Numbers

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing felt like mine anymore, not after you.

 

All those little things that defined me;

 

small sentimental trinkets,

 

"Yah, you're so rich but you always buy me this kind of trinkets! Diamond rings, gold necklaces all these would be preferred, Kwon young master~"

 

"As if you'll like all these. If you'd fancied all those, I wouldn't have had a hard time trying to look for all these jewelleries by the roadside stalls and attract all the weird gazes already."

 

car keys,

 

"Oh my goshhhhh! My car key is missing AGAIN! !"

 

"Ahhh. This is the EIGHTH time you misplaced your car key! Luckily, I've precaution already. I'd installed a tracking device on your keys and installed the app on your phone. Check it to see where is it you blur head. "

 

pin codes,

 

"Uhm... I shall put my birthday this time round. You always love to set your numbers for my pin codes pfttt."

 

"You don't like it? Alrights then. I shall set our anniversary date then? Since it's my birthdate too muhahaha!"

 

and passwords.

 

"It's all your fault for not letting me auto remember those passwords on my computer Kwon Jiyong! Look! Now I can't log into my account!"

 

"Hello miss, do you know what is cyber safety? And you're the one that refuses to listen to my advice. Putting 'ILoveJiBaby90' instead of all those weird numbers and letters would be easier to remember?"

 

They all felt like you.

 

And more than anything else, my number;

 

"Yoona-sshi, how about you give me your number as a form of saying thank you for my help? That'll be a real, nice gift."

 

The one that you boldly asked for that night, amidst a sea of people, under a sky of talking satellites and glowing stars.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Welcome Sir! How ma-..."

 

My sentence trailed off as I looked up, coming face to face with you. You were talking to your client too, smiling politely and when you saw me, your smile just froze as well.

 

I knew by that working in a VIP-restricted restaurant, the chances of meeting you would be high. It would be a lie if I said I didn't want to see you anymore. I wanted to see you again badly, but at the same time, I know that I could not. Hence, I was sitting on the fence between wanting and should not see you.

 

And you popped out just like that; without any signs.

 

"H-How many of you, sir..."

 

"10," instead of you, your secretary stood in between us.

 

Of course, you didn't have to speak to people of a lower class.

 

People like me.

 

"Su-Sure, this way please..." I tried to keep my composure, plastering a smile across my face as I led the way.

 

I could feel your gaze on my back but I chose to ignore that.

 

I told myself, 'no Im Yoona. No.'

 

I led the group of you into a room and escaped with my head bent low.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

I couldn't bear to go in anymore.

 

I asked an employee to take over the position and I guessed you're still bitter over the fact that I left you? Since you didn't bother to look for me as well. I laughed at how ridiculous my thoughts were; maybe you'd already moved on and that I had meant nothing to you anymore.

 

But oh boy, how wrong I was.

 

I settled the accounts for the day and ensured that the employee on duty had locked the doors before leaving. And as I was walking towards my car, I saw you.

 

Your car was parked right in front of mine and you were leaning against it, taking a puff as you looked up at the night sky.

 

"Don't smoke so much," I muttered as I walked passed him.

 

I didn't know why I had to say that, I didn't know what caused me to say that. I could have pretended that I didn't know you, I could have just walked passed you and got into my car without saying anything. That would have put an end to everything I guess.

 

But somehow, my heart didn't want to.

 

An instant regret crept up and I wanted to get into my car and drive off hurriedly. But, before I could even get into my car, I heard your voice.

 

The deep, husky voice that I almost forgotten how it sounded like when it's against my ears.

 

"No matter how many times I erased you from my phone, I think I would still recognise the number when it flashed on my screen," you continued to stare at the sky. "The series of sixes and nines, reminded me of the dip of your waist to the curve of your hips, my hands pressed into the small of your back. Remember how you always say those nines and sixes were like reminiscent of two contented cats, curled together like a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter