That Night

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

". Im Yoona. You knew about this LONG ago didn't you!" I shouted.

 

"Seriously? Are we really coming to this again? How was I supposed to tell you?! And even if I did, you wouldn't have believed!" She defended.

 

"I would have believed in you totally! You could have tried!"

 

"Like hell you'd believe me!" She shouted. "Oh, so now you want me to go like 'hey ex, your current girlfriend lied about her pregnancy. She aborted your baby instead of miscarrying. I happened to hear it over her phone conversation and oh, busted~' IS THAT HOW YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?!"

 

"Why are we even going back to the ex topic again?! We're talking about you LYING to me, not about our past!" I groaned in frustration.

 

"Oh really? But it seems like we ALWAYS would link to our past whenever we quarrel! You're always making things difficult for both of us, Kwon Ji Yong!"

 

"Oh, so now it's MY fault!? My fault for being a , believing whatever people tell me, my fault for feeling guilty, my fault for shouting at you," I shook my head, laughing incredculously.

 

"I'm done talking to you," she sighed, heading for the door.

 

"You're ing leaving just like that?!"

 

"Yes, I'm ING leaving!" She screamed and banged the door behind her.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"So hyung, quarrelled with Yoona again?" Seungri asked casually over the dinner.

 

It's been a week since the whole accident and yes, we hadn't been talking since then.

 

I shot a death glare at him, to which he raised his hands up in mock defeat, "bulleyes~"

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

"What is it about this time again," Young Bae asked, not at all surprised.

 

"Thought you'd know better. Fany is like BFF with you now. Pretty sure she tells you all the damn things about her groupmate," I snorted, slicing my steak.

 

"Yups she is, because you took away her Chanel bag, but no she didn't. Yoona was the one who told me this time," Young Bae answered to which I looked up, raising my brows in curiousity. "We happened to meet in Hong Kong. She was at the same event as Hyo Rin and I happened to be there to meet up with Hyo Rin."

 

I resumed cutting my steak. "So why are you asking again?"

 

"Because I would give you the benefit of doubt before you start whining like a baby, saying that we always side her without listening to you," Young Bae answered honestly even after I glared at him. "See what I mean?"

 

I sighed finally, "okays. She lied to me. That was such a grave matter! You guys know how ing down I was during that period! I was practically in a slump, crying myself in guilt!"

 

Thing was, I had been having an on-off relationship with Kiko and when I realised that she was pregnant, I decided to make us permanent but somehow, she told me the baby was gone and I was devastated, blaming myself for everything. I became an utter slump and whatever she says, I would not say no. Sure, it went well for the first month, but she soon grew tired of it and long story short, we quarrelled again and when she's busy shouting her heads off me, she blurted out everything.

 

And that's when all hell broke loose.

 

As to how I know Yoona knew about it much earlier than I do, it was because when I broke the news to her, she didn't have the reaction that I expected her to have and a couple more questions sent her over the edge.

 

"Yeahs, we know," Young Bae said. "But didn't you realise whenever it comes to Yoona, you'll get extra edgy?"

 

"It's more than extra actually, it's A LOT more edgy," Seungri added.

 

"I don't think so," I rebutted.

 

"You knew Fany knew about this matter too. Hell, it was Kiko who told her even. But all you did to her was to take away the Chanel bag that you bought for her," Young Bae pointed out.

 

"And that, I must add, is a very ungentlemanly act," Seungri added again.

 

I didn't know how to rebut.

 

"See what's your problem now?" Young Bae sighed. "Everyone knows how concern you are with Yoona and vice versa. Even after you guys broke up, sure, you all remained as friends. You have your girls, she have her fair share of goody-good boys. But didn't you guys realise no matter what, you guys are still affected by each other? And I must add, really affected?"

 

I fell silent, pondering while Young Bae continued to add, "A year ago was because of her break up with Lee Seung Gi which she didn't tell you about and thank god by the time you knew, Lee Seung Gi had went to army. If not I would have seen pictures of you being held in police custody for bashing people up."

 

"And just two months ago, you and her quarrelled because she merely sent a letter of encouragement to TOP hyung, without informing you," Seungri reminded. "You were so angry that you didn't even talk to TOP hyung even when he called during his free time. Oh, did I need to mention the fact that you shouted at her, throwing profanities at her?"

 

"Well, she did this time too," I muttered under my breath.

 

"Because she finally had enough," Young Bae chuckled. "She reacted over your stuffs too but she wasn't that out of the control. Fact is, Ji, you're not upset because of Kiko's lies. Sure, maybe you're upset for maybe a day or two, feeling betrayed and disappointed that you didn't get the chance to see your unborn child. But more than that, I feel that you're relieved. And well, you're upset because Yoona lied to you again. If she hadn't mean so much to you, you wouldn't have reacted like that every single time she does that. You do know that some things she doesn't have to tell you right? Like I'm sorry, but yeahs, you don't have the right over her life."

 

Each word hitting right on my heart.

 

"Hyung, you still love Yoona don't you?" Seungri asked. "Don't try to hide from us because you're hell of a easy person to read."

 

It took me awhile to find words back to my mouth," Truth is, I don't know... I really don't... You know, when it comes to her, I get extra edgy and I don't even know why! We always quarrel over the stupidest stuff and then made up again and the cycle repeats again. I don't even remember why and when did we break up and how did we even decide to remain as friends."

 

"You and Yoona are both stubborn creatures and we friends around you guys don't know why either," Young Bae smiled and patted my shoulder. "You know Yoona told me the exact same you just told me when I asked her if she still loves you? And yeahs, just a reminder, you guys broke up in 2013 over KIKO and your relationship. As to why you guys decide to remain as friends, might most probably because deep down, you guys know that the break up had been an impulsive one and truth is, both parties didn't want to disppear from the other party's life."

 

"Wow, is Dong Young Bae the love guru now?" I chuckled, shaking my head.

 

"Nopes. I just know the Girls' Generation girls better than you do," he shrugged.

 

"Oh right. Remind me why you and Yul broke up back then," I mocked.

 

"That's a topic for some other time," he rolled his eyes. "I can't believe you still have the decency to joke now when you're obviously in deep ."

 

"You know how stubborn she is. Even if I call, she wouldn't pick up. I usually wait for her to cool down and contact me," I shrugged my shoulders.

 

"Doubt she would do that anymore, hyung. She's really adamant this time round," Seungri answered. "Probably because it's Kiko again. You k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter