Home

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm just so glad to finally be returning home man! No more potatoes for the time being! RICEEEEE!" My assistant let out a hugh sigh.

 

"Yeahs, I'm glad to be coming back too..." I smiled at his exaggerated expression, staring at my phone screen lovingly.

 

"Miss her, don't you?" My assistant winked at me cheekily.

 

"Of course. It's been AGES since I last seen her. You know, before I left, her tummy was flat. But damn, just two days ago, when I was video-conferencing with her, her tummy was so huge that she even have difficulty bending down to pick up a pen! Almost scare the hell out of me I tell you."

 

"Well, at least she listened to you, quitting her job when she's only three months pregnant."

 

"Correction. She didn't want to, she was forced to. And technically, she didn't quit, she just had a change to become a ground crew."

 

"You guys," my assistant chuckled and shook his head. "Come on. If it wasn't for her being an air stewardess, I'm pretty sure you won't even get the chance to meet her, let alone worrying about her not being able to bend down to pick up a pen."

 

"That's true," I smiled, with my headphones snugged around my ears as I looked out of the window.

 

Wonder if you had thought of me on airplanes. While sitting down when you don't have to attend anyone, with the clouds below. Do you think of my hands as you are exploring new territory - the freedom, the thrill, the rush?

 

Well, though you pretty much hadn't been flying since months ago, I still can't help but wonder about this. Like when you're watching planes touching down safely, whether were you hoping that one of the passengers would be me.

 

I think of you on jet planes. In thoughts that go a million miles an hour. Over toy towns and towers made of tin. I'd travelled more than half of Europe and yet, nothing feels real without you.

 

What I didn't tell anyone was that I was kind of afraid. We didn't establish a real relationship and I only realised that you're pregnant after I had flown off. I mean of course I wouldn't have a doubt that the child is mine, but during the first phase, when I couldn't seem to find you, do you think of what could have been? Like in the early morning light when you wake up next to some stranger, wondering why don't you feel a thing. In every bar room, where you are always being approached by guys, and bedroom where you're forced into conversation or giving away parts of yourself - do you miss me?

 

"I'm not with any guy you idiot. Every guy shuns the moment I tell them I'm having a timebomb inside my stomach that will explode in 8 months. If you're that afraid, maybe you should start coming back and watch over me."

 

That's what you always say and somehow, I became secured just like that.

 

I hope you miss me like I miss you.

 

I can't wait to see you.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"So, I guess I won't see you back today? Or should I say you won't be staying with me anymore?"

 

"You wish," I chuckled and punched him on the shoulder playfully. "Even if I were to move out, I'll be back to take my things."

 

"Yeah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter