First Step

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 18 : First Step
"She will be mine soon,"
 
 

The day of their planned rebellion has come. "Tonight, this whole thing will be over," Sungjae said to his followers. They all shouted, ready for the battle. Myungsoo, Leo and Junki were all beside him. Taeyong was not there as he decided to be with Aemi in China. He had a bad feeling about the plan somehow and he worried about Aemi as well.

 

"Aemi! Where is this Taeyong guy? Is he late?" Yumi was pacing back and forth. She wanted to meet Taeyong as she said she is interested in him. Aemi sighed. They were waiting at the border. Aemi was wearing the black hoodie and mask again. Then footsteps can be heard. Aemi went out of the carriage only to be greeted by the King's delegation. Yumi who followed her next was shocked to see the delegation as well. "What's going on?" Aemi whispered to Yumi. Yumi worriedly looked at her. "The emperor has given permission to get Princess Aemi," The eunuch looked directly to Princess Yumi. "How did they know?" Yumi whispered. Aemi stepped back, pretending to be Yumi's worker.

 

Yumi gulped and remain her composure. "I do not know what you guys are talking about. Princess Aemi is not with me," Yumi confidently told them. Aemi was proud to see her friend. The eunuch then smirked. "Then she will not mind about him?" One of the guards pushed someone to the front. When Aemi saw his face, her eyes widen in shock. Taeyong was forced to kneel down while a sword was next to his neck. He was looking down. Yumi shock expression was shown. The eunuch smile in victory. "H-how-" Yumi was stuttering.

 

"Give us Princess Aemi and we will not kill him," The eunuch announced. Aemi clutch her fists in anger. Then Taeyong looked at her in the eyes, his eyes telling her to stay low and don't worry about him. Yumi was shaking. She has never been in this situation before. Aemi sighed and when the eunuch was going to talk again, Aemi surrendered herself. "I'm here," Aemi pulled down her hoodie and mask. The eunuch smile oh so innocently to

Aemi watched from afar as her funeral took place with a black hoodie and a mask to hide her identity. She sighed seeing how people faked their cries. "I can't believe this. I thought Princess Aemi will be the Queen someday," Two elders were talking with each other as Aemi overheard them. "Yes, I thought she will be the next Queen too. I mean come on, have you seen Lady Seolhyun? She is pretty but I can tell from her actions that she is not interested in governing the country. While Princess Aemi was on the different level," Aemi smiled hearing such compliments from the elders. She then made her way to the entrance of the village where she met Taeyong. Taeyong will her until she reaches China border where then Yumi will take care of her. Since Aemi can ride a horse, they reached their destination in no time.

 

Aemi looked at the big gate while Taeyong went down from his horse. "We have arrived Princess Aemi," He informed Aemi. "You don't need to call me that anymore. Princess Aemi is already dead," Aemi's statement shocked Taeyong for a bit. "A-Are you not coming back?" He sounded desperate. Aemi hesitated to answer first when a familiar voice called her name. Yumi was there, in the middle of the open gate, waving happily at Aemi and gestured her to come quickly. There was something deep down in Aemi's heart that questioned her plan. Is she running away? Yes. Aemi gave a signal to her friend to wait for awhile. Yumi pouted but nevertheless nodded her head.

 

"Taeyong, I do not know if I will come back or not. But if anything happens, you are welcome to contact me anytime. In fact, do you want to come with me now?" Aemi's offer made Taeyong speechless. He wished he could come with her but his duty has not yet done. He refused the offer politely and wished the best of luck to Aemi. Aemi patted his head which again earned a shock look from Taeyong. "You just like a dongsaeng to me. Take care of yourself well. Eat well. Sleep well. Don't hate. Just live, love and laugh," Aemi chuckled at her words of support. Taeyong looked at Aemi kindly. Aemi then excused herself as Yumi was being annoying. She has been calling her even though she knew that Aemi was still talking.

 

As Aemi crossed the line, the gate was closing where Aemi saw Taeyong waving goodbye to her. "Who is that cutie?" Yumi commented while eyeing Taeyong while the gate was closing. "Ouch!" Aemi nudged her with a 'really?' look. Yumi pouted and pretended to be hurt. "I was talking to him while you impatiently called my name! You just ruin the family talk. Yes! He is like a brother to me!" Aemi walked toward the carriage, leaving Yumi behind who whiningly followed her.

 

"Did she crossed the border?" Myungsoo asked Taeyong who said yes in return. "So are we going with the plan?" Junki crossed his arms. Sungjae and Leo were there too. The whole thing was Sungjae's plan. Sungjae actually did not like it that Junki also here, joining the plan because it was not a part of his plan. He refused to say anything before Myungsoo explains everything. Myungsoo sighed seeing the same usual personality of Sungjae. "He already in the plan and plus, he was the one who convinced Princess Aemi to fake her death. He initiated the plan. So it will be weird for him not to be in the plan," Myungsoo explained to the two of them. Sungjae and Leo nodded their head, agreeing with Myungsoo's words. Junki was getting impatient with their ego personality. "Are we going with the plan or not? Stop wasting my time," Junki commented while looking straight at Sungjae. Sungjae mentally calmed himself and told them everything of his plan.

 

In the palace, Jaejoong heard the news. It was true. He had told his investigator to check the truth of Taeyong's words. He swallowed a cup of alcohol while the maid kept on adding more when the cup was empty. He was angry. Angry the fact that he cannot go to her funeral. He threw the cup to the wall. The maid was trembling. "Your Majesty, Lady Seolhyun is here," The door open revealing Lady Seolhyun with a flirty smile. Jaejoong signalled all the maid to get out. She seductively approached Jaejoong and dropped her clothes. She was as she sat on his lap, kissing his neck hungrily. Jaejoong smirked and nailed her down on the bed. As Seolhyun was going to kiss him, he let her go and stood up. Seolhyun was confused. Did she just got rejected? Yes. "Waegurae?" She asked with a pouty lip.

 

"Did you kill Princess Aemi?" Seolhyun gulped upon hearing the question. "Princess Aemi is dead?" She asked innocently. Too innocently that made Jaejoong irked. "The wedding is off," Jaejoong then left the room as confused and Seolhyun was too shock to even move on the bed. The door then opens, revealing a few old men. They looked at Seolhyun in lust as the quickly approached her. Seolhyun screamed for help as they touched her body all over. She was that night.

 

Jaejoong heard her screamed and laughed. This is her punishment. "Your majesty, you are right, they said someone crossed the border this afternoon. The guard said Princess Yumi was there to get the person. They cannot see clearly their faces as they wore a black mask" Jaejoong smirked, Princess Aemi is not dead yet. He knew this all along. There is no way a mere assassin can kill Princess Aemi especially when Prince Junki and Prince Myungsoo always by her side. He never has any intention to marry Lady Seolhyun. He was forced to as the ministers pressured him to get an heir as soon as possible and Lady Seolhyun was just a perfect candidate for him at that time. "Send a letter to the Emperor, tell him that a delegation will come to get Princess Aemi, do it secretly," The eunuch bowed and excused himself. Even though it hurts him to see Aemi get hurt, he just cannot let her go. "She will be mine soon," He said to himself as he looked around his empty room. He is done playing around trying to confirm his feeling. He needed her to be by his side desperately.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.