BACK TO LOVE

Back to Love

 

 

Inside their loving hearts

 

 

 

Two weeks later…

 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV:

 

 

I was surprised when Jessica went to house yesterday.

 

 

I was surprised when he called out my name. But I was more surprised when Jessica smiled at me brightly as if nothing hurtful happened between us. And I thought that was a good start for us--to start anew. But I thought wrong. The moment I attempt to open up the issue again and patch up our relationship was the time she stopped me in doing so.

 

 

She told me that we must not bring back the past.

 

 

Past is past according to her. And I never understand why she stands firmly on that saying.

 

 

"What brought you here?" I asked, itching to know her purpose.

 

 

"I'm here to return this," she handed me a medium-sized box with a cd on top of it.

 

 

"What's this?"

 

 

"That are stuffs you gave me years ago. I carefully kept it...and now giving it back to you," she answered straight while I accepted it without knowing why I did it.

 

 

"These are all yours, I gave it to you. Why do you have to give it back to me?"

 

 

"Because I don't want to have any thing that would remind me of you. As much as possible, I don't want to see these things around me," those words arrowed my heart deeply.

 

 

"Why do you have to do this to me?" I queried tears about to fall.

 

 

"Don't ever think that I'm doing my revenge. I wouldn't do that to you..."

 

 

"Then why?"

 

 

"Because I want to distant myself from the pain you might cause me again. I don't want to end up hating you," she said as she turned around and walked to the door. "This might be the last time we will see each other," she continued.

 

 

"Why?" I asked, clueless. "Because I will be somewhere with Myungsoo." Those were her last words before she walked out and disappeared. My heart breaks. My tears came rushing. I'm hurt and deeply wounded but I deserved this because I'm such a heartless man, a cheater, and a liar. She didn't deserve someone like me. I didn't deserve her precious love, her honest heart. And though jealousy starts killing me, I never bothered running after her. I whole heartedly gave her freedom because I knew it would be the only best thing I can give her after everything bad I've done to her.

 

 

 

I played the cd on and the moment I heard the first song was the moment my heart crumbled into pieces. I never thought that the pain would be as searing as my hand being burnt.

 

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

I finally decided to be with Myungsoo in Paris. I accepted his invitation when he asked me to have a vacation with him for a month.

 

 

It would be a great help for me to recover from the pain.

 

 

It would be the start of my moving on process.

 

 

I might not ready for another relationship, but I'm ready to put back the smile on my face. I know that moving on wouldn't be easy, but as long as there's a friend who would help you to put back the crumbled pieces together, I believed it will be lighter.

 

 

It was hard to walk away and bid goodbye to your first love.

 

 

But it was time for me to stop and move on with my life without the man who used to stand by my side.

 

 

"Buddy, are you ready for the flight tomorrow? Are you done packing your things?" his questions slashed through my wandering brain. I'm lost for words.

 

 

"Come again. I didn't hear you clearly," I stuttered.

 

 

"I said if you're ready for the flight and if you're done packing your things."

 

 

"Ah,yeah...my bringing is ready for the trip. I'm actually excited," I said with a cheeky smile.

 

 

"That's good. By the way, how's Donghae?" he asked, changing the topic.

 

 

"Oh, him. He's fine." I replied, fidgeting my fingers.

 

 

"Did you two talk again?"

 

 

"Yeah, just a short conversation. I told him about our trip and finally bid goodbye." I plastered a smile when I turned around to face him--putting that I'm-fine-without-him-smile.

 

 

"Are you sure you're okay with your decision to leave him here?"

 

 

"Yes, besides Tiffany's here. He'll be okay without me--"

 

 

"How about you?"

 

 

"About me?" I creased my forehead.

 

 

"Yes, about you. Will you be okay without him?"

 

 

"I'll try."

 

 

 

MYUNGSOO’S POV:

 

 

I know I didn’t have the right to meddle between them. I know also that they are mature enough to deal with the problems. But seeing Jessica so lifeless like that my heart breaks.

 

 

I asked her to come with me to Paris…just for a month. I thought that this vacation would help her to think clearly and discover what really matters to her.

 

 

I wanted to offer my helping hands willingly to her. I’m not asking for anything in return. I just want to make her happy as before.

 

 

After my conversation to her, I have this feeling that she’s not really ready to end everything between them. I have this instinct that she hide what she truly feels to avoid further hurt. But what she was doing hurt her most. Why? Because she fools herself that she didn’t love him anymore, that what’s inside her is hate. She fools herself that after what he done to her; the spark of love in her heart was gone—totally gone.

 

 

I decided to talk to Donghae. I called him up early tonight to have few drinks with him. And I’m happy that he accepted my invitation.

 

 

He faced me calmly. His face looks serene.

 

 

“How’s Jessica?” that was his first words when we got seated.

 

 

I looked up to him. I still saw the love he has for her, burning passionately. “She’s fine. I think she’s asleep now. We have the earliest flight tomorrow,” I answered as I filled my shot glass with soju.

 

 

“Why we have to be in kind of situation, Myungsoo?” he asked me, I didn’t know what to say.

 

 

“Maybe it’s your destiny to face such problem to realize what really matters to you and to her,” I answered. Donghae’s face lit up.

 

 

“In years of relationship with her, I must say that this is the most heart-breaking problem we ever faced. I cheated on her. I lied to her. She caught me. I denied everything but later on, I admitted it.”

 

 

“That’s life. We have to go on such difficult times to learn our lessons that will help us go on with our lives,” I said.

 

 

He gulped hard and looked afar. I couldn’t read his mind. But I see in his eyes what he lost after Jessica chose to let him go.

 

 

“Do you really love Jessica?” I said, breaking the walls of silence between us.

 

 

He turned his eyes to me, his face changed. “Yes. I love her so much that when she chose to run away, my life becomes meaningless. And yes, I love her because I need her and I need her because I love her,” Donghae answered.

 

 

In his eyes, I saw the sincerity. I witnessed how much he has for buddy.

 

 

“If you really love Jessica, you will do anything for her. You will try to win her heart back though the end is still uncertain. Whether she accept you again or dumped you one more time, at least you try to prove to her that you really truly love her,” I said, giving him the inspiration to go on with whatever plans he has on mind.

 

 

I helped him because I know he’s the only one who could love Jessica like that. And though I love Jessica this much, this love of mine can’t be compare to his love for her.

 

 

“Thanks for helping me, Myungsoo. You’re such a good person after all I did to you. Thanks for helping me realize my mistakes and helping me to make it right.”

 

 

“It’s nothing. If you think you can’t do that thing, think again. Because the best feeling in this world is to do things they say you can never do. Fight for her. Fight for your love for her, Donghae. You’re not late to love her again.”