Prince of Joseon

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 7 : Prince of Joseon
"Tomorrow, don't go back. The messenger they send is for a marriage proposal." 
 
 

"I still don't get why the Emperor's messenger is coming with me tomorrow." Aemi told Yumi who was laying down on the bed, getting ready to sleep. "I have told you many times, it’s just something to inform the King that you have arrived safely and the fact that you are that important. Now, go to sleep Princess, you have a long journey tomorrow especially your ." Yumi snickered. "I am not going to use that carrier. I'm going to ride the horse!" Aemi exclaimed happily. "No, you're not. It's dangerous. The Emperor will not let youuuuuuuu-ahhh" Yumi yawned. Aemi sighed and lay beside her. At that point, Yumi was already sleeping while Aemi just can't sleep at all.

 

She sat up, changed her clothes and went out. She went to the study room. There is this one book about maths that gained her interest. "Huh? I swear the book was here. Where-" She turned around and got shocked by the crown prince who was looking at her questionably. "Do you mean this? I was going to return it. You can have it now. I don't need it anymore." He gave the book to her and she accepted it reluctantly. "Okay, then… I am going-" "You can't take the book outside. That's the number one rule." Aemi closed immediately and then sat down. Kris was shocked by her action. "I'm going to read it here then." Nevertheless, he lights up the candle for her and sat next to her.

 

Aemi was reading the book silently while Kris was staring at her the whole time which made Aemi feel uneasy. "Your highness!" Aemi blurted out. She looked at Kris and their eyes met for a bit as Kris looked away. Aemi also directed her sight somewhere else. "Please do not stare at me like that. I feel so uneasy." Aemi confessed. Kris smiled. "I see." He made up his mind already. "Tomorrow, don't go back. The messenger they send is for a marriage proposal." Kris informed her. "I knew it!" Aemi shot up. "Thank you for telling me!" Aemi hugged him for a second then went out to wake up Yumi. She needed a plan.

 

Kris who was left at the study room was shocked by her action. 'Pabo, I am trying to let you go here.' He thought while smiling thinking about the hug while his heart is aching but he needs to do this, he is the crown prince after all, so he knows he can do this. "Pabo," Chen appeared out of nowhere. Kris glared at his friend. "What? I told you-" "Yeah, but you love her don't you? So why?" Chen asked him frustratingly. "Because when I look through her eyes. I can see she doesn't look at me the same way. She has someone already in her heart. Prince Myungsoo is so lucky," Kris bitterly smiled. Chen pouted and patted his back. "Now you know how I feel right?" Chen said sadly. Kris was getting annoyed with him. "Yah! My sister likes you back so why are you not taking the first step!" Chen looked at him dumbfounded. "She- She-" "Yes, everyone can see it, I don't know why you didn't." Kris uninterestedly stared at his shocked face.

 

All this time, Aemi was actually behind the door, listening to every single word. She felt bad for Kris but she can't just force herself to love someone. "I'm sorry," She blurted  out to herself and then left. As she entered Yumi's chamber, she looked at Yumi's sleeping figure. "Maybe, it's alright to go with the flow." She then laid beside her and tried to sleep.

 

"Aemi!" Yumi shook her, waking her up. "Y-yeah" Aemi's sleepy face greeted her. "Yah! Go wash! You're going back today, remember?" Yumi nagged her. Aemi fell back to sleep. It was hard for her to fall asleep last night. "Yah!" This time, Yumi kicked her . She immediately sat up and pouted. "Ara! Ara!" It took about 30 minutes for her to get ready. "Woah! That's fast. Did you clean yourself properly?" Yumi snickered. Aemi looked at her with a poker face. She was still deciding whether to postpone her journey back or not. "Your ride is all prepared. They are outside by the way. The Emperor must be really excited to kick you out after what you did, you know. Hahahaha," Aemi was not even listening to her. "Yah! Are you even listening?" Yumi snapped at her and pouted. Aemi looked at her blankly. "Yumi-ah! Is there any way to stop the messenger from not going without any problem?" Aemi desperately pleaded Yumi. "I told you many times already, no need to worry about the messenger, Princess Aemi," Yumi reassured her. Aemi smiled bitterly at her clueless friend. She hesitated to tell her. 'At this rate, I might as well tell them that I am already engaged with Prince Myungsoo. OMG, what am I saying' She thought with her red face while the maids were fixing her hanbok.

 

"Your highness! Prince Myungsoo of Joseon has arrived to get Princess Aemi." A eunuch informed the Emperor. The Emperor looked at the eunuch questionably. "He has also brought guards to accompany her back. What should I tell him, your highness? Should I-" "Interesting. Prince Myungsoo is being careless. That is new. That strict prince who always stuck to the rules. Are you sure?" The eunuch bowed to the ground. "I am sorry your Highness, I believe he is Prince Myungsoo." The emperor smiled in interest. "Where is he now?" The emperor asked again. "Prince Myungsoo is now in front of Princess Aemi's chamber. He was being impatient." The eunuch informed the Emperor. "Interesting. At last, we found his weakness." The emperor said rather rousingly.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.