The Saddest Thing

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was someone I knew, a long time ago.

 

 

I was so in love with him I couldn’t see things straight; Everything in my eyes was him.

 

 

“Gosh Yoong, you’re all over Jiyong. You need to give him some personal space~”

 

 

“There’s nothing wrong with falling all over for the guy you like and please for god's sake accept Youngbae’s proposal! I’m going crazy replying to his repetitive questions everyday.”

 

 

Even though I was replying her, my eyes were on him playing a basketball match in the court.

 

 

There isn’t anything wrong about a girlfriend coming over to support her boyfriend during a competition, right?

 

 

“I am talking about you, not myself. But seriously, you two just stick like gum everyday. Aren’t you tired?"

 

 

"This is the reason why I keep asking you to go and experience it yourself. If you're madly in love, you would want to see them 24/7."

 

 

And it feels weird when they are not around you.

 

 

Just nice the buzzer went off, indicating the end of the match. Of course, our school team won effortlessly; 58-37.

 

 

He was walking towards my direction, with everyone’s eyes on him. Everyone including mine.

 

 

“Jiyong oppa! Congratulations! I knew our school will win!” Yuri started praising him from head to toe.

 

 

“Thanks Yul,” He gave a ruffle on her head, “What about you?”

 

 

He panned his view to me, who was already blushing at the sight of him. Even though we were already a couple, I still could not help but to blush when he’s around.

 

 

“W-What about me?”

 

 

“You are still as slow as ever. Be it getting into a relationship or nah.” Yuri started to giggle. “Oh right, before I forget. Jiyong oppa, don’t you feel suffocated? You and Yoong are always sticking everywhere you go.”

 

 

“Nope, not at all. Kwon Yuri, you’re just jealous~”

 

 

Even though my face doesn’t show, I was actually very satisfied with his answer.

 

 

“M-Mwuh? Am not!”

 

 

“Be it yes or no, it’s not my business. It’s his~” He raised his brows, looking towards the entrance where Youngbae oppa was at. “Alright, got to go~”

 

 

He grabbed me away even before I could bid goodbye to Yuri.

 

 

The saddest thing is, he felt the same way about me.

 

 

It was the happiest thing to me long time ago but now it’s not.

 

 

“Yah yah, I haven’t even say goodbye!”

 

 

“It doesn’t matter, you see her everyday anyway. What's most important is what am I getting from you?” He pulled me closer, with just an inch away. He reeked of sweat after the game but I didn't detest it.

 

 

"You're getting something just because our school won the game?" I gave a slap on his arms, giggling. "Daesung oppa scored quite a lot today too. Does that mean that I've to give him a gift too?"

 

 

“Yah. I scored more than him alright.” He was looking at me with his puppy eyes.

 

 

Who would know he had such a side?

 

 

“Alright, I give up. What do you want?”

 

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” he pointed to his lips.

 

 

“R-Right here? N-Now?!”

 

 

He did not reply and gave me a ‘what do you think’ face.

 

 

“No way!”

 

 

I was actually embarrassed.

 

 

“It’s a statement, not a question Im Yoona.”

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

It was easy in the beginning. All we had to do was laugh at the same things and love took over and did the rest.

 

 

Then the holidays came, it was the longest break that we have during this school term.

 

 

Both of us were so excited, we were gonna take a small break. Instead of going overseas, we planned to take a trip down to Busan.

 

 

Just like how we could read each other's mind, both of us already have the answer in our mind.

 

 

"Yah, do you have any places in mind?"

 

 

I was looking around the websites, trying to find places to visit.

 

 

"What about you?" He questioned me instead of replying to my question.

 

 

'I actually have a place in mind, but I'm not sure if you will like it."

 

 

"Why not we say it out together? Let's see if we were really meant for each other."

 

 

Of course, he wasn't serious about that, but who knows.

 

 

 

"3, 2, 1"

 

 

 

"Busan."

 

 

 

"Busan!"

 

 

Even though he said it as a joke but I couldn't help to feel happy. I have never felt so connected to another person, it felt like he was able to read everything in my mind.

 

 

Just like this, the plan to Busan was all set.

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

Just like this, time flies.

 

 

All our exams had ended well and we were on the train to busan.

 

 

We ordered a two seater on the train and of course, I took the seat near the window.

 

 

"Let's take this off, it's so uncomfortable." I looked towards his direction and realised that he was talking about the handle in between us.

 

 

"How is that possible?" I looked at him amusingly, he was trying to pluck that off. "Yah, you're gonna spoil it."

 

 

He ignored my complain, still focusing on the handle.

 

 

 

I've decided to ignore him since he's gonna be the one paying if he broke that anyways.

 

 

 

A few moments later, I heard his little cheer.

 

 

 

"Nice, it's done!"

 

 

 

He look at me gleefully, like a little kid that finally got his ice cream.

 

 

 

"Tell me why are you so adorable, Kwon Jiyong?"

 

 

 

I gave a slight pinch on the both side of his cheeks and planted a peck on his lips.

 

 

 

"Because I'm showered by Im Yoona's love~"

 

 

 

"Glib!"

 

 

 

"Alrights, now that it's done, it's time for you to take a nap."

 

 

 

"Mwuh?"

 

 

I looked at him for a few seconds and something finally dawned on me.

 

 

"Y-You-"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter