Soundtracks

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we are at the state of knowing each other, he once told me about his love for lyrics, how the words spoke to him like poetry.

 

He says he really respects poets, that they are amazing.

 

But I think that he's really amazing too.

 

I would often wonder about his playlist and the ghost who lives there. 

 

"Why are you always on your earpiece whenever I see you? I don't know what are you're listening to~" I came in front of him, speaking as I took out his earpiece. "You're gonna be deaf soon, Kwon Jiyong~"

 

One thing, he never let me touch his Ipod. 

 

"Miss, this is part of my job," he smiled gleefully at me. "What if I tell you that there's a ghost living in there?"

 

I could totally imagine, the amount of faces he saw and the voices he heard.

 

"So, is her voice nicer than mine?" I smiled, with his hands wrapping around mine in this chilly weather. 

 

"Definitely....." I wasn't satisfied with the answer and shot him a glare." Not~"

 

He replied cheekily as we made our way to my favourite restaurant.

 

I was curious.

 

About all the soundtracks that he made to a thousand tragic endings, real or imagined. 

 

"Are you still busy?" I gave a pout. "You never have time for me."

 

"So the top model of YG is saying that she's not busy?"

 

He gave a slight pinch on my cheeks. This was the first dinner date in a long time... 2 months?

 

"I'm only busy during fashion weeks, you're busy everyday!" I exclaimed and felt bad after that. "I'm not asking for too much aren't I..."

 

"Of course not," he held my hands that was on the table. "I'm in the wrong this time and I promise, I'll repay the time lost."

 

"Like?"

 

"Like heading to my house tonight, together?"

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"If I hadn't met you that day, I would have lost myself."

 

He bought up this topic randomly, with his eyes still on the television. 

 

"I guess so?" I smiled as I leaned comfortably on him. 

 

It was just a day where I had to report to the company. It happened when I stepped out of the meeting room, ready to leave the company. 

 

I heard a melody coming from the left; it was sunday and there wasn't a lot of people in the company. 

 

Hence, I was curious and my legs moved on its own accord. My footstep halted once I was right in front of the recording room. My hands reached out for the door knob, giving it a twist. 

 

When I saw who was inside and when our eyes met, my heart skipped a little.

 

It was the company's top notch producer. 

 

This was the first time I saw him,  and though I noticed how haunted his eyes were, I wasn't afraid of it. 

 

"H-Hello," I let out a awkward smile. "I was just p-passing by and heard some melody on the way, so I-I was just curious."

 

I spoke in the fastest speed I could, while my palms were starting to sweat.

 

"Do you want to come in and take a seat?"

 

That was the first sentence that came out from his mouth; it was a chic one I would say. 

 

And that is how it all begins.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

And I was drawn to him, in the way a melody drawn a crowd to the dance floor.

 

"Pulled by invisible strings", I chuckled. "And that is how I ended up in your recording room."

 

"And that is how we ended here now?"

 

Then the both of us broke into smiles, while looking at each other's face. 

 

"Right, I heard that you're flying away again?"

 

"Why are you always mentioning such things to ruin the mood when we don't even have enough time to spend with each other?" I stood up, walking towards the kitchen. 

 

"Come on, where are you leaving for?"

 

"LA for their fashion week." I started to clear the mess that we have left just awhile ago. "I'll be back in a weeks time?"

 

"I guess someone's gonna miss me a lot?"

 

His voice suddenly came from the back, causing my poor heart to jump a little.

 

"Yah! I told you to stop scaring me like this."

 

His hands wrapped around my waist, with his chin on my shoulder. 

 

"I'll miss you too." he sighed. "You must know that I love you so much, hmm?"

 

Something told me that he was kinda emotional tonight as he took a nibble on my neck. I washed my soapy hands, turning around. 

 

"Hey, what's wrong with you?"

 

I had my palms on his cheeks, I guessed it was the coldness of the water that made him shivered a little. 

 

"Nothing, just thinking how blessed I am for having you by my side." he left a peck on my lips."You know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you right?"

 

"Stop thinking about the past." I used my forehead, giving a knock on his. "You're getting into depression again."

 

"I won't, I've you and the ghost in my playlist."

 

Now I wonder if i'm one of those ghosts, if I'm somewhere, drifting between those notes. I hope I am.

 

I hope whenever my songs play, I am there, whispering in his ears. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Oh right, I'm leaving for Europe soon too." He spoke up when we were getting comfortable on the bed. "It's gonna take a little long this time, 2 months I guess?"

 

He tightened his embrace around me, sniffing like a puppy on my neck.

 

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He said those in a sleepy tone. "If there's any problem just find the brats, they will settle everything for you."

 

"Kwon Jiyong." I cut him off and called out his name seriously. "Why are you speaking like you're leaving me?"

 

"M-Mwuh?" His hands that were brushing off my hair to the side halted, but the next second he was normal again. "You're thinking too much babe."

 

I heard the little quiver in his voice, suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe. The only time he stutters, it's the time when he is lying. 

 

"You're lying."

 

Something was definitely amiss. 

 

My blood went cold, I just kept staring at him, looking at his features with the only light source coming for the lamp.

 

"Baby," He called out softly, "There's really nothing, I am fine."

 

"Ji..." I was scared, I reached out for him, with my face buried on his chest. "What's wrong? You're not lying to me aren't you? You can't do this to me..."

 

I choked up on my o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter