67: Jinki's Dilemma Explained!

SHINee : Family Version

Jinki slipped his school clothes into the bag, pulling up the straps to his shoulders and walk towards the gate, looking around before sneaking out. He was supposed to be at school today, but he skipped it to go to the audition, the one that he received the letter before.

Starship called him in, offering him an exclusive contract that he couldn’t resists of going. He waited for the bus, covering his face slightly so that no one would recognize him to be a student skipping school. He had never done it before, and this was his first time, so he was anxious to the point that he might bumped into his parents while going there. He didn’t want to get in trouble so soon because of his actions, and plus, he already created chaos with Minho’s accident.

He really risked his life decision by going to the audition without adult’s supervision. Without his parents’ consent on it. He’s really risking it all to be going to the company today.

He hopped on the bus, walking to the named company and letting himself in, alerting the receptionist of his presence. As he waited, he look around, taking a whole good look of the company that he auditioned before.

The truth is, he never thought that he would made it this far. He auditioned for the company as a joke, something that most dumb teenage would do, to challenge his skills as he is the son of a singer in an idol group.

He never showed any enthusiasm in being an idol, only his brother does, but has he ever doubted his skills? No. so off he went to the audition, trying his luck, seeing if he has what it takes to be an idol just like his father.

And yes, he made it. But he didn’t want to be an idol. That’s what got him into this sticky situation later on. With much advise from his Uncle Heechul, Jinki decided to stop by and see how it will work out. Maybe the idol life is calling his name?

“Park Jinki-ssi.” His head perks to his name, standing up and brushing the imaginary dirt out of his clothes before following the receptionist to the room, where he was met with one of the coordinators there.

“It’s good to be seeing you considering our contract, Mr. Park.” The man shook his hands with Jinki, before offering him the seat. Jinki place both of his hands on the lap, watching the man, whom he had known as Mr. Kim.

“Do I really get to be in a debut group?” Jinki started, cutting to the chase. He had remembered how his parents told him the struggles of training, and how the chances of debuting are really low unless you are really talented. Every trainee will be exposed to the media somehow, and it will be the matter of time for potential fans to know about the trainees and gained them a spot for debut.

“Yes, as we discussed before. It is much appreciated if you would train with us for a couple of years until we brought you in for a reality show’s competition for Starship trainees.”

Jinki blinked. A reality show? Competition? That doesn’t ring a bell.

“I’m sorry, did you say a competition? A reality show’s competition?”

Mr. Kim nodded. “Starship is planning to conduct a reality show which all of the Starship trainees will compete for their spot in the newest Starship debut group. That way, we can not only see their eagerness to debut, but also the potential hype of fans towards the new debut group “

Jinki bit his lip, hesitation clearly shown on his face. This is not what he had expected. He thought debuting means doing it naturally, just like what his father had experiences, training and then waiting for the chance to debut, just like what most company would do.

“Son, this opportunity does not come easily just like that. So many people ended up letting go of their dreams just because they don’t want to go through another stages of debuting.”

“I’m not worried about training for years. I’m worried about the competition. It does not matter if I would ended up debuting or not, but if I was eliminated, would you bring me back later with promises of a permanent spot in the group? Or are you going to put me in the training period for as long as I live until the next debut group?”

Mr. Kim was silent for a moment. “We can assure you that we will try our best to not have you eliminated immediately, and standing till the end.”

Jinki chuckles darkly. “Can you? The contract said that I am definitely going to debut in a group, but it doesn’t say which one. Or when” He pulled out the piece of contract and smack it on the table, before standing up and bowing to Mr. Kim out of respect.

“Thank you for your cooperation. I believe that I rather stay in school, get my degree and work my way up to the company, like most people do. I find that being an idol simply just doesn’t cut out for me. “he turns to walk to the door, but halted when Mr. Kim suddenly utter his words to him.

“You’ll never get this opportunity anywhere else, kid!”

Jinki shrugged. “I got potential. I’m young and still learning. I don’t need to be an idol to show what I can do. Too bad the company couldn’t see that. Thank you for your time.”

And thus, he walks out from the room, away from another future that could be his, but Jinki was happy regardless. He felt free, that annoying itch didn’t bother him anymore. He could be whatever he wanted, and now he’s itching to be the normal Jinki.

“Where should I go next?” he ponders, eyes scanning through the stores. He grinned immediately when he spotted a familiar store across the street.

“Chicken it is!”

 


A/N: YO YO SSUP? your author is sick so like writing is still going on so yeah, here ya go pfft.

xoxo