making.

 

 

“D—Donghae... He is….” Mom couldn’t put the exact words together. I felt she was in panic. I couldn’t help but wonder what was she exactly wanted to say. I forcefully break free from their arms. And I tried talking calmly to make communication cleared between the three of us.

 

 

“Breath in…Breath out…” I said, trying to calm down my mom. “What’s the matter?” I continued asking.

 

 

“Jess, everyone’s in panic early this morning as they couldn’t find Donghae.” Daddy said, informing me what was really wrong.

 

 

“Maybe he’s just in cottage.” I said, pretending calm.

 

 

“He’s not there. Actually, we saw him at the seaside…” Mom said, totally in distraught. From that moment, I felt my whole world shaking tremendously that in any moment I would break down. I didn’t wait for my mother to continue what she was saying. From her aura, I could see and I could feel—something wasn’t right…something bad happened to him.

 

 

So I ran quickly along the shore with my heart pounding so hard against my chest. I could feel the trembling of my knees. And I could feel the falling of my tears down my cheeks.

 

 

When I reached the seaside, I saw no one in particular. I walked through hoping my eyes could finally see him. Not far away, I saw a man standing facing my way. He was wearing that big smile on his face. I didn’t know how and what to react. But the man I was seeing was no other than—Donghae.

 

 

Yes, it was Donghae. Alive and kicking. And the image I was imagining inside my head was way too far from what I was witnessing. He waved back and then I stopped from taking errands. I started crying hard again. “How stupid of me thinking something bad happened to him. How stupid me of me thinking he was lying on the sand…breathless...” I whispered to myself as I wiped my river of tears.

 

 

I felt a gentle touch against my shoulder. I took a glance. There he was—standing before me, smiling. “Are you scared?” was the question vented out of his mouth.

 

 

“Of course I’m scared. How dare you do such drama huh?!” I yelled as I hugged him tightly just to release the tension enveloping me.

 

 

He hugged me back before making a distance between us. He cupped my face and looked deeply straight into my eyes and uttered, “I’m sorry if I make you scared. But this is all I could think the best way to make things done between us. You’ll be turning eighteen soon. And I’m sure I’m not here anymore for your special day. So, I’ll give my present to you in advance. Do you still remember when I asked you to wait for another six years when we were twelve?”

 

 

I rolled my eyes from right to left as I was in a deep thinking, recalling the exact day he said that to me. “Is it the night when daddy asked you several questions?” I said hesitantly as I scratched the right side of my head and then pouted my lips.

 

 

He looked at me seriously that it made me feel a little disappointed. I left a long sigh indicating that I was wrong. Yet after I sighed, he nodded and smiled. “That’s right” was the exact words he said.

 

 

“Yes!” I said as I clapped out of joy. “So, what’s with the six-years-thing, Hae?” I continued by asking him question.

 

 

“Back then I was a boy so attracted to you. For years we remained true to the pinky promise we made. We waited and waited patiently for our right time to come. You know that you’re the most precious lady to me. You’re the habit I couldn’t take away from me. You’re the medicine or the vice that keeps me high and alive…”

 

 

But before he could proceed with his poetic words, I intervened. “What are you saying?”

 

 

He never gave me answers instead he continued with what he was saying. “I’ve waited for this time to come. I want things between us to be official. So, are you willing to give your heart to me in exchange of mine?”

 

 

“Are you serious?” I said as I could hardly believe what I heard was right.

 

 

“I’m so serious with this. So, I hope you will answer me seriously, too…Will you be the queen of my heart?” he asked again as he kneeled down and laid his palm, waiting for my response.

 

 

“Yes…Yes…I’m the queen and you’re the king of my heart starting this day.” I said as I placed my palm in his palm. He quickly stood up, drew his face near to me that our forehead was glued together. We smiled as we said I love you in chorused.

 

 

With so much happiness in our heart, we finally kissed.

 

 

 

 

You and I filled with love

Lips sealed with kisses

Cherish above all things