To Know Him

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like how people always say, there's always a story behind a person's growth. 

 

I grew up in the orphanage since I was 6, for sure it was a tough time but with the care and love showered by the caretaker, I can proudly say that I grew up healthily and most importantly, happily. 

 

But things took a turn when I was about to get into high school. 

 

I'm kinda an introvert. It was tough for me when I first went into high school and I'd to stay in the dorms instead of going 'home' since the orphanage was pretty far away from school. 

 

And what's worse was, instead of being in the same school with my friends from the orphanage, we were all scattered to different schools. 

 

I felt like I was all alone, all over again. 

 

I don't take the initiative to talk to people. If there were some kind soul who came over to start a conversation with me, I would just reply them with one or two words. 

 

Just when I thought my life in high school was going to go down the drain, without any company.

 

This bunch of people pulled me into their circles; there were a mixture of guys and girls. 

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Im Y-Yoona."

 

"Nice to meet you Yoona! I'm Kwon Yuri."

 

She had this really bright smile in comparision with her dark complexion. She's like the sunshine in the group.

 

As usual, I was really quiet at first but they didn't seem to mind it as they would just continue blabbing. 

 

Everyone introduced themselves, except for this one guy. It was till the extend when I thought he's not accepting me well. 

 

But Yuri said that it's not the case and he's always like this, And I got to know his name through the other's mouth. 

 

Kwon Jiyong. 

 

What an interesting guy.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

However, the more quiet he is, the more I'm attracted to him, paying more attention to his each and every movement.

 

I wanted to get to know him, desperately. 

 

I've gotten so much closer to the clique, and he was still as quiet like the first time we met. 

 

"If you want to know his heart, pay close attention to what angers him."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

We were at the school's library while waiting for the next class. It's only Yuri and I. 

 

"It's from the book," She smiled. "If you want to know his heart, pay attention to what angers him."

 

"Why are you always reading such books?" I couldn't help but to smile, Yuri is so into poetry lately.

 

"They are interesting! And most importantly, they are scarily relatable."

 

I shook my head, before standing up.

 

"I'm going to the restroom."

 

"I can accompany you." Well, it's normal that Yuri was worried. Let's just say that I got disturbed quite frequently because of my background. 

 

"Nah, it's alright. Don't worry."

 

I couldn't be hiding behind them whenever I'm afraid. Eventually, I've to deal with all this, all by myself.

 

I headed into the toilet and nothing happened so far.

 

I was glad and heaved a sigh of relieve, but I guessed it was too early to do so. 

 

The door came swinging open when I was about to get out.

 

"Where do you think you're going?"

 

"Eh? Your FRIENDS aren't with you?" 

 

"No more bodyguards around~"

 

"Did they ditch you too?" One of them sniggered. "Is it because they found out you're from a orphanage?"

 

I tried to ignore their words but every time someone mentioed it, I would start to boil in anger. 

 

"What do you guys want? I don't remember offending any of you."

 

I tried to keep my cool, talking to them nicely.

 

"Look at her, she's talking back aren't she?"

 

All of them glared at me, all I could see next was a pair of hands stretching out to grab my hair.

 

"YAH! LET GO!"

 

"This teaches you to not talk back, understand?!"

 

"Get out of the school, it's not a place that you can stay."

 

"You don't even have a background, who says that you can stay?"

 

Korea High is a very well known school, not only in Korea but overseas too.

 

Every student here have a solid background. 

 

I was actually accepted in due to my results and recommendation from my teachers. To be able to enter this school was my dream, now that I'm in, no one was going to take that from me. 

 

"I'm not going to leave this sch, never! Stop it and let go of my hair!" I gave her a push and reach for the handle on the door.

 

And guess who I saw outside? With myself in such state?

 

It was him, Kwon Jiyong.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

I was in a mess, my hair was all messed up and my eyes were teary due to the pain.

 

And when I saw him, it felt as if I've found someone to lean on.

 

Tears were at the brim of my eyes as I tried to act as if nothing had happened but when their voices came shouting from inside, I immediately reached out for him.

 

Weak, I know. 

 

"YAH! IM YOONA!"

 

He gave me a slight pull, hiding me behind his back.

 

"YAH! YOU SER-"

 

After that was a piece of silence, I didn't dare to peek out. There was not a single soul in this corridor except for us. He did not utter a word but eventually the girls ran off in a rush. 

 

After they were gone, I wanted to pull away, removing my hands that was clenching to the material on his waist.

 

Instead, I was being pulled away, into the emergency exit.

 

We were behind the door, I was about to look up and thank him, telling him that I'm fine. 

 

However, something unexpected happened. 

 

He exploded. 

 

"DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF?! THEY GRABBED YOUR HAIR AND YOU JUST STAYED STILL LETTING THEM GRAB ONTO YOU?"

 

The whole exit was echoed with his sentence and it was terrifying.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter