Rebellion 2

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 20 : Rebellion 2
"Mimi, save me,"
 
 

Aemi's POV:

 

The Damiwon maids were now dressing me with the Royal hanbok which symbolises the bride of the King. The hanbok fit perfectly on me which made me even loathe the hanbok more. "You look so pretty, Your Highness," One of the maids complimented me. I forced a smile to her. The Damiwon lady then entered the changing room and ordered all the maid to leave. She smiled at me, proud of the masterpiece. "Princess Aemi, I am glad that you are back," She bowed to me. Her smiled reached her eyes, like a proud mother. Now that I think about it, do I know her? "Excuse me now Princess," I nodded my head in return.

 

I went to my bedroom. It was bigger than last time and more luxury. I think the bed frame is made of gold. I looked around and try to find any escape route but to no avail. Jaejoong knew me too well. Then there were knocks and I can hear the sound of the door opening. I flinched upon smelling the cologne. Jaejoong is here but it is not night time yet.  So why?

 

"How do you like your chamber?" He asked oh so affectionately. I rolled my eyes mentally and decided not to answer him. I can tell he was annoyed. "So… you are playing this game. Princess Aemi, no matter how much you deny it, you will still be my queen." He said sternly which made me gulped. He kissed me on my forehead before leaving me in this room. "Don't let her escape," He ordered out loud for me to hear. I brushed off my forehead where he kissed me. Filthy.  I went to the washroom and washed my face. "Your highness," I heard a female voice. I went out to my bedroom and saw a young girl. She bowed to me 90 degrees and told me that she was honoured to serve me. A bubbly young girl indeed. She reminded me a bit of Lily but as far I know, she doesn't have a little sister. "My name is XiongLi, but people call me Mimi and I came from China. I was a gift from the Emperor to the King," She explained to me happily as she kept on bowing down. I asked her to stop that. "D-deh, Your Highness!" She screeched and the sound of hiccup escaped from . Was I too harsh when I said that? The Damiwon Lady then appeared beside her, apologising to me for her behaviour and ordered her to leave right away. She kept on apologising to me as they went out the room. I sighed when they completely left the room. Where is Taeyong anyway?

 

No one's POV:

Taeyong had secretly left the palace to inform the Princes about the situation in order to stop the rebellion before it was too late. But, he was stopped midway when suddenly he was surrounded by the royal guards. He then pulled off his sword, ready to fight but his hand was struck by an arrow. The sword fell to the ground and he cursed himself for being careless. He was forced to kneel down by the guards.

 

"I told you not to try anything," Jaejoong smirked seeing the helpless Taeyong kneeling in pain. "The palace is security tight. You cannot escape without being found out. I thought you know better. Put him in the prison. Lock him up!" Jaejoong ordered the guards. Nothing can stop him now. In a few hours' time, Princess Aemi will completely be his. He will rule this country with her.

 

"Prince Sungjae, we need to talk," Myungsoo patted his shoulder. They went to the meeting room. "What is it hyung?" Sungjae asked. "I have a bad feeling about this. I think Jaejoong knows about our plan. Just in case, I would like to change the structure of the attack. We need a backup in case he happens to know," Myungsoo put out a roll paper that contains his new plan. Sungjae agreed with him. "Prince Junki and I will lead the army B. You and Prince Leo will lead the army A," Sungjae accepted his idea. He knew well how excellent Myungsoo is with war tactic.  "Why did you call us?" Prince Leo entered the room with Prince Junki behind him who yawned. Junki was way too relax. "We're making a few changes," Sungjae told them.  They nodded their head in approval. "Nice to hear that. The current tactic is a bit worrisome," Junki cooly stated which earns looks from Sungjae and Leo. "I don't think I can work with this guy," Prince Leo confessed. "That is why you're going with me," Sungjae said. "OOO~ We're making a big change," Junki commented jokingly. Myungsoo smiled. Junki was excited and he knew this.

 

"Your highness, here is your clothes to wear for tonight," The Damiwon lady leave the clothes on the bed as ordered by Aemi. She doesn't want anyone to undress or dress her. Aemi nodded her head and signalled the Damiwon lady to leave. She obeyed. Aemi looked at the clothes in hatred. She hated all of this. She just wanted to leave quietly. Nevertheless, she still had to change. When she was done, she looked on the poorly reflected mirror. The hanbok is too thin that is when she released that this is an undergarment. She felt filthy of herself as tears began to flow on her cheeks. "Your Highness," Mimi came in with the hanbok or more like a coat to Aemi. She was looking worriedly at Aemi. "Your highness, are you okay?" Aemi looked at her in hurt expression and then divert her attention to the coat she was holding. "Is that for me?" Aemi finally spoke breaking the silence. Mimi kneeled down lifting the coat up, apologising for her rude behaviour.  Aemi grabbed the coat and wore it quickly. She told Mimi to stand up. Properly standing up now, with her head down. "Mimi, save me," Mimi gave Aemi a shock and scared expression at the same time. "I-I'm sorry your highness," She quickly left the room as Aemi smiled bitterly. Then Damiwon lady appeared to guide her to the King's chamber.

 

Aemi sat patiently at the King's chamber as she fiddled with her fingers. The table was near the bed which made Aemi anxious. "There is no way Jaejoong will do this to me. Right, He will be so drunk just like in the drama. That time is my chance to escape," Aemi mumbled to herself. She fidgeted in her seat more when she heard the sound of the door opening. In front of her stood Jaejoong who was still conscious. Aemi confusedly looked at him while cursing to herself. "Drama my " She mumbled again. Jaejoong intently stared at her while approaching her. He sat opposite of her as Aemi lowered her head. Her heart was beating so fast.

 

"I will not do anything to you. Let just talk for a bit. Then….. sleep next to me," Jaejoong started as he eyed Aemi for any change of expression which does happen as Aemi sighed in relief. "Jae- Ani, Your Majesty, what is it that you want from me?" Aemi sounded desperate. Jaejoong looked at her intensely. "You," He said as he poured a drink for himself and gulped it all. Aemi sighed again. "Do you even love me?" Jaejoong stopped from pouring his drink and looked at her. "I do love you," Aemi scoffed upon hearing his answer. "Based on what?" Aemi crossed her arms in victory as Jaejoong didn't say a word. "Nothing…" At that answer Aemi was going to laugh then he continued, "I just love you for who you are. It doesn't matter if you're Princess Aemi or not. I just love you for who you are. The first time I met you, I thought I was sick because my heart was pounding so fast. I even went to visit the doctor there." Jaejoong chuckled before he continued again. "When you were gone, I thought that I can forget you. But I kept on thinking about the time we were together and I think I was irritating Princess Muk Ja because I kept on asking about you. That was when I realised that I fell in love," Aemi gaped and regretted asking such question. She felt guilty too. "Jaejoong-shhi…. Forget about it. Everything. Just forget everything. I'm not who you think I am. I'm-" Aemi stopped when she realised she was going, to tell the truth. Jaejoong smile bitterly. "Ara" Aemi looked at him in shock. "So why did you still do this?" Aemi sounded desperate. "Because… I can't let you go," He said softly.

 

Then screams can be heard. Painful screams. Sword slashing. The maids were screaming for help. They have successfully entered the palace and now heading to the King. "Choose," Jaejoong stared straight to Aemi's eyes, penetrating. "Live as my woman or die as a traitor?" Aemi gulped as she felt something stuck in . "Kim Jaejoong…." Her eyes were tearful. She has made up her mind. "I……" Every word coming from was so painful. "I….." Jaejoong was hopeful as Aemi tried to continue her words. Tears b as Aemi forced to say her decision. It was painful for both of them and it will be.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.