Chapter 23 ~

In love with An Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Hmm... he's doing great.... the recovery is faster than I expected.."  After examining the patient, Doctor Eun speaks to them in a calm and asurring voice.With a pleased smile,she keeps her medical tools back to her bag " I'll check on him again in a few days time. "

" Why is he still sleeping ?? "  Suddenly, Jeon Jungkook leans forward. He rests his elbows on the table, and supported his head with both hands. " I miss Taetae Hyung " He pouts.

" We all miss him..but we have to be patient ..." an middle aged woman, walks into the room with a tray of three hot chocolates in her hand, She places them on the table and hands the first drink to the doctor " Thank you for saving my son and , despite the horrible weather out there, you visit him every single day. " 

" That's my job, Mrs Kim...Your son is the lovable Kim Taehyung in the village.. Everyone is praying for his recovery.."

Quietly, Park Jimin takes his drink from the table and walks to the window.Ever since, they move Taehyung back home to recuperate, every single night was a disaster. The sky was blackened with raging icy air and heavy snowflakes.Draught would whistled around edges of their door, as if the cold was trying to force its way inside.It lasted for almost the whole night, but strangely stop before the sun rise.That was not the only thing that was bizzare around here, snowing in mid autumn was the next unusual thing.The elders in the village warns everyone that the Gods are angry and they should give offerings to ease their anger. But JImin doesn't feel the same way. He believes that it had something to do with Taehyung . For the longest time, he suspects Taehyung is not just a simple boy, the weather is always sunny and fine when he's happy and every time when he cries, sudden downpour will occurs. Animals seems to respect him and the patch of grassland is the richest when they are having a drought. Everything would be back to normal once he wakes up.Jimin lifts the steaming mug to his lips.It scorches his tongue but the didn't care.This feel much better than the stinging tears behind his eye lids. ' This is all my fault '

" He will wakes up once he's fully recover.. " 

" So what is still wrong with him ?? " Jungkook whines.

" Well..." 

" His wounds are fully healed. He's not having any fever, no rashes, nothing out of ordinary.."  Jimin turns his attention to them, suddenly interested in the conversation. " So what do you mean he has not recovered..Doctor Eun, please tell me which part of him had not recovered yet ??" 

" .. You don't have a clue why he hasn't wake up , do you ?? "  Jimin blurt out, looking at the doctor accusingly.

That silenced her and took her a moment to recover." ...I...I ..." It is a strange sensation and midly embarrassing to hear such a comment.It makes her feel vulnerable,but she needs to remain calm and explains her actual diagnosis. It would be unbelievable and , perhaps even making the whole situation worst, but she's a doctor and doctors are to tell the truth. " .. Taehyung is healed completely and the reason why he didn't wake up...is because...he didn't want to .."

" Doctor Eun, this is not a good time for jokes " he replies her with more impatience than he intended. " Make him wake up now "

" I'm not joking.. like i said waking up depends on him ..i can't do anything more now.." 

" You're a doctor right.." The sound of his annoyance is bulding up as he speaks. " Your job is to heal people.. and now i want you to ing heal him now !! " 

" Hyung.."  

He paused for a moment as the maknae tries to calm him down by holding his arm and rubbing his back is slow motions. Hot salty tears leaks out from his eyes uncontrollably as his breathes became sharp and raspy. He was surprised of his own actions, he is always the calm Jimin and Jungkook is always the impulsive one. But this time , things seems to turn around. He is sick of doing everything that the doctor asked and nothing seems to be working. 

"  Is there a reason why Taetae hyung is not waking up ?? " Jungkook asks in a meek little voice.

" Yes .. and i do know the reason...but .. this is one illness that no doctors can cure.."

Both of them look at each other with confusion before Jimin takes a deep breath, politely apologise for his behavior earlier. " Doctor Eun, do you mind explaining ?? "

" There is nothing physically wrong with Taehyung right now.. but he shows no sign of waking up because he is dreaming.."

" and.. ?? " Jimin engage Doctor Eun to carry on.

" to be more specific.. Taehyung is in a state of denial for reality."

" This is far too much for me to understand.. " Jungkook scratches the back of his head with annoyance.

"  You guys do dream when you're asleep right ?? And sometimes don't you think these dreams seems so real that you almost believe that there were real ?? "The two of them nods in agreement.

"Dreams occurs naturally and randomly during different stages of your sleep."Doctor Eun explains " and with unexplainable reasons, your heart knows that what you have been experiencing is just a world that doesn't exists. To prevent your mind from getting lost in the non-existence world, normal dreams only lasted for a average of 20 minutes before your heart decides to put an end in it...but for Taehyung's case...it seems to be a little complicated.."

" I'm sorry but I still don't understand.." the youngest sulks, looking at the elder for help.

" Are you telling me that Taehyung is dreaming and his heart is not stopping it ?? " Jimin gasps. "But why ??"

" I am not very sure.. but what I am sure is..whatever he is dreaming right now, his heart has preferred that a reality of should I say accepted that as a reality.."

" So he's never going to wake up ?? "

" Well .. " Doctor Eun sighs. "Remember I told you guys to talk to him more and also place his favourite things around him.."

" Yeah that's what we did.." Jungkook replies obediently.

"One of the ways to wake someone from a deep sleep is to trigger his senses in his real life..this is the only way he would realise that the dream he is having is not reality."

"But we have tried everything.. and he has not move a single inch " Jungkook protests in a softer voice. He turns to the elder with his eyes widen "If we get him, maybe Taetae hyung would wake up !! "

"  You mean him ?? That Min Yoon..." covering his mouth before more words could come out. " He's the reason why Taetae got into this.. We will never ask him for help ..NEVER "

Mrs Kim remain silence for the whole time.His only son returning from the other side of the wall is already too much for her to handle.Ignoring her mother's instinct to demand what exactly happen to her son,she tries her best to remain positive and cheerful. As long as her son is back, she will forgive and forget everything that had happened. 

" Jimin , Jungkook..." 

The duo look down suspiciously, shifting their weight , trying their best not to look at her.

" I want to know the whole story.."

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter