60: Minho's Valentine's

SHINee : Family Version

You had a butterflies everywhere, in your stomach, in your heart, in the garden on the backyard, everywhere. It was Valentine’s Day, and you didn’t expect for Park Minho to show up on your front door with a bouquet of white lilies and an expensive looking box with chocolates inside it.

It must have cost you a fortune, but Minho didn’t even bat an eye.

And it took a football star player a warm greeting, his handsome face and a small speech to take you out on a date on this romantic day.

First it started with a cute breakfast by the cute café downtown that just screams fancy to you.

While you were smoothing down your crinkled white blouse, trying to fit in. Your inexpensive dressy top was incomparable to the price of the breakfast set that was plastered on the table, with a guy that just sips his tea like a Greek god.

Park Minho was the definition of perfection, the God at school.

You were just a plain jane-ish, not fitting to be anywhere in the clique, but enough to not stand alone in the crowd.

While you were busy fidgeting around trying to make yourself look presentable, Minho was watching you, smiling at your antiques.

He cleared his throat, catching your attention.

“Since this is Valentine’s Day, I figured that we should do something out of the ordinary.”

That caught your interest. You stopped moving your hands around trying to not look like an idiot, which brought a small smile on your date’s handsome face.

“What’s on your mind?”

Minho put his cup down, one that you didn’t notice due to busy being coquettish self like a fish out of the water. He leaned his upper body forward, and you almost leaned back if not for the chair handle behind you.

“candle making, flowers arrangement, chocolate baking, perfume making, anything?”

You blinked. That is a list of romantic activities, something that should be shared between couples, which, by the fact that you’re in right now,

You and Minho are not a couple.

You are classmates.

“Minho, I’m not sure if you were oblivious about it, but that is a couple activity.”

Minho nodded, knowing that you were about to say something else.

“We- we’re not… a couple…” you mumbled, your face warm at admitting that fact. It’s a date, which you are grateful for, but it’s not like you two are dating.

“I noticed that. So, we should have made it official sooner, right?” Minho’s confident words startled you, made you gape at his confident grin. You blinked before pointing to yourself and him.

“You, me? A couple?”

Minho nodded.

“I’m not the best at expressing my feelings out of my brothers, but hear me out. I like you. I have a crush on you ever since you doodled our math’s teacher’s grumpy face on my paper accidentally. It was cute.”

You and Minho immediately smiled at the memory.

You and the rest of the class had exchanged your papers to mark the answers on the quiz that the teacher had given before. You, being forgetful somehow, had doodled the teacher’s grumpy ol’ face on Minho’s paper, and forget about it seconds later after finished marking the paper.

You got up, giving back the paper to Minho, whom you knew to be your classmates, mumbling the answers and head back to your seat, already thinking about the homework for the next class.

Minho had noticed the doodles, smiled to himself while glancing at you every second, amused at your antiques. He realized that you probably didn’t realized it yourself, until Minho decided to personally teased to you about it after the class.

That got you to notice Minho, and vice versa.

You didn’t expect for it to turned out to be a full-blown crush for the handsome football player.

You grinned, nodding at the memory.

“I am a good caricature artist.” You giggled to yourself, which made Minho smiled even wider at your laugh.

“So… should we start dating from today?”

You smiled, amused at him. It’s Minho’s turn for his cheeks to turn pink.

“On Valentine’s Day? I would be honored.”

Minho smiled at your answer, winking at you playfully.

“It’s not that hard to count to our anniversaries then.”

You blushed. He’s already thinking ahead and here you are, thinking about the activities for today.