The Outcast Prince [unedited]

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 14 : The Outcast Prince
"Ani, I can't give you a false hope, my princess,"  
 
 

Aemi's POV:

I was woken up by Myungsoo's voice. "Hyung! Jebal? Please take care of her for awhile," A cold voice then answered him. "What? Is mother out of her mind already? And you, are you disobeying her for some girl. You are a prince," I gulped by the harsh comment. "That's not it hyung, mother, she's-" I can feel hesitant from his voice. "She has been…. Sentenced death for murder," I clasped my mouth with my hands. I can't believe this. How does this happen? I was going to wake up Lili but then something unexpected comes out from the other person. "Tsk, she finally got found out. Hahahahahaha," He was laughing at Myungsoo's own mother. The mother who gave birth to him. I clenched my fist. I swung open the carriage's door and hastily walk toward the other person. I frowned at his face, and suddenly, my hand reached to his cheek. I slapped him.

He smirked at me, finding the whole thing amusing. "You smiled!? What are you!? Are you not human!? you laughed!? How can you laugh at someone Mother's misfortune!" My fist was shaking as I looked at him in hatred. "Interesting," The person looked at Myungsoo who looked really worried by the whole situation. "Araso, I'll take care of her. Promise me that you will come back alive. If not, she will die in my hands," He smirked at me. For some reason, I trembled. "Hyung, I cannot promise that. If I don't come back, please, help her find a cave," Now, I'm looking at Myungsoo. His face showed sorrow. I felt a tug of pain on my chest. "Myungsoo, don't say that. You will come back and-" "Ani, I can't give you a false hope, my princess," He smile bitterly at me. Tears start to escape from my eyes. I feel dizzy all of the sudden. My head felt heavy and finally, the whole thing was black.

I woke up with a headache. "Aemi-ah! You're finally awake!" Lili was beside me but I don't see Myungsoo anywhere. I was going to get up but Lili stopped me. "Rest for a bit," I nodded as I looked at her anxious face. "Where is Prince Myungsoo?" I asked. Lili smiled by my question. "He went back to the palace. He said that we need to stay here for awhile with Prince Junki. I looked at her in puzzlement. "Prince???" "Ah! You didn't know yet? The cold person who Prince Myungsoo called hyung is actually his brother by blood. I heard that the Queen kicked him out for an unknown reason." Lili whispered to me. Guilt and regret washed over to me. I shouldn't have slapped him. I can be such a jerk sometimes. "You need to rest first. Don't do anything stupid," Lili advised me worriedly. I sighed and obeyed her nevertheless.


 

Yumi's POV:

"Father! I demand to know where is Princess Aemi! Is she safe?" I asked the Emperor who frowned at me. I heard the news. Princess Muk Ja was sentence death for the murder of the late king and the new King is Jaejoong, Aemi's guard, well, used to be. What is happening at Joseon? "The issues of Joseon have nothing to do with us. Go back to your chamber!" The Emperor ordered me. He never says no to me before. I sighed and obeyed him while reluctantly carry myself to my room.

I slumped on my chair and sigh. I heard knocks on the door and ordered the person to come in. It was Chen. "Your highness, this is the information from the watchman," He showed me a roll paper and said he cannot continue anymore as Joseon is dangerous to be in for awhile. I quickly grabbed the roll paper but I am so stupid. I cannot read Chinese characters. I looked at Chen and gave him the paper back. He was puzzled when I told him to read it for me. "Yes, Your highness. It said 'Princess Aemi has been kicked out from the palace. Prince Myungsoo was escorting her out. The whereabouts of Princess Aemi is unknown. But people says, she might be with the outcast prince since they saw her going towards that way. Princess Muk Ja and the rest of the late king's wives are dead. Their heads are shown to the public. The 3 princes currently still in the palace. Rumours said that King Jaejoong was going to marry Princess Aemi but he was rejected.' That was all your highness," Chen bow and excused himself but I stopped him. "Let's go to Joseon,"  He looked at me in shock while I beg him with my eyes and a pouty lip. It always works. "I am sorry your highness, the Emperor has strictly ordered the guards to be around your chamber all the time so it is not possible to actually escape from here," Chen then left me. I dropped to the floor and flail my arms and legs. This is so frustrating! Aemi! I hope you are fine.


 

No one's POV:

"So you are a prince," Aemi started as she sat near Prince JunKi on the dead trunk. He ignored her and continued his sword practice. Aemi frowned and crossed her arms. She grabbed a sword from the floor and pointed at JunKi who had an amused expression on his face, as he also pointed his sword towards Aemi. "I don't give any favour to a lady." He then Aemi's sword. Aemi stepped back but nevertheless kept her composure. JunKi smirked and started striking her again. After a few blows, Aemi's sword went flying. He pointed his sword directly on her neck while Aemi kept her head up. His expression changed to a cold one as though he was thinking seriously. Aemi gulped and tried to hide her shakiness. After a while, he withdrawned his sword. "Next time, think first Princess," He commented before leaving her alone. Aemi fell to the ground, her heart was beating faster as she tried to calm herself. She thought she was going to die. His gaze was no joke, he intended to kill her, right there.

"Aemi! Are you okay!?" Lili ran towards her. She nodded her head and forced a smile. "I'm fine Lili. No need to worry about anything," But Lili did not believe her as she helped Aemi stood up. Her body was still shaking.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.