A Poem

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Omo! Yoong! You're back!"

 

"Yoong! I miss you so much!"

 

"Welcome home Yoona!"

 

Everyone greeted me with smiles, hugs and kisses. I could almost feel my tears b as I hugged each and every one of them.

 

"I'm glad to see all of you guys."

 

I wasn't lying; I'm glad to be back.

 

"Er... Jiyong... Jiyong is caught up with work today... Tha-That's why he can't attend this meetup," Youngbae oppa struggled with his words as I sat comfortably among all our friends.

 

"Just tell Yoong honestly that he's such a petty guy and refuses to turn up," Tiffany unnie scoffed with distaste.

 

"Hey hey. Don't start an argument the moment I just came back guys," I joked, trying to hide my disappointment. "It's okays oppa. I don't blame him at all. I was the one who left without a word after all."

 

"That's because you see him and his secretary getting too close for comfort," Hyoyeon unnie snorted and rolled her eyes. "Stop speaking up for him, Yoong. You're always the one being the nice and forgiving one."

 

"But in the first place, we weren't even together, like together as an item remember?" I shrugged my shoulders with a smile.

 

And that, kept everyone quiet.

 

"Yah, Yoong just came back! So can we just focus on catching up instead of talking about all these?" Sooyoung unnie suggested diplomatically. "You girl! You went missing for like almost a year and then you contacted us but lost contact again for half a year until now! You better have a real good reason for this, Im Yoona."

 

"Oh... Haha, well... You know I needed a break from... Everything after all that happened and to be fair to me, I was really busy with my work! So when I finally settled down at a foreign country, I contacted you guys again. And for that half a year... I'm sorry. I had kind of been like traveling around to developing countries to do voluntary works as a break from my hectic work. You know how poor the technology is in those countries. And walla, after half a year, I'm back to visit you guys," I rubbed my face against Sooyoung unnie's arms and whined. "So am I forgivennnnnnn?"

 

"Count yourself lucky! Don't disappear again on us just like that! At least tell us when you're going to do voluntary work next time!"

 

"Yes madam!"

 

I heaved a sigh of relief inwardly as everyone moved on from the topic.

 

"So Yoong, how long are you going to stay here? You're not staying for good right?" Daesung oppa asked.

 

"Yeahs. But I've requested for a break. So I'll be here for another month or two? Taking a break after I'm done with my poem recital performance," I answered.

 

"Oh right! Someone is a FAMOUS poet nowwwww~" Everyone else cooed.

 

"Awwww. Stop with the teasing guys! You guys know I'm still the clumsy, gluttony Im Yoona!" I grimaced.

 

"So, is our clumsy poet going to invite us to her performance?"

 

"Uhm... How about you guys think of what to feed me with first? I'm CRAVING for a hot bowl of samgyetang right now. The State doesn't have a decent bowl of samgyetang I swear."

 

"Still the same old gluttony!"

 

"I told you so!"

 

Everyone laughed and it was as though I hadn't disappear at all and it was just like the past; we could talk about anything under the sun, joke about everything and anything. Everyone started to relax and after dinner and catching up, some of them hit the dance floor of the club we went while others became drunk a little too quickly.

 

"Glad that you're back, Yoong."

 

"Hey oppa, I know. I'm glad to be back and I'm glad that you guys still welcome me with open arms."

 

"Yoong, you know..." Youngbae oppa was once again struggling with his words and I knew what he wanted to say.

 

"Oppa, where's him working at now? Is the address still the same?"

 

Youngbae oppa's face lighted up. "No, the company has been listed. He had moved to a building in Gangnam."

 

"Wow, looks like all these years worked out pretty well for him," I smiled. "Text me the address."

 

"R-Really?!" Youngbae oppa was ecstatic.

 

"Isn't this what you want from me, oppa?" I chuckled and pretended to roll my eyes. "If not, you wouldn't have been staring at me for the entire night, as though you had swallowed a dead fish. That expression, oppa, please. You know it ALWAYS works on me."

 

"I just... I just don't think you guys should end it this way," Youngbae oppa sighed.

 

"End? We didn't even begin, so where's the end?" I smiled bitterly.

 

"Yoong, he didn't end up with Sulli," Youngbae oppa became serious. "If that's what you're thinking."

 

Now, that was something surprising.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Ms Im, please follow me. Our chairman will now see you."

 

I got up from the couch, following the secretary from behind. I looked around as I walked and couldn't help but smile.

 

So many things have changed; In the past, the office was so small that just a mere 10 steps could get me to his room, but right now, there's walkways and corridors, making it seem like a maze that we played when we were kids. In the past, I would just barge into his room as and when I like, whenever and whatever occasion I like. But right now, I even have to make an appointment and to wait, probably like all his business partners, waiting for a chance to talk or see him.

 

Everything has changed, just like how his secretary has changed as well.

 

"Thank you."

 

Before I know it, I had reached the front of the door and the secretary had left me alone, disappearing into one of the many walkways. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

"Come in."

 

I opened the doorknob and there he sat, immersed in his documents.

 

I felt like crying again. There he sat, looking so dashing. I remembered how I always said that he looks the best when he's focused on work.

 

I guess this didn't change at all.

 

"Hi..."

 

I said awkwardly and immediately, I watched him snapped up. There was a hint of surprise that flashed across his eyes but it faded almost within the next second, his expression became a cold and calm one.

 

"I thought it was other Ms Im when I was first informed about this appointment."

 

"Well then, sorry to disappoint you?" I chuckled, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "Long time no see, oppa..."

 

"Indeed a very long time," he replied. "Have a seat."

 

I don't know when it had become so formal between us.

 

"I see that you'd done pretty well? From a small, dingy office to now, wow. A whole building under your company?!" I teased. "Do you have like money-making superpowers or something?"

 

"Just that I've no distractions but to work anyway," he of course, was not at all amused by my joke it seemed.

 

I didn't know what else to say. It was an awkward silence and I was cursing Youngbae oppa endlessly in my heart for asking me to come here.

 

I tried for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter