Jaejoong's Lies [unedited]

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 13 : Jaejoong's Lies
"Your highness! Did you get kick out!?"
 
 

"Aemi-" "Jaejoong is here to see you, your highness" Myungsoo was cut off. Sungjae and Myungsoo looked at each other in shock. "Aemi-ah, we're going to hide so pretend we're not here, okay?" Sungjae asked Aemi who just nodded her head in confusion. "Let him in," Aemi commanded as she sat on her bed with ladylike composure.

 

Jaejoong went inside and Aemi noticed that he was not in his usual army clothes but rather a silk robe. Jaejoong bow to Aemi and smile a bit. He looked around in suspicious. Aemi stood up quickly and usher him to the tea table. "So what is it?" Aemi asked him as he looked around the room.  "Nothing Princess, I just want to ask if you heard anything from outside," He asked Aemi while his eyes wondered around the room and at Aemi's clothes. "Ah! This clothes! I feel bored so I decided to try out some clothes. Is there something going on? I've been here for 3 days straight already," Aemi sighed. "Nothing, your highness, it just that Princess Muk Ja has requested for you to leave the palace and stay at the capital for awhile. There has been some issues going on in the palace so it will be safer for you to be outside for a bit." Jaejoong informed Aemi in detail. Aemi looked at him in confusion but nevertheless just nodded her head in agreement. "Well then your highness, I will be leaving now. Excuse me," Jaejoong glance at Aemi's troubled face before going out. Aemi sensed that something has been happening for the past 4 days.

 

"Aish! That loser!" Sungjae was going to after Jaejoong but Myungsoo stopped him. He shook his head in disapproval. They were still hiding in the shower room when suddenly Aemi called them. "Did something happened?" Aemi asked them. Myungsoo and Sungjae looked at each other, wondering if they should tell her or not. Aemi sighed. "It's okay, I'm sorry for asking you guys," Myungsoo and Sungjae cannot say anything to her for her safety and afraid that if they stay any longer, the might blurt out everything so they excused themselves out.

 

Lili came inside. She was fidgeting. "What is it?" Aemi asked her. "I am not sure what I saw but the guard seems to pay respect to Jaejoong-sshi so much," Lili said lowly in worry. "It doesn't matter anyway, I will be staying in the capital for awhile so we're not relevant anymore when we stepped out of the palace. Lili eyes widen. "Your highness! Did you get kick out!?" She was worrier than before. Aemi comforted her. "Not that, he said it is better for me to be outside for awhile till the situation calm down. But he doesn't say what is the situation." Aemi sighed. "When are we going?" Lili asked. "Soon, lets pack our stuff," But Aemi still worry about everything.

 

"The carriage is ready your Majesty," The guard informed King Jaejoong. "Make sure to protect her always. Do not ever lose her sight. She is the future Queen of Joseon. I trust you in this," King Jaejoong strictly ordered the guard. "Yes Your Majesty! I will protect her like my life," The guard fell on his knees.

"Go now," Before the guard can even walk out, Princess Muk Ja came.

 

"Where are you taking my daughter!?" Princess Muk Ja raged towards Jaejoong. "Princess Muk Ja, you might have forgotten, I am your King. Where is your respect?" Jaejoong frowned at her. Princess Muk Ja dropped to the floor. "How did you become like this!? Did you trick me all this time? After all the things that I've done to you!?" Princess Muk Ja was a mess. Jaejoong smirked. "Do you think you can toy me? I knew from the beginning what you have wanted. You wanted to control me since you cannot be a king. Princess Aemi was oblivious about your true self. But I am not. You think you can trick me that easily." Jaejoong sat on the throne. Princess Muk Ja was shaking. "I, King of Joseon, hereby, banish you from Joseon, due to the murderer of the late King." The guard then grabbed both of her hands.

 

"Your Highness! Your highness!! Please!" Princess Muk Ja begged while she was dragged to the door by the guard. As the door opened, there stood Aemi with her trembling body and teary eyes, looking straight at Princess Muk Ja. "M-Mother-r" She swallowed her words, as she tried to control her trembling self. Princess Muk Ja smile bitterly. "Take me away, hurry," She ordered the guard as they passed Aemi. Prince Myungsoo arrived at the same spot. Jaejoong worriedly walked towards her.

 

"Aemi," Myungsoo called out. Aemi stared at the approaching figure of Jaejoong and then she turned around, looking at Myungsoo worried face. Tears began to escape her eyes as she walked closer towards Myungsoo, and when she was close enough. She hugged him tightly, crying, while Jaejoong look at them with sadness. Jaejoong closed the door hastily, as tears began to drop. He looked at the throne bitterly. "This is my destiny. Weakness is an enemy of a King." 

 

Myungsoo embraced Aemi tightly. "It's okay, cry your heart out, my princess," Aemi let him go after awhile. "Myungsoo, please take me away from this palace," Aemi looked at him in the eyes. "Yes, my princess," 

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.