Sunday Best

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you remember that night I turned up on your doorstep?

 

I was wearing my Sunday best.

 

You watched the mascara as it ran down like fault lines, and you knew I had blood on my lips.

 

"Why are you doing this to yourself..." You sighed, a look of defeat written on your face.

 

Yeahs, why am I doing this to myself?

 

Honestly, I don't really know either.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Yoona, I-"

 

"Shhh. No. Don't call me Yoona..." I put my finger on your lips and frowned.

 

I hate it whenever you call me by my name. It always makes me feel inferior, as though I'm one of those rowdy students you encounter in school.

 

It amplifies the fact that our gap is so huge; You're a dashing, respectful lecturer in a reowned lecturer while me?

 

Oh yeah. An assassin in disguise behind a e.

 

"Yoong, don't do this to yourself anymore..." You sighed as you pulled me closer to you.

 

"I can't Ji... I can't..." I tightened my grip around your waist, burying my face into your bare chest, trying to muffle my cries.

 

"You can babe," You pulled me up and wiped away the tears in my eyes, giving me a smile. "I'm here remember?"

 

Looking into your warm hazel orbs brought me back to the past when I fell in love with you...

 

We were neighbours. You were a poor university student back then, renting only a room from the damp and dingy apartment. I was well, me, a younger version of me now, still an assassin, still a e. You knew my occupation but never once judged me like everyone else did.

 

We hit off pretty well. I was totally sweep away by your knowledge and cuteness, while I guess like any other normal guys, you were attracted to my beauty. Our relationship was platonic though; you always impressed me with your suaveness and I found the innocence I once had whenever I am with you.

 

This day, just like any other days, you came home after school, but unlike any other days, I was down with a high fever. I was almost losing conscious and I shivered as your cooling hands touched my scorching forehead.

 

"Yoong? Yoong can you hear me? Are you okay?"

 

I could hear your sultry voice ringing in my ears and I mumbled a 'yes' or something along that line.

 

"I'm going to get the doctor."

 

Perhaps it was the fear and insecurity in me ever since I became an assa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter