Chapter 22 ~

In love with An Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hands clasped tightly, staring at his friend in full concentration. Any reaction, or any slightest movement, would make him jump out of his seat for joy. However it had been a week, and his friend stays unmoving on the bed.They were best of friends, and a good friend would understand his pain and help him to lighten his burden in his heart.

But why isn't he being a a good friend ??

Why isn't Kim Taehyung being a good friend now ??

 

" Jimin...time to swap..." 

The door opens and their maknae walks into the room. Both of them had came up with a plan for taking turns to accompany Taehyung and keep each other posted. But he didn't follow the plan. The only time when he left the room, was when he needs to get a quick shower and a change of clothes. 

" Erm...Jimin.."

He remain silence.

" Park Jimin ?? "

" Yes ?? "

" ...I said Park Jimin.." Their maknae repeats again in a timid voice.

" Jeon Jungkook..what exactly are you trying to do ?? "

" Hyung..You didn't correct me not to call you by the name.."

Jimin sighs as he lay fully on the back of his seat. " I don't really have the mood to do that anymore.."

" Are you still blaming yourself ?? "

Jungkook's sudden question triggers tears welling up in his eyes.He shut them instantly and speak no words of reply.This unbearable and suffocating feeling is something that he had never experienced before.It makes him doubts on his incapability of making important decisions. It make him feel inadequate to take care of people around him.

Yes he is still blaming himself.

" If only..if only..i was faster.."he mumbles under his breath.

 

 

A week ago

" Look !! There's Taehyung !! "

The direction where Jungkook pointed, leads to an unmoving body on the ground with his hands spread out. Jimin stops for a moment to catch his breath. Running is really not his forte and trying to catch up with a horse ,that goes completely insane, is out of the question. He recalls that they were supposed to be strolling casually behind Macy, chatting about random stuffs when an extrememly loud bang was heard. Macy suddenly squeal aggressively and gallop off. Half suspected it might be something to do with Taehyung, they chase after her.

"Jimin !! Something is wrong with Taetae Hyung!! "

" How..ha..ha..many times do i ..ha..ha..have to tell you..I'm..ha..your hyung.." He pants breathlessly, looking at the maknae who is looking unaffected from the vigorous past activity.

" Who cares about that now ?? " Jungkook replies with an laid back attitude " Something is wrong and we have to get closer."  ending his words briskly and simply walk away.

" Hey.." quickly he gathers his steps behind him " It is always important to.. "he freeze, trying to absorb the scene in front of him.

Jungkook is right. Something is wrong with Taehyung. Half of his usual fluffy brown hair was rosed coloured and damped. Blood is flowing abundantly from his forehead. It couldn't be long before his whole face got masked.

"Taetae !! "

Both of them yell in sync. Jimin bend over and pulls Taehyung on his lap. He hug the body close to his chest, trying to wipe off the blood with his bare hands. He tried several times till his whole hand is stained but the fluid never stops.

" Taetae hyung.."  Their maknae sniffs, trying to warm up his icy cold hand.All of a sudden,he stands up .With a determined look on his face,he lifted Taehyung from Jimin's arm "  I will bring Taetae Hyung to see Doctor Eun right now "

" Are you planning to ride Macy with Taehyung ?? " Jimin interupts " Macy only allows Taehyung to ride her.."

" But.."

The mare seems to understand their complication and lower herself obediently in a submissive position.

"Wow.. I am starting to like this horse better now.." Jungkook exclaims excitedly.

" Wait !! "

" What ?? " The maknae roll his eyes and grumbled " I am the faster rider here you know.."

" I ..I know... but.. I'm the safer one.." Jimin explains. " Taetae needs to be safe now..we can't afford to have any more unwanted accidents. "

Jungkook stays quiet. He gently placed Taehyung over the back of the horse and turn to the elder. " I'll meet you there.." He mutters in a low voice.

"...Kookie..." Jimin softens, at how the younger surrenders without engaging into a fight. He know exactly how important Taehyung is to him and he understands why Jungkook wanted so much to be involved.

" I'm okay.. Hyung ..i think you're right.. I am fast but also accident-proned...Please be safe..."  he turns and started running away.

Jimin's gaze lingers for a while before lifting himself over Macy. He is truely thankful that the usual rebellious and stubborn Jungkook could be tamed at this time of emergency. Gently he ruffles Taehyung's hair and smile sadly " You're gonna be okay ..because we need you here.."He swing his leg, giving the mare a light kick as the animal hoists herself. " We are going to be there ..steady and safe..."

Little did he know that being " steady and safe" would be the worst decision he had ever made in his entire life.

 

" You're too late "

 

" You're too late "

 

" You're too late "

 

It just keep on haunting him every minute of his life. Taehyung was going to breathe his last , but Doctor Eun knows exactly how to change that. She is an extremely talented doctor and she claims that she had treated patients with similiar injuiries before. To prove that she was telling the truth, she simply quoted five words: " Never go near the wall "  

At the moment, Jungkook appears together with Taehyung's parents. The doctor clear and explains the current situation. Something had hit through Taehyung, and judging by the size and depth of the wound, this mysterious item was about one inch of an index finger and it seems to be travelling at an extraordinarily speed. Currently this mysterious item is stuck on the patient's skull , and need to be remov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter