Sad Things

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do you still write sad things?" You asked. "Even when I'm here, when I love you." 

 

I kept quiet, just pulling you into my embrace, allowing you to sit on my lap as I wrapped my arms tightly around your waist, taking in your scent. 

 

"Yah, are you not going to reply me?" You did not look at me, but just simply bending forward with a pout while continuing to stare at the lyrics that I'd written. "It's really sad..." 

 

Because someday, in one way or another, you will be taken from me or I you. 

 

But of course, I didn't say it out loud. 

 

"People like ballads more, no?" I smiled, tucking your loose strand of hair behind your ears. 

 

"People like Big Bang's upbeat songs more," you sighed and caressed my face. "I know why you're writing sad songs. Because you're afraid we-mphmmmmm..."

 

I swallowed your words into my stomach as I crashed my lips against yours. 

 

You have to know it's inevitable. 

 

Eternity?

 

It doesn't happen in this place call Earth. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"I know you're just afraid that we'd break up but oppa, whatever happened to you and your ex, it's the past! Look at us! We've been together for a year already! I wouldn't say it's all gold and glitter but we're doing just fine aren't we?" 

 

But like always, you aren't a quitter. 

 

You like to get to the bottom of the matter and would not stop until you get a satisfied explanation for it. 

 

Even when we're at your favourite restaurant, with you munching on your favourite food.

 

What can I do with you, Im Yoona?

 

"Yoong, you have to understand. This fear, this worry will never be gone," I gave a defeated smile as I held your hand, helping you to clean the corner of your lips. "But you have to know that the moment I met you, I-"

 

"You stopped writing for the past. You'd said that a million times," you pursed your lips. "But I still do not want you to write such sad songs! Didn't you say whenever you write about break ups, it somehow would curse you as well?" 

 

"Yes, I stopped writing for the past and, I no longer write for the present too," I chuckled at your expression, your cheek gently. "You make me happy Yoong. No doubts about that. So, when I write sad things, I'm just writing for the future." 

 

"But we might still be happy in the future! Not might, I KNOW we'd be happy in the future. Didn't you always say that it's like a curse? Whenever you write sad songs, it would happen? Do you really want us to break up?" You pouted in dismay, removing my hand from your cheek. 

 

"Yoong, of course not! You know it'll never be of my choice to break up with you. But you know, sometimes... Things just don't work out the way we wanted them to be. Like, look at how you and Lee Seung Gi turns out? Everyone thought that you guys would be together for eternity." 

 

"Well, that's what they think. I for one, knew that he wouldn't be my last," you retorted. "The feelings he gave me and the feelings that you're giving me now are of two different tier. Why are you always comparing with him?" 

 

"Babe, I-"

 

"Forget it. Not going to argue with you any longer. I'm flying to Shanghai later tonight. Let's not have a fight before I go," you sighed and interrupted me, grabbing your bag and stood up.

 

"I'll send you back?" 

 

"It's okay. Manager oppa is coming to pick me up. I'll see you in a week's time? Just make sure you work on that song in the meantime and let me be the first to hear it," you gave a smile and a peck on my cheek. "I may not like what you're writing, but I'll still support you in everything you do." 

 

And you left chivalrously, leaving me speechless. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

[RUMORS] GIRLS' GENERATION YOONA DATING CHINESE ACTOR LI YIFENG?! WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION FROM BOTH PARTIES!

 

I couldn't sit still at all. 

 

"Hyung come on! Yoona is heads over heels for you! Why would she be dating some other guys seriously?!" 

 

I knew sad things are going to happen to me. It's just that I didn't expect it to be so fast. 

 

And most importantly, when it really comes, I'm overwhelmed. 

 

I didn't know what to do.

 

So I ended up being on the earliest flight to Shanghai.

 

"What are yo-..."

 

I pulled you into a deep hug the moment I saw you. I hugged you so tight that you couldn't even finish your sentence. We were standing in the hotel lobby, with most probably pairs of eyes staring at us but I couldn't care less. 

 

"Something happened back in Seoul?" 

 

You whispered as you patted my back. I just shook my head, tightening my hug, fearing that if I were to let go, you would disappear. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter