The Crown Prince

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 6 : The Crown Prince
"Unless I fall deeply in love for the princess of course," 
 
 

"You know Kris, you shouldn't be so strict all the time." Chen reproached his friend who was doing some paperwork on his desk. "Being a crown prince is not a game, Chen" Kris replied back. Chen just sigh. "Yes, your majesty" Kris stopped working and looked at his friend who was reading a book while standing up. "I told you not to call me that. At least not you too."  He was standing up ready to go when Chen stopped him. "Your heart….. Is it okay?" Chen asked his long time best friend. He knows him deeply as they grew up together. "Stop poking your nose in my business. How about you? When are you going to confess to my sister?" At that question, Kris left the room. Chen just smiled. 'Things are getting interesting. He didn’t even deny it.' He thought.

 

Last night's dinner was replaced by another dinner. This time it took place at the Royal dining hall. "Thank god it's not outside anymore. Do you know how cold it was!? I keep on complaining about this to the Empress." Yumi whined. Aemi just smiled at her friend’s attitude. "You know that you sound like a spoiled brat just now." Aemi . Yumi pouted. "Yes, I am! I'm a princess for goodness sake." Yumi jokingly exclaimed. They were both laughing with each other until the Emperor asked them. "I have never seen my princess looks so happy like this before. Are you that happy to be with your friend?" Yumi nodded eagerly. "I am liking it!" Aemi smiled at her friend's answer. "Wouldn't it be much better if Princess Aemi married the crown prince so that you guys can be together always?" The king laughed at his statement. While Aemi was shocked for a second and then just laughed along as the entire hall filled with laughter. The empress looks lovingly at Aemi and she was feeling uncomfortable by that.  "Eyyyyy What are you talking about your majesty, Princess Aemi already has Prince Myungsoo by her side," Yumi stated. Aemi looked at her with 'what the hell you're talking about' expression. "It doesn't seem like it. Is this true Princess Aemi?" The Empress is now asking her directly. "Your majesty, Prince Myungsoo is just a cousin of mine who is overly protective. I think Princess Yumi mistakenly see us as something more. But, for now, I am not interested in-" "That’s great!" The empress exclaimed before Aemi can finish her words. "…marriage" She continued. Now, it seems like she was giving them a green light for a marriage proposal. Aemi worriedly sighed while yumi just snickered.

 

Kris just watched her secretly. He was, feeling good hearing what she said. "I am sure our crown prince doesn't mind marrying you." The empress stated. Kris looks at his mother blankly. He was guessing that her mom knew. "If it is for politics, I don't really mind. It will strengthen the bond within two countries." The empress looked at him disappointedly, as did rest of the royal family. While Aemi glared at him directly. She didn't even care of her surrounding. Yumi nudged her to lower her gaze.

 

The Crown Prince eyes sought hers and smiled. "Unless I fall deeply in love for the princess of course," Aemi was not impressed while Yumi was fangirling mentally as he was indirectly confessing his love for her  but Aemi thought differently. "So, your highness are you saying that you will get multiple wives?" Aemi refuted back. The whole room was silent. Yumi who was daydreaming now looks panickedly at her. "No, if you don't want to. I will not have multiple wives." Kris stated back. Aemi was taken aback. "Well…. I don’t want to get married. FULL STOP" Princess Aemi quickly got up and left the room. She was rejecting the  crown princes in front of the Emperor and the Empress themselves. She knew that she will get punished for this.

 

All of the people who were in the room looked at the crown prince, waiting for his reaction. "I never said that I want to marry her anyway." He laughed then the whole room was full of laughter again. The Empress was not impressed with her son while the Emperor secretly looked at his son, checking whether he is fine. The both know him really well. Yumi excused herself afterward. She was worried for Aemi.

 

After dinner, the Emperor summoned the crown prince to his chamber. He believes that he needs to know his son feelings. The Empress was there too. “Your Majesty, don’t you think this is not needed? He’s a grown man already. He knows-“ “He needs to get married as soon as possible. This is not a game. A lot of rumors have been speculated.” The Empress nodded in agreement. “Your majesty! The crown prince is here” The eunuch announced. “Bring him in,”

Kris bowed to them and sat down opposite them. “Your majesty, may I know why you are summoning me here?” Kris looked worriedly at both at them. “We will send a messenger proposal alongside Princess Aemi tomorrow when the guards take her back to Joseon. You will marry Princess Aemi no matter what.” Kris was taken aback, so was the Empress. “Your majesty!” The Empress exclaimed. Kris regained back his composure. “I accept, your majesty.” He can’t do anything now. It’s the Emperor’s order. The Empress looked at the crown prince worriedly. “You may go now,” The Empress looked at the Emperor questionably. “He needs to be pushed,” The Emperor just replied shortly.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.