10 : Appa's Future Making Session

SHINee : Family Version

Little Taemin hug his mother’s leg, following you around everywhere as much as he could. Sometimes he would hold a pinkie finger of yours, or your sleeves or even the hem of your shirt because you might need your hands to deal with work.

You didn’t mind that because your baby needs the attention he seeks, so you would carefully stop by and make a small talk with him before focusing on your job.

Leetuk didn’t think it was a good idea.

“Tae-ah, let’s play football?” Leetuk smiled, holding the soccer ball in his hand, waiting for the small one to nod. But Taemin didn’t answer, looking at the ball hesitantly before turning to look at you. It was one of the rare days when both his parents are in the house today, and he just want to stick with them doing nothing.

“go and play with appa, Tae. It’s fine. Mama will be here.” You pat his head, urging him to go to Leetuk. Leetuk was waiting patiently for the youngest to agree when he did, immediately he scoop him away to the backyard, where the rest are already waiting.

“oh? Tae is joining?” Minho asked, surprised at the sudden decision of little Taemin joining them. Leetuk put him down, and Taemin immediately latched on his father’s leg, wanting to watch what happened.

“Taemin-ah, appa and your brothers will show you how to play football, okay? Get some dirt on you a little. Man up a little.” Leetuk joked, pinching his cheeks before dropping the ball and kick it lightly to Minho. Minho accomplied and dribble the ball to warm up his moves.

“appa, you do know that Tae loves dancing and music just like you.” Kibum stretched his back, looking pointedly at the father. Leetuk rolled his eyes and make a zipping movement with his fingers on his mouth, telling Kibum to shut up.

“guys can play and dance at the same time. I don’t want him to grow up only learning one thing at a time. He can be something else too.” he sat Taemin on the chair, patting his head while smiling at him. Little Taemin understands, and he nodded.

“you do know that he’s eight, right, appa? There’s a longggg way to go.” Jinki interrupted, putting his shoes on and dust himself.

“oh, I can’t have a say in playing a role in my sons’ future now?” Leetuk frowned, being slightly hurt that his idea of shaping the youngest son in the family was being criticized by his sons. He was trying to make sure that Taemin would have a better chances in doing something else rather than thinking about being a dancer or singer in the future. Or whatever that fits. Jinki sighed and bowed slightly, apologizing to his father.

“appa, Jinki-hyung didn’t mean that way. It’s just that we wouldn’t want to force Taemin into doing something that he doesn’t like later on. It’s fun to do this in the free time, but if it’s because of his future, I don’t think that you should interfere much. That’s what I would think, anyway…” Minho bit his lip, shrugging. Leetuk frowned more. His mood to play football was being pushed away because the other sons was not agreeing to Leetuk’s original idea. He stomped inside, leaving the five siblings outside just like that.

He walked over to the living room, to you who was busy typing away on the laptop, doing your work. He sat next to you and lean his chin on top of your shoulder, pouting. You stopped typing and saved your work. Knowing him, he won’t stop until you did.

“is this about deciding their future again?”

Leetuk scowled at you, his wife whom he loved for almost 9 years now and still do until now. You would be a fool to not know about him because it happens to every sons. And the kids called it “Appa’s future making session”. Of course they detested it.

He made Jinki tried out Volleyball, which made him have a temporary amnesia due to being hit by the ball on his head during an important match. It nearly got you a heart attack because he couldn’t even remember his family temporarily.

Jonghyun was being forced to ‘learn’ painting and art design, thinking that it would suit him because Leetuk claimed that Jonghyun had the face of a designer. Jonghyun once accidentally set the room on fire though, making Leetuk had to pay for the cost. Luckily nobody was hurt. You had a headache and had to withdraw Jonghyun from art class for a year because of that.

As for the twins, Leetuk had made Kibum venture into the world of water skiing. It was fun at first, but then he discovered that Kibum could not swim when he forgot to wore his life jacket that one day. Minho was nearly passed out more than you because his twin was barely survived that dreadful day. You thought that your husband would stop there,

But then he put Minho into a ballet lesson, which Minho was terrified of it. Minho who was the extremely active sporty boy, cowered in the corner when he had to see other people twirling and stretching like a rubber, or wearing leotard or dancing shoes every single day. And his worst fear came true when the instructor told him to wear it and dance at the recital. Minho had actually cried for the first time and run away from the class to you, begging to get him out from the class.

You ignored Leetuk for a month because he had caused the 4 eldest sons in the family to have a trauma in different things. It took the whole Super Junior crew to persuade you to reconcile with the moping leader again. He had promised to not do that again to little Taemin.

Oh well…

“I just wanted them to venture into different things. Who knows they might think that being an idol is just a kiddy dream. They would be thanking me someday.” Leetuk sighed. You put your laptop on the coffee table before turning to him, cupping his cheeks and kissing him everywhere on the face, turning the frown upside down on his handsome face.

“you do know that you are doing fine on that? Not everyone wanted to be an idol just like you. Our sons knew the hardship. Well, if you can count on Jonghyun,” you shrugged.

“well… Jonghyun was a bit determined.”

“but he’s still the cutie cowardly son. Our son.” You smiled and pull him up, pulling him to the backyard and put a finger to his lip, keeping him quiet. Leetuk was confused but then his ears perked up at the sound of screaming, cheering and yelling which has been caused by his sons. He peeked over your head to see Minho and Jinki dribbling for the ball while Kibum and Jonghyun was yelling by their self-made goal post, telling them to pass through and make the goal.

He turn to look at little Taemin that was supposed to be sitting on the chair that Leetuk had made him sat on, but he was not there.

“where’s Tae?” Leetuk asked anxiously. You smiled and point towards the boys. Leetuk turn to the direction that you were pointing at and his face broke into a soft smile.

Minho blocked Jinki away with his body, kicking the ball lightly to little Taemin that was running towards it, kicking it with his small legs and pushing it to Jonghyun’s goal post. Jonghyun was smiling as he pretended to be ‘guarding’ his place when little Taemin kicked the ball as hard as he could, which made the ball dribbled to the side of the goal and almost missed the goal when Jonghyun leaped towards the ball, secretly pushing the ball to his back with his hand to made it seems like the ball is going inside the goal.

The ball was inside the goal, and Taemin cheered.

Minho, Jinki, Kibum and Jonghyun stood up to crowd Taemin and lifted him up to the air and throw him in the air lightly, cheering for his first goal. Taemin laughed excitedly, whooping cutely and wriggle his arms around at the same time, celebrating for his victory.

You smiled and nudge Leetuk with your body before leaning your head on his chest.

“looks like you don’t have to worry about it again.”

Leetuk chuckled and wrapped his arms around you, hugging you closer.

“you’re right. They would be thanking me in the future.”

“only if you didn’t made Minho wear a tutu for god sake!”

“I thought that it would be cute…” 


CONGRATS TAEMIN FOR WINNING THE BEST DANCE PERFORMANCE FOR SOLO ARTIST IN MAMA 2016!! SO PROUD OF HIM!! 

As much as i love seeing them being successful solo artist, i'm still hoping SHINee will rise again! SM, please, don't overlook this boys! take care of him like how they took care of our hearts! <3