Rebellion 1

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 19 : Rebellion 1 
"Be my Queen,"
 
 

The day of their planned rebellion has come. "Tonight, this whole thing will be over," Sungjae said to his followers. They all shouted, ready for the battle. Myungsoo, Leo and Junki were all beside him. Taeyong was not there as he decided to be with Aemi in China. He had a bad feeling about the plan somehow and he worried about Aemi as well.

 

"Aemi! Where is this Taeyong guy? Is he late?" Yumi was pacing back and forth. She wanted to meet Taeyong as she said she is interested in him. Aemi sighed. They were waiting at the border. Aemi was wearing the black hoodie and mask again. Then footsteps can be heard. Aemi went out of the carriage only to be greeted by the King's delegation. Yumi who followed her next was shocked to see the delegation as well. "What's going on?" Aemi whispered to Yumi. Yumi worriedly looked at her. "The emperor has given permission to get Princess Aemi," The eunuch looked directly to Princess Yumi. "How did they know?" Yumi whispered. Aemi stepped back, pretending to be Yumi's worker.

 

Yumi gulped and remain her composure. "I do not know what you guys are talking about. Princess Aemi is not with me," Yumi confidently told them. Aemi was proud to see her friend. The eunuch then smirked. "Then she will not mind about him?" One of the guards pushed someone to the front. When Aemi saw his face, her eyes widen in shock. Taeyong was forced to kneel down while a sword was next to his neck. He was looking down. Yumi shock expression was shown. The eunuch smile in victory. "H-how-" Yumi was stuttering.

 

"Give us Princess Aemi and we will not kill him," The eunuch announced. Aemi clutch her fists in anger. Then Taeyong looked at her in the eyes, his eyes telling her to stay low and don't worry about him. Yumi was shaking. She has never been in this situation before. Aemi sighed and when the eunuch was going to talk again, Aemi surrendered herself. "I'm here," Aemi pulled down her hoodie and mask. The eunuch smile oh so innocently to Aemi. "Your Highness, the king has ordered us to get you," He said kindly. He opened the carriage door. I looked at the withdrawn sword. "Taeyong, get inside first," Aemi ordered him. The eunuch gave dissatisfy face as Taeyong climbed inside still with his hands tied together.

 

Aemi assured Yumi that everything is going to be fine before she crossed the border and went inside the carriage. She only stayed in China for a week without knowing anything about anything that is going to happen in Joseon. The carriage then moved. Taeyong was sitting opposite to Aemi with his head low. "I am sorry," He muttered. "gwenchana! This is nothing," Aemi positively replied. The whole ride was silent. Until the carriage stopped and put down. "Your Highness, we have arrived," The eunuch announced. Aemi looked at the door nervously. Taeyong has fallen asleep as she advised him to. She gulped and forced herself to get out.

 

The first person she saw was Jaejoong, looking all powerful on the stairs. Aemi braced herself. The eunuch then ordered the delegations to leave but I stopped them. "Taeyong is still there. Where are you guys taking him?" Aemi sounded worried which actually broke Jaejoong heart. She was worried about another man other than him. "Treat him nicely," Jaejoong ordered the eunuch. Aemi looked at him confusedly. She was trying to read his expression. Was he angry? Worry?

 

As the carriage was going to move again, Aemi stopped it again. "I will not let my bodyguard away from me," Aemi stated confidently while looking straight at Jaejoong. Jaejoong let out a sigh and ordered the guards to let Taeyong go. They cut the rope which binds his hands together. "Happy now?" He sounded irritated. Aemi then approached Jaejoong while Taeyong was beside her. Jaejoong lead them to his tea hall.

 

Aemi cautiously looked around as the maids poured tea. "I don't want to hurt you Princess Aemi and because of that, you need to be by my side," Jaejoong started. Aemi frowned. "Touchy, I think I am more in danger with you than without," Aemi sarcastically said. As the maids finished with their task, Aemi and Jaejoong were left alone. It was silent as Jaejoong sipped his tea while Aemi just stared at the tea. It hurt him so much seeing Aemi suspicious with everything he does.

 

"So aren't you going to ask me anything? I promise I will answer it all," Jaejoong offered kindly. Aemi tried to read Jaejoong's motive again. "How did you know I am still alive?" Jaejoong smiled. "Well, I ordered some people to keep an eye on you. Anymore?" Jaejoong sipped his tea again while Aemi frowned at his confidence. "Why did you bring me here?" Jaejoong smirked hearing the question. "Be my Queen," He ordered her. Aemi's face fell. It was not a question for her but an order. Jaejoong smile victoriously. "You see, your princes plotted to kill me tonight. I am ready for them and you know what that means right? They will die and you don't want that to happen right? So, If you be my Queen, I promise that I will not kill them. Great deal?" This time, Aemi was beyond shocked. "P-plotted to k-kill you? B-but- that's not possible!" Aemi slammed her hands on the table in rage. "Tsk tsk tsk, Princess Aemi, please do have manners. So what is it for you? Yes ? No?" Aemi trembled hearing the cold voice. She doesn't have a choice as she nodded her head. "I hope to see you in my chamber tonight then, my Queen," Jaejoong said before leaving the broken Aemi. She knew what that means.

 

Taeyong came inside and helped Aemi to stand up. "I'm sorry Princess. I should be more careful," Taeyong worriedly apologised. "Ani, He always been a step ahead of us. Taeyong…. Do you know what will happen tonight? Tell me it's not true. They- what are they trying to do?" Aemi begged him. Taeyong lowers his head. "It is true Princess. Prince Sungjae is the one who planned everything. I was going to join them till Prince Myungsoo told me to be by your side. He said he had a bad feeling. I guess he's right," By Taeyong's explanation, Aemi was speechless as she tried to calm her breathing. "H-how did this happened? Why isn't anyone tells me about this!?" She was beyond angry. Taeyong kneeled down, feeling guilty.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
Another one next!