Now and Then

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ji, she's back."

 

My hand froze in the air momentarily before continuing to pour the coffee into my cup, asking nonchalantly. "Who's back?"

 

When I jolly well knew who the 'she' was.

 

"Yoong. Yoona." 

 

I managed to keep a straight expression, shrugging my shoulders. "Oh." 

 

"Yah, what's with that expression?" 

 

"Nothing. It's my typical 'I-do-not-give-a--' expression." 

 

"Damn! Ji, it's been 2 years already and you're still at it? Let it go already bro." 

 

"Easy to say when you're not the one being dumped so brutally."

 

"She didn't break up with you!" 

 

"She chose to walk OUT of my life, not me. Remember how she dragged her luggage away even after I pleaded for her not to go because I really needed her? You can forget, but I can't." 

 

"She didn't have a choice back then. It was an opportunity not to be missed Ji. You know how important that is to her." 

 

"I know. But I just didn't expect it to be more important than me. So now that I know and had accepted, I'm done with her things," I rattled on, catching my breath and eventually letting out a sigh as I pointed to my heart. "Because here, hurts. It really hurts whenever I think about her." 

 

And I took my coffee cup, walking off. 

 

Seunghyun hyung didn't call after me. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Yoong please. I really need you by my side right now. Don't leave me. Umma left, don't leave me too..." 

 

I was on my knees as I held her waist, tears streaming down my cheeks, begging her not to leave. She was dragging a case with a cello hidden between its velvet walls. 

 

"I'm-I'm sorry... I-I have to go Ji... T-This is my last shot..." 

 

I could hear the sadness and worry in her voice but that didn't stop her footsteps. She pried my arms away and continued to walk away. 

 

"The moment you walk out now, we're over," I said, with a mix of anger and fear. 

 

She froze for a mere second.

 

"I'm sorry..." 

 

What left with me was a backview that faded into the night...

 

"Jiyong!"

 

I snapped out of my trance and blinked, plastering a smile across my face as Kush hyung came forward, fist bumping with me. 

 

"Thanks for coming man. But why are you sitting here sitting here alone, instead of mingling with other composers?" he took a seat beside me, asking me concerningly.

 

I let out a sigh, wanting to tell him what Seunghyun hyung had told me about three days ago. He didn't have the time to gather with us since he was preparing himself for this award ceremony. But before I could utter a word, a squeal was heard. 

 

"Oppa! The friend that I want to introduce to you is here!" 

 

Both of us looked up and saw Kush hyung's girlfriend, Vivian walking towards us with a huge grin and she was holding on to the hand of a woman behind her. 

 

We were shocked. 

 

What I didn't want to happen, still happened after all. Despite all my running and hiding. 

 

"Yoona, this is my boyfriend Kush and my favourite oppa, Jiyong!" 

 

She was in her black woolen dress and saphhire studs. The same old outfit that she wore on the day she left... 

 

"Y-Yoong..." 

 

Even Kush hyung couldn't believe his eyes as his voice faltered at the end. 

 

"Kush oppa..." 

 

The voice hadn't change. It's still the same voice that rings sweetly in the ears, that resonates in the night. 

 

The same voice that I'd fallen so hard for. 

 

"Oh? Yoong, you know Kush oppa beforehand already?" 

 

She gave a gentle smile, tucking her tendrils behind her ears - an action that she does whenever she feels embarrassed. "Well, we're good f-"

 

"Excuse me for a moment." 

 

I couldn't stay here, not even for another minute.

 

"Ji!"

 

I need to get out of here. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"J-Ji! W-Wait up!" 

 

I walked out of the hotel ballroom, ignoring the fact that there was a standing ovation, signaling the start of the ceremony. I picked up my steps once I left the room and before I even reached the end of the hallway, the same old voice came haunting after me. 

 

I froze. 

 

"Ji... I-" 

 

"Stop. Don't call me that. I don't think we're close enough for you to be calling me that," I shut my eyes, trying to stop the surge of anger. 

 

I didn't receive an immediate reply, but instead received a back hug. 

 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to leave you back then! I didn't want to! But..." I could feel the warmth of her cheek radiating against my back, setting my heart into an erratic pace again. 

 

I clenched my fist, trying to suppress the yearnings. I was angry, still am and I couldn't bring myself to forgive her just like that.

 

"But what? But you can't give up on your dreams right? Yes, I understand and I let you go. So now Yoona-sshi, please let me go," I pried her hands away from my waist and turned around, giving a cold smirk. 

 

It felt like the same old scene being reenacted, albeit I was the one walking away now. 

 

"I was always meant for you..." I could hear her soft whisper. "Even then with my tennis shoes and wild hair... Between hotel rooms and standing ovation, I'm still meant for you. Even now..." 

 

I froze in my steps yet again, but within the next, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to ignore my heart that was lurching. 

 

Meant for me? 

 

Who is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter