The Rose

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever loved a rose, and watch her slowly bloom;

 

Im Yoona, she's the daughter of uncle Im, both families have very good ties and was partner in the business industries.

 

"Jiyong oppa!"

 

"Yes, my Yoong?"

 

That explains why we were together for the most of the time. Both families was busy, flying in and out of the country. She doesn't want to stay home alone with the caretakers and was whinning to come over to our house. Uncle Im have no choice but to go with her, you don't know how adamant is she when she set her mind on something.

 

Actually, we only stayed few houses apart.

 

"Gaho doesn't like me," she pouted, holding to my hand. "He ran away even before I approach him."

 

She was two year younger than me, currently 8 years old. An age where everyone love and adores.

 

Gaho is a pet dog we bought recently, this is the main reason why she kept wanting to come over.

 

"Silly, he's not familiar with you." I gave a few on her head as I passed her some treats. "Go ahead with these, he will be all over you."

 

 She then got a little too close to Gaho, let me say this before hand, I'm not jealous.

 

It's no longer "Jiyong oppa, have you eaten?" Or "Jiyong oppa, did you miss me?"

 

It's always, "Jiyong oppa, has Gaho eaten?" Or "Jiyong oppa, did Gaho miss me?"

 

As her petals would unfold, you grew drunk on her perfume.

 

She starts to grow, from a little girl to a young adult. She's growing too fast for my comfort.

 

She was pretty ever since she was born, her features blooms even more when she grew.

 

So pretty that I wished to keep her as mine.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

Have you ever seen her dance, her leaves all wet with dew;

 

I was the one who bought her to the club on her 21st birthday.

 

It was a hell of the night, who knows that she would love club so much. For the whole night, I was practically protecting her from all those leeches trying to leech on her, keeping her by my side.

 

When dancing with her, she wasn't shy at all. I don't know if it's because the partner was me and she's so comfortable with me.

 

She was throwing me thise sly smiles, trying to . The thought of her doing this to some other guys, I couldn't take it anymore.

 

"Enough, let's get home."

 

"Ayyy oppa, you're no fun at all! It's only 2am! Two hours of my birthday just passed!" She hung her arms on my neck, whinning.

 

Hello, people that I partied with, They call me a party animal in club but I'm someone who is 'no fun' in club coming out from .

 

I really have no idea how to deal with this little minx.

 

"Alrights, 1 more hour if not uncle Im is going to chop my head off if he knows that  I bought you to the club."

 

Her dad was so strict about her drinking and not to mention clubbing. She was the one who begged me to bring her to a club as her birthday present.

 

"Okay!"

 

"One more condition, you have to keep by my side and you are not allowed to drink anything."

 

"And that makes it 2." She rolled her eyes "You're like a naggy grandpa!"

 

 "Yah, don't think that you've just turn 21 you can be so rude." I pinched on both side of her cheeks. "Deal or nah?"

 

"Deal!"

 

The year when she turned 21 was a great year for her, but not for me.

 

It was also the year where we drifted apart.

 

I watch her quivered with a new romance - the wind, he loved her too.

 

We don't spend as much time together. We stopped meeting up on every Saturday for brunch. We stopped talking to each other. Basically, we stopped everything we've been doing in the past.

 

She's like the rose so beautifully swaying along with the wind. Who love her so much.

 

There was this time when I was driving back I saw something I felt I shouldn't.

 

We stayed along the same road and I would have to pass by her house in order to reach mine. I purposely slowed down to see if there was any light lighted up in her room.

 

But guess what have I saw?

 

It was her boyfriend, sending her back. They were hugging tightly right infront or the doorstep. Before she went away, she planted a kiss on his lips, which he return it passionately.

 

If she were to pay attention to her surrounding, she will clearly know that the car belongs to me. And would actually run all the way down to great me.

 

But I guess, it was just the past. The Im Yoona now, don't even know who Kwon Jiyong is.

 

She only could see him in his eyes. Not Kwon Jiyong and not even Gaho.

 

If there's a chance, I'd like to ask the wind if he love her as much as I do.

 

Sometimes I'd ask myself how heartless she is, forgoing the sun for the wind.

 

When it's the sun that keeps her alive.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

Have you ever longed for her, on nights that go on and on;

 

The nights seems to be stagnant, there was no dawn during the nights when I'm thinking about her; every night in fact.

 

"Jiyong, has anything happened between you and Yoona?"

 

"U-Uh?" I was taken aback, I didn't know my mum will ask such thing. "Nothing."

 

"That's good. You know you were calling for her name when you were asleep last night."

 

I couldn't hear anything else after that. It was the night where I can barely fell asleep and I was even calling your name in my dreams.

 

How pathetic.

 

For now, her face is all a blur, like a memory kept too long.

 

I was even searching for her face in my dreams.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

Have you ever loved a rose, and bled against her thorns; and swear each night to let her go, then love her more by dawn.

 

The next ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter