Chapter 28 ~

In love with An Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment he open his eyes, the familiar soft snoring sounded right beside his ear. He smiles, turning his whole body to face his beloved who is sleeping blissfully. His clumsy fingers traces the outline of his face. Gently. Afraid that any sudden movement could awake him. His lover frowns a little before opening his eyes slowly. He give out a little adorable yawn and smiling warmly like the rays of the morning sunrise. 

This place.

This world again. A world that only belongs to the two of them.

No distractions.

No boundaries.

No separation.

 

He pulls his lover closer, holding him tighter. So close that he wants him to feel his heart and to realise how much love he is craving for him and how much passion he had in return.

His lover giggles.

He keep quiet, and slowly let go. He didn't want to be misunderstood as a desperate or something.Out of the sudden, he feels really sleepy. His eye lids weighs heavily. Pinching himself silently away from his lover's eyes until no doubt there will be dark purplish bruises on his arms. It didn't bother him nor make him stop. 

 

This is his punishment.. 

 

EVERYTHING that he dreamed is right here. 

 

And that EVERYTHING disappears as soon as he open his eyes again. 

Every single time..

As long as he doesn't close his eyes, he could stay here forever..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ever since, Min Yoongi started his new life, he hasn't stop to dwell or lingers. His tiny studio sized home where his new office is underneath is one of the highest building in this town. At first, he did not understand why his new office was situated in the town where the poorest lived and the population is not that large as he used to. Fortunately, slowly as he start to get familiar in the neighbourhood, he begins to understand exactly why a lawyer was needed here.

Badly.

There were quite plenty that went to the city where he stayed previously to work. Travelling might takes a few hours, but compared to here, what they earned was definitely better. Sadly, some of these people were framed by their notorious bosses or company heads and were sent back , jobless, with tons of debts to bear. They knew they were in the clear but they were not able to do anything. They did not understand their rights and basically they couldn't hire a lawyer to help them. 

Others have started running a small business for their survival in this town. They do not seek for life of a royalty but just a simple honest living. However, some of them , sadly, fall into the fake"land deed". Strangers, from other towns, claiming to be the owners of the land they had their shops on. They produced paperworks and brought a lawyer claiming their words were true and to be rightful mortgage collector every month. The whole "Land deed" was suspicious but no one dare to do anything to question as they do not have the ability to hire anyone to help them.

There were many such cases and having the only law firm set up in this town, business might be good...

But...

Who is able to afford to hire him ?? 

 

He shakes his head quickly to get rid of his thoughts. He stands in front his new office watching the signboard being put up. Tomorrow will be the first day of business.

" Mr Min. Is this okay?? " the bulky guy in overall questions loudly from the top of the ladder.

Yoongi returns a smile and shows a thumbs up sign.

" What is that?? Min .. L..Law...Fi..." A meek little voice sounded behind his back.

" It's Min Law Firm " He turns and slanted the little boy a patient smile. The child is around the age of seven with his bicycle parked at the side.

The little boy's eyes widen with curiosity and speak again, " I never seen this shop before..what things do they sell in there ?? "

Yoongi beams "  Law firm is somewhere that you could find lawyers to help you.."

"  I think i saw them on television shows before.. Those people in black that talks too much in courts ?? "

He burst out laughing " Yes.. those were the lawyers.. but they do not talk too much.."

" But isn't most of the talking in court were from them ?? "

Yoongi explains with a soft smile " Yes they do most of the talking , because each one of them represent one side of the case.. they need to ..."

" So the lawyer who talks the most , win the case ?? " The little boy interupts him before he could finish his explanation. " But my parents said lawyers are evil people, they only help people who have the money .." The sudden change of atmosphere silenced both of them. Yoongi give a gentle pat on the boy's head who is pouting and staring at the floor.

" What's your name ?? "

" Lee Dae-ho .." he takes a peek secretly and asked timidly, " Do you work here?? Are you one of those evil lawyers ?? "

" I am a lawyer but .. i am not evil.."

" I.. don't believe you..."  The expression on the little boy's face is unexplainable. It is a mixure of anger and sadness. "If Dad have the money..he won't be..."

" Did something happen ?? Do you need help ?? "

" Lawyers are evil.. I don't want to talk to you anymore .."

" Wait..." Yoongi tries to stop him but the child run off to his bicycle, and without saying goodbye, he ride off with great speed.

' A real lawyer is someone that make sure justice is served without being concern about his fame or greed.'

Suddenly he remembers the golden rule that his friend told him when he first started to be a lawyer. Many years have passed since he obeyed and followed this important rule. How much bribery, protections and sacrification have he taken in order for him to rise to the top. This is going to be new life now, and no one is as lucky as him to deserve a second change.  The people in this town need some serious help and because of their misunderstanding towards lawyers, things are definitely not going to be easy.

This is challenge.

Well..

 

He likes challenges..

 

Yes tomorrow will his first day of work...

and also his first day of learning how to be a real lawyer again...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Namjoon gasped and open his eyes. Blinking a few times, he is back in his room again.

"" he curses under his breath. 

' That dream again..'

It has been a while since he had this dream repeatedly. Scientifically, from the books he read, the dreams are often mirrors of reality he hope for. He also read reports on patients who woke up from a coma or a tran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter