Accident - The Present Time

The Book Of Fate

Aemi's POV:

"We need to treat her as soon as possible! She loses so many blood already," "Yes Doctor!" "We'll bring her in the emergency room now!" Everything was dark all I can hear is just voices. "What's her heart beat?" "Still normal Doc," "Okay, we're almost done," All over my body was painful. I can't move. "Doc, she's waking up," "Dosed her up more. I can't continue the operation if she's conscious. It's going to be painful for her," "Deh!"

 

"Beep…"  "beep…" "beep…" I opened my eyes slowly and tried to move my fingers. "Honey! She's waking up," I heard my dad's voice. "Aemi-Ah," I can felt someone hold my hand dearly. Finally, when I succeed opening my eyes, I saw my parents and my little brother. All of them carried a worry expression. "Call the doctor," my mum asked my brother who ran and quickly called the doctor. I looked around me. Am I dead? Was it all just a dream?

 

The doctor came and adjust the bed so I was in sitting position. "Ahn Aemi, can you hear me?" He asked. I nodded my head. A smile plastered on his face. He then shone a light on my eyes and smile again. "She is fine, Mr and Mrs Ahn. We will do a full body checkup after she recovers enough," The doctor then excused himself. "Thank God, you're fine," My mum put my hand on her cheek as she smiles thankfully. My dad was crying in relief. While my brother looked at me worriedly. What happened? Did I manage to get back? I want to speak but I was still wearing the oxygen mask and not long after that, I felt so tired and fell asleep.

 

"Ahn aemi," I can hear my name being called. Opening my eyes slowly, I was greeted by a few doctors. One of them got close to my face. "We need you to stay awake, nod if you can hear me," I nodded my head once. The doctor smiled. "Can you speak?" He carefully took off the oxygen mask from me. I opened my mouth to speak but it was difficult. "I…. Y-y-yes," I managed to make a sound. It was like that for a few days till I managed to speak properly.

 

After 3 weeks, I can finally walk by myself which is a good progress considering I cracked my head and a piece of metal almost hit my heart. People called it a miracle. Apparently, the bus which we used for the trip got into an accident and some did not survive. Yumi was lucky to just break her leg. The survivors were telling the story of their experiences during the crash but strangely, I cannot remember anything. Yumi said I flew out the bus. But why is it that I cannot remember it? I remembered that I was struck by an arrow on my chest while I was at Joseon Dynasty. Feeling so confused, I decided to not tell anyone yet about my dream which was too real to be just a dream.

 

After a month in the hospital, I was able to go home already. "Welcome back!" My family celebrated. It was night time, alone in my room, I kept on thinking about my dream. The fact that I've never been to the museum confused me. I asked Yumi about Kim Myung Soo but she doesn't know anything about him. "Argh! This is really confusing!" I shouted. Suddenly, the door opened revealing my worry parents. "Gwenchana?" My mum asked worriedly. I gave them my assurance smile and so they excused myself, not forgetting to tell me to get a good rest time. The doctor said I can get back to university after a month which means I have to skip this semester. Did I rewind back time? I swore that I clearly remembered that I was nearly finished with this semester.

 

The next semester has finally come. My mum was still worried about me, well, more about my strange behaviour. Sometimes, I talked like historical people and even my attitude also. The fact I woke up early in the morning without her banging on my door also worry her more. "Bye mum, dad, and bro. I'm going now," I bid them goodbye. Finally, I missed studying so much. Yumi was waiting for me at the bus stop. "Yah! Kaja!" I said when the bus arrived on time. We were sitting in the back row. "Are you okay now?" Yumi asked me. "Of course, this is Ahn Aemi we're talking about," She laughed. "Glad to know that," We then laugh together.

 

For a week, nothing much had happened. I was walking toward the library. Yumi was there already. When suddenly, a familiar car stopped in front of the library. I clearly recognised it from my dream. Myungsoo. It was his car. I am sure of it. The front door opened. I gulped, focusing my view on his face. The guy from my dream was real. He was real. What is going on? I walked passed him with beating heart.

 

"Excuse me," I heard his voice and stopped. He walked in front of me and bend a little to make eye level. "Don't you remember me?" He asked. He was too close to my face that I stepped back which was a wrong move as I fell backwards. Fortunately, or not, he grabbed my waist preventing me from getting any injury. He smirks and leans in closer to my face, moving my body closer to his. "Are you sure? I saw you in my dream though, Ahn- Ae-mi," He was smiling widely when he noticed how shock I was. Was the dream real?