The Stranger

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Omo omo! He's looking at me! What am I going to do!" 

 

"Please, he's just looking at the time you idiot. Stop being delusional~" 

 

My friend rolled her eyes at me as I looked up and saw the clock hanging above my head.

 

I stuck out my tongue cheekily and got up, heading to the counter. "I'm going to get a coffee." 

 

I walked towards the counter and towards him as well, my mind cluttered with the many possibilities. 

 

What if there's just some mishap in this pivotal moment? 

 

A spilled drink,  a stumble through the door - his hand reaching out to steady me and it would have happened. 

 

And then the mishap happened. 

 

"I'm sorry. Are you alrights?" 

 

Someone came by the door and accidentally pushed him, causing him to lose his balance and knocked onto me, causing me to fall. He caught me by the arm and steadied me, looking at me worriedly. 

 

But what should happen thereafter didn't happen.

 

I turned away, out of shyness and indecisiveness and by the time I readied myself and turned back, he was gone. 

 

"Yah! Earth to Im Yoona!" 

 

"M-Mwuh!" 

 

"He's already gone! Oh my gosh, I thought your soul had left with him! He's just a STRANGER for goodness sake Yoong!" My friend grimaced. 

 

And as she droned on and on, which my ears only registered as buzz. Honestly, how do I explain without sounding unsound? 

 

That click when my eyes met his... 

 

It was like the switch of a train track, transporting me for one miraculous moment, to what might have been.

 

"Yah, are we going already?"

 

But then the reality has to intervene and I need to stop chasing the shadows.

 

"Y-Yeah yeah. Let's go..." 

 

I shook my head, looking at the figure that was already a distance away. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

But you know sometimes, what you felt could be real. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter