Traitors [unedited]

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 12 : Traitors
"Hail the new King!" 
 
 

After everything is done with the King's funeral, they have concluded that the fire was an accident and It was time for the coronation of another king. The King has left a will as his successor. Everyone was quiet. "The King has left a will. This will determine the next King of Joseon. The will says: I hereby, give the throne to my eldest Prince, Prince Jaejoong." Everyone was shocked. "What are you saying!? There is no other Prince other than the 3 prince." The Queen shouted furiously. The Eunuch continued anyway. "In this will, I hereby punish my 3 wives due to the murder of the Lady Fei that they had done." The 3 wives drop to their knees. Years ago, they thought no one knew about it, but they were wrong. Princess Muk Ja came to the front. She was clenching her fist.

 

"You guys did this to yourselves. Because of power, you guys are willing to do anything. Innocent prince lost his mom. Prince Jaejoong was under my caring all this time. I cannot forgive what you guys had done to her. The King knew this but he cannot do anything without evidence and so he wrote it on his will." Princess Muk Ja was holding her tears as she clenched his fist. The 3 Princes stood there, trying to make sense of everything. Aemi was not there as she was asked to stay in her room for the time beings hence she doesn't know what is going on at all. Prince Muk Ja ordered the guard to take the 3 wives away. Prince Jaejoong then entered the room with a king robe.

 

"Hail the new King!" Everyone bowed as he walked to the throne confidently. Princess Muk Ja is the one who put the crown on Jaejoong's head. Jaejoong sat on the crown chair. Prince Myungsoo was really sure that Princess Muk Ja was behind The Late King's death. The 3 prince were bowing too, hopelessly. They knew they cannot do anything about this.

 

As the ceremony ended, the 3 prince gathered together. "Princess Muk Ja has something to do with this," Prince Myungsoo started. Prince Leo and Prince Sungjae both clenched their fist. "We know. She has been suspicious all this time. I told this to my mother but she was too blind with her words." Prince Sungjae stated. "I have been noticed this quite awhile too. But Jaejoong as the eldest prince was quite a shock. Does this mean the late king knew all this time? That is why he hadn't choose between us to be the crown prince because Prince Jaejoong is already one." Prince Leo explained. Myungsoo punched the table as he stood up. "I will ask Aemi about this if she knew already," Then he left. "Wait! Princess Aemi is here??" Prince Sungjae was excited.

 

"Princess Aemi, please, you shouldn't do this," Lili advised her. Aemi was going to escape the room secretly. She couldn't take it anymore. "Lili, it's okay, as long I don't get caught everything-"  "-Prince Myungsoo and Prince Sungjae are here to see you, your highness!" The eunuch announced. Aemi and Lili looked at each other in shock. Aemi quickly went under her blanket pretending to sleep. Lili awkwardly stood by her bed when Prince Myungsoo and Prince Sungjae came. Lili bow to them, while quickly took a glance of Aemi. Prince Myungsoo was trying to hold his laughter. He knew already. Prince Sungjae looked at him weirdly. Prince Myungsoo cleared his throat as his laughter escaped from time to time.

 

Aemi stood up instantly and glared at Prince Myungsoo. "It's not funny, you know" Prince Myungsoo looked at her clothes and laughed. Prince Sungjae looked at them quietly. He felt left out. When Myungsoo regained his composure, he pointed out at the clothes. "Are you seriously going to escape?? I guess you have a long way to go, my princess," He commented. Aemi rolled her eyes. "At least I'm trying!" They were talking casually while Sungjae just stood there quietly. He regretted coming here. "Ah! I just realised you are here too, Prince Sungjae," Aemi bowed a bit. Lili excused herself out to give some privacy to them. 

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
[CONTENTID4]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID4]