Back Again

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 4: Back again
"You know, the clothes is kind of different than… wait… are we in Joseon?" 
 
 

 Urgh.. My back hurts… Yumi! Get off me!" Aemi pushed Yumi off her. Their memories started to come back at that time. All the memories of them in the Joseon Dynasty. Yumi looked at Aemi warily. She realised that they are stuck again in the past. Aemi who was still worrying about her dirty pant, still didn't know that they are back again to the Joseon Dynasty.

 

"Aish, Yumi.  I told you it was- " Aemi looked around her, scanning her new environment. She realised the air feel so different and she remembered every single thing. "bwo-ya, y-yah yumi, We stuck again!? ….. did you bring any hanbok?" Aemi looked warily at her friend, hoping for her to say yes. Yumi gulped and shook her head. "We're doomed!!!" Aemi frantically shouted. "They're gonna kill us if they see us like this. Are you-"

 

Footsteps can be heard by the two of them. Yumi pulled Aemi into the bushes. There were two young ladies carrying laundry with them. "I think heaven is in our side," Aemi whispered staring at the laundry. "I know right. Lets go and steal it from them." Yumi was standing up when she got pulled back down by Aemi. "Michiseo! You said steal, not rob. They can't see us like this. And don't you think the way they talk is a lilttle bit similar to mandarin? And their faces too. Or is it just me?" Aemi looked at her side to where Yumi supposed to be. "Bwo- bwoya? Where did this girl go?" Aemi looked around the path and can't see anyone. "Aish this girl." Aemi mentally noted herself to always keeping an eye on Yumi.

 

"Miss me?" "Omaya!" Aemi was shocked by the sudden appearance of Yumi. She was already wearing a commoner hanbok. "Hehe, there you go." She handed her another hanbok. "Don't worry, it's clean. Turn out they went swimming first and left their clothes on the side of the river. It's their spare clothes." Yumi flashed her a smile. "Aish, I was worry you know." She took the clothes from her and quickly changed.

 

"You know, the clothes is kind of different than… wait… are we in Joseon?" Aemi asked after changing her clothes. "Well…. We're actually at Ming! Remember? I'm the princess here. I forgot to tell you about it. Mian." Yumi sheepishly smiled at her. "You forgot? Or you don't want to tell me?" Aemi glared at her.

 

"Araso…. both." Yumi put her tongue out. "Aish! This girl. So what are we gonna do now? Your royal highness?" Aemi playfully said. "Palace! Isn't it better to be in the palace? The emperor can help since he knows our secret. He's the one who help me." Yumi suggested rather happily. "and how we're going there?" Aemi asked as a matter of fact. "Well, I made friends with some of the people here so it wouldn't take long for the news to reach the Emperor," Yumi explained her plan in a brief. Aemi looked at her doubly.

 

"Come one, let's go." Yumi dragged her to a near village. As they arrived, they immediately recognised Yumi. "Princess Yumi, what are you doing here again? Did you sneaked out again?" A middle age woman asked Yumi worriedly. "Not really, I was playing. Yeah! With my friend here, she's the princess of Joseon.  We went to the wrong path so we ended up getting here." Yumi just babbled nonsense to the lady. Aemi who doesn't understand mandarin just sheepishly smile and nodded her head. " Oh my, I apologised for my rude behaviour. Your Royal Highness" The lady apologised in Korean and was going to bow but Aemi stopped her. "We're not in the palace and I believe I don't want to attract any attention either," Aemi stated worriedly. The lady smiled back at her. "Yes, your high-" "Aemi, just call me that."

 

The middle age lady gave them a place to stay for awhile before their ride comes. She sent someone to inform the palace guard about it. "Yumi-ah, I heard you went to travel around the world. I was worried. Did your journey went well?" The lady asked in concern. "Hmmm, ahh yeah. Well, it doesn't actually. Look at me" Yumi laughed. The lady gave her a stern look. "Please don't do this again, Princess. You do know the Emperor cherishes you as her daughter. I never see him smile like that. He always wanted a daughter." The lady worriedly looked at her. "Yes, I will." Yumi smiled assuring to her.

It was silent for a moment till Yumi started to speak again. "Why did you quit being the palace head maid?" Yumi asked. She's been wondering about it for awhile. "I want freedom." That was all the lady said before she sat up. 

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
Sorry guys for not updating for such a long time. I have a weekly online article to do T.T I'll try to update as much as possible next week since im having my mid-sem break now ^^ have a nice weekend everyone