The Emperor's rage

The Book Of Fate
Chapter 9 : The Emperor's Rage
"I have never asked for anything. Just this time, your highness, please" 
 
 

"Prince Myungsoo is here to see you, your Majesty!" The guard announced. The emperor signalled the eunuch to open the door. Prince Myungsoo went in and bowed to the Emperor in respect. The Emperor smiled as he knew exactly what reason he came for. "Your Majesty I came here to inform-" "That you are going to marry Princess Aemi to stop the marriage between the Crown Prince Kris and her. Is it?" Prince Myungsoo was baffled. "I believe I have never heard about this before, your Majesty. I-" "You are not seeing this right are you, Prince Myungsoo. I am the Emperor, no one can defy my order. I believe you and Princess Aemi have not married yet. This marriage will go on no matter what." "Your Majesty!" Prince Myungsoo shouted while his knees fall to the floor. "H-how dare you raising your voice in front-" The eunuch was cut off by the Emperor. "Then will you do something for me instead?" The Emperor smiled slyly. Prince Myungsoo knew this is wrong but he cannot let Aemi marry someone who she does not love. "Your Highness!" Kris broke in. "How dare you!?" The Emperor shouted angrily. Kris immediately bowed on the floor. "I have never asked for anything. Just this time, your highness, please" Kris was determined and seeing this, making the Emperor had a second thought. It was silent for awhile as the Emperor was contemplating. "Prince Myungsoo, I hereby cancel the marriage plan. But as a request, Princess Aemi must go visit Princess Yumi once every month, and I believe, you don't have to marry Princess Aemi now." The Emperor ordered. Prince Myungsoo and Crown Prince Kris bowed to the Emperor and thanked him.

 

After both of them left, the Empress who has been hiding behind the crown chair, showed herself. "Your highness, you made a good choice." The Empress smiled at him. The Emperor just sighed. "When I thought I have the chance…."

 

Aemi was walking back and forth continuously. Yumi who has been watching her become restless. "Yah!" She threw the pillow at her. Aemi stopped and glared at her and then made a crying face. "Don't you know the pillow is hard here T.T" Yumi's eyes widen. "Omg! I am so sorry Aemi!" Yumi rushed to her while rubbing Aemi's shoulder. "Crown Prince Kris and Prince Myungsoo are here to see you, your highness,"

 

"Open the door," Yumi ordered the Eunuch. Both of them went in immediately. They were both smiling. Aemi and Yumi stared at them anticipating what they were going to say. "You will be marrying me! Congrats!" Kris said rather happily. Myungsoo was still smiling widely. Aemi fell to the ground speechless like the world is ending soon. Yumi showed an angry face at them. "He was just kidding." Myungsoo bent down and helped Aemi get up. "You won't be marrying anyone, don't worry my princess." Aemi sighed in relief. "I don't know why but I feel offended" Kris commented which earned him a smack in the head by Yumi. "Oppa, are you drunk? You're always like this when you're drunk." Yumi eyed him. "Am I?  I don't think so? Did I drink some before? Oh wait! I did! Oh my~ How forgetful I am." Kris attempting Aegyo. The faces of the three of them darkened. "Never ever let him drink again," Aemi reminded Yumi. Yumi nodded in agreement. "But, he looks so adorable," Myungsoo unexpectedly said. Yumi and Aemi's faces darkened. "Are you drunk?" Aemi asked.

"Prince Myungsoo, if you say that again. I might kill you." Yumi threatened.

 

"Gosh, Drunk Kris is so disgusting." Yumi commented. Aemi nodded her head. It was already night. "But drunk Kris looks more free. Its like all the burdens on his shoulder are lifted. He must be having a hard time Yumi. You should help him out if you can." Aemi advised her. Yumi smiled at her. "This is why I am friends with you Aemi-ah~~!" Yumi hugged Aemi. Aemi hugged her back. They broke  the hug. "Lets go to sleep. You have a long journey tomorrow." Yumi suggested. "Yes, I'm gonna ride a horse." Aemi excitedly exclaimed. "I told you many-" "Myungsoo will not say no to this" Aemi smirked. Yumi put her hands up. "I gave up when it comes to your Prince Charming." "Stop with the teasing already Yumi!" Aemi defended.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes
.